BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Bolton 28Th August

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Two really poor teams, but Bolton are worse. It's worrying that we haven't scored yet. A draw here isn't good enough - if we can't beat this shower at home then I honestly don't know who we can beat.

Our team generally works hard, but the lack of quality in a number of positions is really sad. Delfouneso, Lowe and Evans are all bereft of any creative talent. Rhodes is missing the few chances he gets. Marshall drifting in and out, Conway effective but lacking options with the ball. Defence has been fine but Bolton have done nothing to threaten us, save the two penalty shouts, one of which probably should have been given.

Get Guthrie or Koita on at half time, at the very least. Get Lowe off the pitch, the boy is terrible and should be nowhere near the first team. I'd take Delfouneso off too, but no chance of Gary making two changes at HT. He won't even make one.

Delfounso has put himself about and not done too bad. But I think if we're gonna keep going long then Koita might be a better presence. Lowe has been poor and Evans has been only slightly better. All told it ain't too pretty. Bolton look poor and we really should be putting them to bed. But sadly I've got to say we don't look considerably better and it's still not cohesive.

On the plus side I think our centre half pairing has shown signs of promise. If only Duffy could smash one of those headers in their box.

Bolton are absolute toss, if we can't put these lot away we are going down.

Agree. Even with our difficulties our team should be at the other end of the table the league is that bad.

Think we've played decently. Bolton offered very little. A bit more guile in the midfield and we should win. (it'll be Evans who comes off obviously).

Still confident of 3 points.

This game is there for the taking they really are abysmal

Unfortunately we aren't much better.

Sums up the first half precisely.

TBH I didn't realise that Lowe was that bad. He must do a lot 'off' the ball as he does nowt with it.

Conway is a bright spark. Spurr can only be in for his long throws and freekicks.

• Backroom

Lowey has put himself about. How's the mash going down Preston Blue?

If you asked me to sum up what Lowe is good at it would be running near people, everything else is lacking.

Earlier this half he received the ball and managed to lose it by doing a Cruyff turn in order to pass it back to the keeper.

Anyway get Koita on, we'll still win this.

Archived