BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ask Your Questions To Shaw, Myers, Bowyer

pk1875

Strange comment - tickets are on open sale to anyone who wants one, controlled by the Action Group not the club. Doesn't that mean that the composition of the audience will be a cross section of fans who care enough to want to ask the difficult questions that need to be asked? And those questions therefore will be anything but a tea party for the three people on stage?

If this turns out not to be the case, it suggests one of two things - [a] either there are more "sycophants" out there than people like to suggest, or there are too many people particularly on this messageboard who will say anything about anyone from behind a keyboard and screen but don't actually have the minerals to stand on their feet, show their faces, and make those views known in public and in person to the targets of their online abuse.

Mark, Paul and the rest of the Action Group committee deserve great credit for making this happen, and I'm amazed to be reading some of the most vocal critics of Gary Bowyer, Derek Shaw and Alan Myers already predicting a damp squib and in effect blaming other fans in advance for how the evening turns out.

And by the way Stuart. "Rovers Fans", "Apologists" and now "Sycophants". IMO your own way of posting - regularly - does as much to damage the atmosphere on here than anyone else's, which makes your recent contributions in "Ask Admin" sound incredibly hollow.

The tone of the evening will be set by those who attend, I very much doubt the Action group committee members will ask any questions. We provided this platform for every supporter to have the opportunity to ask their questions directly.

On this forum and many others we regularly see posters saying I'd love to ask Myers this, I'd love to ask Bowyer that, I'd love to tell Shaw this..... and so on.

For me personally it will be interesting to see which questions do get asked. I believe it's a great chance for supporters, whether the masses take up the chance is up to them.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly the host with the microphone won't have the bottle to ask the questions that really matter. All questions will have been vetted long before meaning a totally pointless exercise

Sadly the host with the microphone won't have the bottle to ask the questions that really matter. All questions will have been vetted long before meaning a totally pointless exercise

What real questions are there to ask those 3? Bowyer in particular ' hey gary is it true thay you have failed in your objectives of reaching the playoffs(at least) in the past two seasons And now you're well on course for failing miserably again this season?' Hey gary, aren't you awful at being a manager?

Hey mr shaw, what do you make of the judges comments about you during the berg court case? 'I cant answer that for legal reasons'

Mr. Myers, what exactly have you bern doing for the past year and dont you think paying your salary has been a total waste of the clubs money? 'Eeer tea pary anybody? Ill get the hobknobs'

the questions won't be pre submitted, they will come straight from the supporter.

Not only that, but why should we believe anything that comes out of their mouths? You think they will be frank, open and truthful?

It will all be pre-planned and scripted from the top table and I should imagine a few 'no comment', or 'thats not on the agenda today', or 'thats not open for discussion', or 'that needs to stay in-house', 'or we cannot divulge too too much at this time', replies will be provided should questions get too lively for comfort. Obviously after checking with Myers for confirmation.

Best of luck to those going, especially if swallowing the platitudes. I stopped listening to Bowyer months ago and having worked with Shaw and never heard of Myers, think I would be much more content washing my hair that evening.

My question would be. What in your opinion are Venkys getting out of their association with Blackburn Rovers.

Thats just it, these 3 can't/won't answer questions like that about the venkys, they will just dish out the usual 'venkys are fully committed to Brfc and are backing us financial as much as possible within ffp rules' who needs to pay £5 to hear that tripe.

Strange comment - tickets are on open sale to anyone who wants one, controlled by the Action Group not the club. Doesn't that mean that the composition of the audience will be a cross section of fans who care enough to want to ask the difficult questions that need to be asked? And those questions therefore will be anything but a tea party for the three people on stage?

If this turns out not to be the case, it suggests one of two things - [a] either there are more "sycophants" out there than people like to suggest, or there are too many people particularly on this messageboard who will say anything about anyone from behind a keyboard and screen but don't actually have the minerals to stand on their feet, show their faces, and make those views known in public and in person to the targets of their online abuse.

