BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ask Your Questions To Shaw, Myers, Bowyer

pk1875

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fantastic opportunity for the all the posters that are calling for the heads of these three, all day every day, to buy a ticket, come out from behind your PC screens and ask those very questions, in fact it should be sold out already :tu:

I've been to these type of events before at the club, questions from the floor are not usually vetted and i'm sure won't be here.

Exactly my thoughts - all I will say to those posting questions on this thread... buy a ticket & ask in person.

By the sounds of it, it's not vetted like the Radio Lancs one... so anything goes.

I can see this being about as productive as the shabby singh circus, it won't even have the entertainment value that singh brought with those 3 charisma less dullards at centre stage.

Please please please somebody get abbey a seat on the front row, that would be fantastic.

Seconded, Abbey needs to be there, front and centre!

Judging by Facebook comments this will be a sycophants tea party.

Expect plenty of applause.

There's no way they'd risk it without taking some damage limitation steps first. There'll be plants a plenty and the ones who've got cosy with the club will be drum banging the loudest I'd imagine. Self preservation will extend to all sorts of lengths i bet.

Be interesting to see if the more vocal and vociferous on this board decide to turn up.

My guess is that after the event has taken place and the fall out continues, most will be defending their non-attendance with a "What's the point, it wouldn't have changed anything".

Rather like most people's cowardly approach to the protests during the Kean era, funnily enough.

Be interesting to see if the more vocal and vociferous on this board decide to turn up.

My guess is that after the event has taken place and the fall out continues, most will be defending their non-attendance with a "What's the point, it wouldn't have changed anything".

Rather like most people's cowardly approach to the protests during the Kean era, funnily enough.

But it WILL be full of people desperate to be seen as supporting "the club".

The very fact that Bowyer is planning a meeting a month from now speaks volumes.

How can a manager be completely bulletproof and have zero fear of relegation or being held personally responsible for it? How can players be motivated in that kind of environment?

But it WILL be full of people desperate to be seen as supporting "the club".

The very fact that Bowyer is planning a meeting a month from now speaks volumes.

How can a manager be completely bulletproof and have zero fear of relegation or being held personally responsible for it? How can players be motivated in that kind of environment?

Yeh I just posted about that in another thread somewhere. It's such an insufferable feeling to think that no matter what happens, those berks in Pune won't act. I actually think I'd prefer the old managerial bingo that Leeds' chairman was playing last season! At least that keeps things interesting

• Moderation Lead

"When is Ewood going to sell butter pies. This will be the most influential of actions to keep the fans happy."

Get one from Leaver's PB!

Must admit, the peppered steak/balti pies aren't bad at all imo....

Whoever goes needs to submit some bland questions beforehand then when they're on the mic let rip into these charlatans.

There is to be no submitted questions, it is an open floor question and answers, where by those who wish to ask a question, ask it, nobody reads it first, nobody knows what the question is going to be until it leaves the supporters mouth, on the evening as he/she asks it.

Will this be taped for a podcast or something? I´m from Denmark and would love to hear what they have to say

I was in London yesterday for the QPR game, and i am just catching up with my emails etc now, i did however see an email yesterday from Paul, making me aware that dialogue between the group and Kamy has began in terms of Kamy being able to facilitate this on the evening.

I will be responding tho this email tonight, however i will say that the group is aware how wide-spread our supporter base is, and we are aware that those supporters who cannot attend the event shouldn't be excluded in terms of listening to those on the panel, so we will do all we can to ensure that some form of facility is provided to all supporters, irrelevant of location.

Hand picked questions or open floor?...Curly,Larry and Moe need the fear of God putting into them on the night!!!

It is, as it states an open-floor. The supporters in the room will decide the content of questions, nobody else.

Is Paul Wheelock or anyone else connected to the Lancashire Telegraph excluded from this event ?

I have spoken to Paul and he has requested to attend on behalf of the paper, and there is no reason this should not happen.

There is to be no submitted questions, it is an open floor question and answers, where by those who wish to ask a question, ask it, nobody reads it first, nobody knows what the question is going to be until it leaves the supporters mouth, on the evening as he/she asks it.

I was in London yesterday for the QPR game, and i am just catching up with my emails etc now, i did however see an email yesterday from Paul, making me aware that dialogue between the group and Kamy has began in terms of Kamy being able to facilitate this on the evening.

I will be responding tho this email tonight, however i will say that the group is aware how wide-spread our supporter base is, and we are aware that those supporters who cannot attend the event shouldn't be excluded in terms of listening to those on the panel, so we will do all we can to ensure that some form of facility is provided to all supporters, irrelevant of location.

It is, as it states an open-floor. The supporters in the room will decide the content of questions, nobody else.

I have spoken to Paul and he has requested to attend on behalf of the paper, and there is no reason this should not happen.

We managed to get the Legends game streamed so, I'm sure similar techniques could be used there to give a link up.

A question for Gary. The third sink from the left in the Blackburn end toilet is leaking and also one of the cubicle doors is sticking. I rang the DIY man up as he has had 8 attempts to sort these problems out. He said he had given it a right good go and his performance when trying to sort these problems was fantastic. He will work on it though and try to sort it out next time. How do you feel about that, shall we let him have another go, or get someone else in next time? This DIY man seems to keep making the same mistakes!

Seems there's more than just a few, pal. Perhaps it will take relegation itself to convert the final numbers.

Some people will never change, they see it as backing the club through thick and thin, whereas others feel that backing the club means we want to remove real or perceived blocks to that.

Im sure there are different shades within that, and most will be somewhere between the two.

Judging by Facebook comments this will be a sycophants tea party.

Expect plenty of applause.

Strange comment - tickets are on open sale to anyone who wants one, controlled by the Action Group not the club. Doesn't that mean that the composition of the audience will be a cross section of fans who care enough to want to ask the difficult questions that need to be asked? And those questions therefore will be anything but a tea party for the three people on stage?

If this turns out not to be the case, it suggests one of two things - [a] either there are more "sycophants" out there than people like to suggest, or there are too many people particularly on this messageboard who will say anything about anyone from behind a keyboard and screen but don't actually have the minerals to stand on their feet, show their faces, and make those views known in public and in person to the targets of their online abuse.

Mark, Paul and the rest of the Action Group committee deserve great credit for making this happen, and I'm amazed to be reading some of the most vocal critics of Gary Bowyer, Derek Shaw and Alan Myers already predicting a damp squib and in effect blaming other fans in advance for how the evening turns out.

And by the way Stuart. "Rovers Fans", "Apologists" and now "Sycophants". IMO your own way of posting - regularly - does as much to damage the atmosphere on here than anyone else's, which makes your recent contributions in "Ask Admin" sound incredibly hollow.

Archived