BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County @ Ewood Park, 21/10/15

I can't see how the team was "supported throughout" most of the time it was so quiet I could literally hear every word from Bowyer and his individual hand claps. Ewood was like a morgue and i had the distinct feeling this was just numb acceptance.

Apart from a couple of minutes of singing nothing was heard from the BBE and the DE limited itself to deriding Burnley

Meant there were no moans, no boos. God, even the bloke who shouts forward near me had a night off.

The general atmosphere inside the ground is a different point, that went many moons ago.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we didn't set up to draw on paper but that is the overall mentality of the manager, which in turn transmits itself to the players.

We are too happy to settle for a point and when the manager describes a 0-0 draw at home as a "wonderful effort" that really does say it all.

Not brave enough.

It's come to something when a drab 0-0 draw at home to a below par Derby side is seen as some kind of crowning achievement. I guess you had to be there, right? ;)

It was a decent performance against a top 6 side in a season where we need a few more points.

Not read anyone say anything differently.

• Moderation Lead

It's come to something when a drab 0-0 draw at home to a below par Derby side is seen as some kind of crowning achievement. I guess you had to be there, right? ;)

Hardly a crowning achievement, but we lost 3-2 at home to Derby last season and got played off the park for the most part then so it's an improvement on that if nothing else.

It isn't just Bowyer that needs to go, but we knew that already didn't we? Obviously 12 points from 12 games is a poor return in any event.

I think a point at home to Derby has to be taken, yes we had chances to win the game but so did they. Had we have won at MK Dons on Saturday, this point would look a whole lot better than it does. Those are the games I'm disappointed with, Derby will be there or there a bouts come the end of the season and, like I've previously said, came into last nights game on hot form. We went into last night on the back of being walloped at MK Dons who will be in a dogfight this year yet rolled us over so easily.

At times last night we looked good, at others maybe not so, but being was we are at the moment, we have to take everything we can get our hands on........thats just what I think anyway!

• Backroom

We didnt play for a draw at all Martonrover.

We had the best 2 chances of the game.

If anything Derby played for the draw second half.

The best chance of the game fell to Martin when Duffy made a great block and if Ince could control a ball he had a one on one in injury time.

Both teams set out for a point and were happy with it for me.

Maybe some of us need to Change our expectations but if last night is to be seen as an achievement I'm not sure my bar can go so low.

And this is where he can't win -prior to this match many had been saying we would get soundly beaten, the previous match we played 80minutes with only 10 men, fans have constantly moaned we can't keep a clean sheet, and Bowyers tactics are constantly questioned (sometimes rightly so). Last night we had the best of a match against one of the promotion favourites - we kept a clean sheet - and was missing several players through injury. Lets give the guy a little slack - given the circumstances it was a good point and performance.

I agree that the performance was good but at the end of last season Bowyer publicly said that top six would be the minimum requirement for this season. Now he is happy with a home draw. Surely if his goal is to be attained we should be winning home games but to the annoyance of many he is bigging up a 0-0 draw. And let's not forget that we got the same result against one of the relegation favourites only a few weeks ago.

teams can sometimes cancel each other out. Take PSG v Madrid last night for example. I thought we played decent and knoced it around pretty well most of the time. Marshall palyed well as did Taylor (who should have had 2 goals to his name) I did think the ref had a stinker and how Warnock wasnt sent off is beyond me. Also Chris Martin catching the ball as he though he was fouled. Thats deliberate handball and should have been a yellow in itself.

• Moderation Lead

I thought Taylor had a lot of endeavour and was industrious as he usually is, but he was just a bit off the pace, which given his lengthly absence was to be expected.

Respectable point horrifically boring to the point where I don't recall anything happening at all

sounds like exactly the kind of match that put me off buying this year's season ticket. I know you get them occasionally. Let's just hope it doesn't become standard this year as I was just beginning to think I might come back to watch some matches

sounds like exactly the kind of match that put me off buying this year's season ticket. I know you get them occasionally. Let's just hope it doesn't become standard this year as I was just beginning to think I might come back to watch some matches

Gumboots, it was most definitely not typical of last seasons matches. 'Turgid' describes a lot of those games last year - even when we won.

Derby are more than a decent team. The crowd were upbeat at the end. No boos. Remember those? Taylor got a massive standing ovation when he went off. As did Stephen Warnock. Great gesture by the home fans. The atmosphere has changed. So has the mentality of the team.

Make your own mind up. Choose a game to attend. You might be surprised.

For a game of few chances I thought it was at least entertaining.

Steele - 6 - One good save from Ince, but largely a spectator. Did anyone else notice he wore our away strip? Ref in Yellow, Carson in Green.

Marshall - 7 - Best game from him this season, made more direct runs from RB than he usually does from RM. He'll be further up on Saturday when Henley returns.