Mark, Paul and the rest of the Action Group committee deserve great credit for making this happen, and I'm amazed to be reading some of the most vocal critics of Gary Bowyer, Derek Shaw and Alan Myers already predicting a damp squib and in effect blaming other fans in advance for how the evening turns out.

And by the way Stuart. "Rovers Fans", "Apologists" and now "Sycophants". IMO your own way of posting - regularly - does as much to damage the atmosphere on here than anyone else's, which makes your recent contributions in "Ask Admin" sound incredibly hollow.

A very neat skewering of that particular poster. Not before time.

Well done to the Group for setting this up.

I am no GB fan myself, indeed far from it, but I do recognise we are in a democracy and folk have the right and freedom to have a different opinion to others and to be allowed to,raise a different point-of-view without ridicule.

It is going to be a hard job chairing this meeting but congrats to the Action Group for having the balls to organise it.

BTW: if you pay me a big enough appearance fee I might consider chairing it !!

Best thing to do is for individuals to make a list of questions they would like to ask on the night, then tick them off one by one as they or other attendees ask them. If the opportunity arises then ask your number one question if not already asked.

If the answers are not acceptable say so.

I think it's a brilliant idea. Unfortunately I live too far away now, but I am hoping some testing questions are asked.

I'd love someone to ask about some of the strange tactical decision making we have seen over the last year or 2.

• Backroom

Was Derek Shaw at the club when Edinho Jr started a game in the Premier League, only to then go on loan to Whitehawk FC a team in the sixth tier of English football?

I would love to know what that was all about, not that he would ever tell us the truth anyway...

Despite the organisers twice posting that there will be no pre-submitted questions and the event is open to all, we still get posters bitching about it being carefully vetted etc. Blimey.

Sadly I can't get to it from Scotland but there are plenty of questions I would like to ask each of them:

Shaw: What is the current process and plan for removing an underperforming manager, including the names of the decision maker(s) please. (follow up question) Is this the way a normal football club is run?

Myers: Can you outline your action plan for improving, or indeed creating, the communication between the club's owners and its supporters.

Bowyer: How do you think your managerial performance has improved in the 2/3 years since you became the Rovers manager? In what ways has that manifested itself? Do you agree that the main performance target for the manager of this football club is to win football matches?

Be interesting to see if the more vocal and vociferous on this board decide to turn up.

My guess is that after the event has taken place and the fall out continues, most will be defending their non-attendance with a "What's the point, it wouldn't have changed anything".

Rather like most people's cowardly approach to the protests during the Kean era, funnily enough.

Would have thought that it's positive action and results on the pitch that should be the primary focus after a nightmare start to the 2015/16 season rather than a chitter chatter session with disgruntled supporters.

• Moderation Lead

Would have thought that it's positive action and results on the pitch that should be the primary focus after a nightmare start to the 2015/16 season rather than a chitter chatter session with disgruntled supporters.

It should, but then this is the thread for the 'chitter chatter with disgruntled supporters' :rover:

Ah, classic Tris, classic FF ethos. All out to get personal and undermine the fans who want better. Those who won't just "get behind the lads" - even though they do.

It's about time the FF was disbanded as they have sat back and let the Action Group take all of the flak these last few years. FFS, you lot have a direct line into the club and once again it takes the AG to get everyone in a room to face the music.

Stick to leaks and pies and let others deal with the important stuff.

I've just got a ticket to this. I live in hope Bowyer will be sacked by then so could potentially turn into a q&a with a new manager. Best case scenario. But if he's still here Shaw, bowyer and Myers that's 3 people very fortunate to be in a job so will be interesting to see how they handle questions about that fact. If such questions allowed.

I do hope that there is some way to get this online - live audio or live audio/visual even better, I'd happily pay a Fiver to listen/watch it live.

What attendance is expected?

I note it's being held on Rovers property hosted by the BRFC Action Group, attended by Rovers fans and the panellists are Rovers employees - did the event organisers get good rental terms? Just interested and not making any issue about it, it would just be nice if the Club did offer good terms so that more was available for good causes.

Archived