BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton Away 22Nd August

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

We're the same every week Gav, dominate, concede a goal, then have to chase the game. You make your own luck.

I remember people making the same excuses for Kean during the start of the 2011/12 season. In particular there was a match against Everton where we missed 2 penalties and lost 1-0, and plenty were saying how well we played, and Kean can't do anything about us missing penalties and failing to take our chances...

It was only by November/December that a lot of supporters realised how bad it really was, and that the reason we were losing wasn't bad luck - it was because the manager was clueless and we had the mentality of losers.

It's not quite as bad this time around, but the parallels are there imo.

• Backroom

But the over reaction on here is embarrassing.

There hasn't been much of one really just a lot of disappointing to be losing again.

Still we've come on stronger second halves recently let's just do it again

• Backroom

I said we'd be the next Portsmouth on this very forum the day them tosssers sacked BS . Quite a few in here were very pro sacking and pro venkys

'Member since 08 July 2015'?

My mates in the ground, we've battered them and lost a very unlucky goal.

Encouraging - his words not mine.

So put the toys back in the pram people.

Happens to us far too much though.

Whenever we play well away from home we seem totally incapable of grinding out results, especially sticking the ball in the net.

If this were Steve Kean, he'd be all over that! I remember when we lost at Bolton after the Fabrice Muamba incident and Kean used that as an excuse.

I still have nightmares about that. I'd been watching La Liga and Champions league football and I came back to watch that travesty - the worst Premiership game I've ever seen.

Should of been 2-0 apparently. .We can't keep possession , they have all the ball in first half but we were better side?

Christ just seen stats that had almost 80% possession

Off topic, but what ever happened to the should/would/could have filter? :lol:

We're the same every week Gav, dominate, concede a goal, then have to chase the game. You make your own luck.

That's the thing, you can't be 'unlucky' all the time. There comes a stage where you have to just say 'the players just can't finish'. Even Andy MisContol scored 1 in 4 easy chances.

Archived