Duffy - 6 - Marshaled the defence well with Hanley, his heading is still a little suspect though. Should do better at attacking set pieces

Hanley - 6 - Loved the tussle with fellow Scot Chris Martin. A couple of lapses, but a solid performance

Olsson - 6 - Dealt well with Tom Ince after looking a little nervy in the first 30 minutes, some nice crosses.

Taylor - 7 - Pity the chances all seemed to fall to him, and early in the game. Looked a little rusty, but his work rate and tenacity is a welcome sight anywhere in the team.

Akpan - 6 - Quietly effective again from the big man, really do like the look of him.

Evans - 6 - Another industrious display, will be interesting to see where Guthrie fits in when hes back fit.

Delfouneso - 6 - Pace a welcome sight, final ball let him down a couple of times, but best game in a Rovers shirt. Helped Olsson defensively too.

Lawrence - 7 - Another selfless performance, some nice touches, got stuck in when he had to. Quickly becoming a key cog in the machine.

Rhodes - 6 - Starved of service and never had a sight of goal, but defended well from the front.

O'Sullivan - 5 - Not long to show what he could do, but some nice touches

Williamson - 5 - Like O'Sullivan didnt have long to make an impact, gave the ball away a couple of times, but some nice interceptions too.

Spurr - 5 - On in stoppage time, don't think he touched the ball!

The best chance of the game fell to Martin when Duffy made a great block and if Ince could control a ball he had a one on one in injury time.

Both teams set out for a point and were happy with it for me.

Maybe some of us need to Change our expectations but if last night is to be seen as an achievement I'm not sure my bar can go so low.

Wasn't it Russell not Martin?

Taylor has 2 great chances and Evans with 1. All didnt manage to hit the target when they should have done.

Plus I have said already that I was very disappointed was our set pieces all night.

But I'm pleased with the overall performance from the players.

Akpan looks a good signing. Evsns looked good and back to best. Delfouneso had his best game and his pace is needed. Plus try things with abit of skills even tho they didnt always come off for him.

• Backroom

It's always like this before the Burnley game though all the focus in the stands for the singing seemed to be on them rather than the game last night

Aye, that's because the few who still turn up are mostly the 'super fans' or are just going for something to do.

I was ill so couldn't attend but listening on the radio it sounded like a reserve fixture.

Setting up to draw at home won't be enticing folk to return any time soon.

The bleating about money is getting boring. Look at the job Gary Rowett is doing at Birmingham on a shoestring.

Bowyer's mentality is entirely wrong and he continues to take us slowly backwards.

Nearly November, seventeenth in the league and only won two games.

Smile and clap everyone.

Spot on.

Think Bowyer's brother was sat close to me - he said on at least three occasions, 'he's doing a good job Bowyer'. Initially, I thought it was sarcasm before realising the guy was deadly serious. How delusional some are.

Instantly forgettable, one of the most tedious games of football ever witnessed.

In fact the only, what might be described as exciting moment, when Johnson did something to Hope, I missed! I was just having a little snooze and was woken to such a start with raised voices for the first time all night.

Sean Dick was there on a spying mission, no doubt assessing GB's tactics, what he no doubt failed to reckon is the effect Mr Motivator will have on our brave lads on Saturday.

Ps - I wish I had responded to the obscure text emanating from the far east and had 50p on a nil-nil draw!

• Moderation Lead

Quite funny that after seeing them play Wolves on Sunday, everyone was expecting us to get turned over by Derby last night, but we didn't, we certainly deserve some credit for that for stifling them.

Or not apparently.....

Quite funny that after seeing them play Wolves on Sunday, everyone was expecting us to get turned over by Derby last night, but we didn't, we certainly deserve some credit for that for stifling them.

Or not apparently.....

Apparently we have some divine right to murder them four nil :rover:

With due respect Parson, I hate the money excuse. Hughesy assembled a brilliant side for under £10m while many PL sides spend £50m in a single summer on @#/?.

Money is not a barometer for quality at any level.

If that were true the likes of City, Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal wouldn't dominate the top four placed every season. Money talks at every level. As John Williams always said the wage bill was often a reflection of the final League placing.

• Moderation Lead

Don't disagree with Chaddy Den. It's not allowed.

That simply isn't true Al. People can disagree with whoever they like, they can also use the ignore feature if people bother them so much.

Whilst I still think we should be having a right good go at everyone at home we'd have probably lost that last season even with Derby being far less fluent than they used to be. We seem a bit more resolute if nothing else and the fact Akpan is in midfield and it rubs off on Evans helps a lot imo.

Take Conway out of the side though and we'll always struggle, we have one supply line and one finisher and that's it although used correctly Taylor may pinch a few goals.

If that were true the likes of City, Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal wouldn't dominate the top four placed every season. Money talks at every level. As John Williams always said the wage bill was often a reflection of the final League placing.

Let's be honest, in terms of wages, I can't think of a Championship club better resourced than Rovers over the last three seasons.

Additionally, last season we had a 40+ goal partnership.

All this tells you just how badly Bowyer and his staff have performed. Hasn't Bowyer signed almost 40 players under his tenure ?

Archived