BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County @ Ewood Park, 21/10/15

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point for us. Pleased with clean sheet. 4th in a row at home. Tonight tactics were spot on. Couldnt allowed them space in between midfield and strikers.

Played well tonight and little disappointed we didnt take our chances. Evans and Taylor with them. Also thought O'Sullivan had scored when his shot took a deflection.

Felted defensively we were very good and I cant remember Steele having a save to make in the game.

Thought Evans was motm in my view. Lawrence and Taylor played well also.

Marshall had a good game aswell at right back.

Very surprise with Derby tbh. Thought they would come out all guns blazing.

OK, I'll give those that didn't go the truth.

To a man, we were crap Chaddy. I don't think there was a quality player on either side.

Sorry, but if there's something being built here, it's passing me by.

• Backroom

I was pleased with Defouneso tonight, my MOTM. His workrate and trickery caused Derby a few problems and worked well with Olsson.

Would be happy for him to play against Burnley if Conway isn't fit.

• Backroom

I can't agree that the tactics were spot on when we very very rarely threatened.

The game was there for the taking for either team but nobody went for it.

I actually came away from Ewood believing we played quite well, and had it not been for the terrible result at MK, would have been happy with a point. Some positive performances.

I read tom m slating Marshall above - I disagree. I slagged him off on Saturday but tonight I thought was his best game all season. Stuck to his task at the back and got forward well - only criticism was his crossing could have been better.

I can't really fault anybody tonight. Thought Taylor had a good game particularly considering he has been out all season. Evans was good again. Olson good. Delfounso caused problems and worked hard. Centre halves solid.

So on one hand a decent point against a team who will undoubtedly be up there and 4th clean sheet in a row at home.

On the other hand 2 wins out of 12 is pathetic, and a point is no good after that debacle on Saturday against MK, who incidentally got stuffed last night.

OK, I'll give those that didn't go the truth.

To a man, we were crap Chaddy. I don't think there was a quality player on either side.

Sorry, but if there's something being built here, it's passing me by.

Well I'm sorry if thats your opinion but I disagree totally.

If you think we were crap than I suggest you were watching a completely different game.

Well I'm sorry if thats your opinion but I disagree totally.

If you think we were crap than I suggest you were watching a completely different game.

It was a total bore fest Chaddy. A lot of hoof ball, a lot of misplaced passes and next to nothing created. What was good about it?

We've won two games this season. We've failed to win on ten occasions. There's nothing about us. I don't like saying it, but there's a reason why were where we are. I want to be up there with the better teams - not that they're great, but this current group of players won't do that IMO.

It was a total bore fest Chaddy. A lot of hoof ball, a lot of misplaced passes and next to nothing created. What was good about it?

Couldn't sum it up better myself. The lack of technical ability was awful. Every set piece flicked off Duffys head straight out of play.

It was summed up when Lawrence tried to clear it and just booted it into his own face.

• Backroom

I felt we were good value for our point. Delf frustrated me tonight because he played brilliantly but refused to release key passes at opportune moments!

Duffy and Hanley were solid, Olsson did well, as did Evans centrally. Felt the O'Sullivan should've been on earlier to try and drive forward. Lawrence is sublime and full of drive, cracking player.

Their keeper had 2 saves, ours had none to make.

Felt that ref lost it tonight. Should've been a red card for the off-the-ball handbags, but he tried making up for it by booking every little shove and letting go some quite nasty tackles at times.

• Backroom

When Delfouneso is being lauded as one of the best players on the pitch you know the rest weren't up to much!

From the sounds of it Derby should be a lot more disappointed than us. Doesn't seem like they turned up tonight, which is strange when a win would have put them 3rd.

I felt we were good value for our point. Delf frustrated me tonight because he played brilliantly but refused to release key passes at opportune moments!

Duffy and Hanley were solid, Olsson did well, as did Evans centrally. Felt the O'Sullivan should've been on earlier to try and drive forward. Lawrence is sublime and full of drive, cracking player.

Their keeper had 2 saves, ours had none to make.

Felt that ref lost it tonight. Should've been a red card for the off-the-ball handbags, but he tried making up for it by booking every little shove and letting go some quite nasty tackles at times.

Can only assume that you and a couple of others went off early for your half time cuppa !

Steele saved excellently in the 36th minute from an Ince scorcher.

When Delfouneso is being lauded as one of the best players on the pitch you know the rest weren't up to much!

From the sounds of it Derby should be a lot more disappointed than us. Doesn't seem like they turned up tonight, which is strange when a win would have put them 3rd.

Derby were no better than us DE. No threat from them whatsoever.

Not a Delfounseo fan but in fairness he looked sharp and pacey tonight with some decent trickery. Problem was that his final product was lacking.

After watching Derby demolish Wolves, I really thought they'd be at it tonight. Far too cautious and pedestrian like though both Russell and Ince carried a threat but, fortunately for Rovers, didn't get enough service.

Hoof ball? Clearly you didnt see us pass it from the back to front and plenty movement and around 25 passes. Thats was around 29 minute mark. we did play some long balls not I would say NOT alot of.

How good we were defensively. Marshall and Olsson got forward aswell. Hanley and Duffy looked like partnership tonight. Kept Bent and Martin quiet.

Lawrence's skill and movement is a joy to watch.

Evans, Akpan and Taylor all played well in the centre midfield battle.

Our set pieces were poor and we didnt created one chance at all tho. Disappointed by this

Came away from Ewood tonight feeling more positive than I did after certain wins last season but that were awful games and performances (Rotherham and Birmingham spring to mind).

I thought every player put a solid shift in, Marshall included who I've criticised quite a bit for a while now. We're so much better off with Akpan and Evans in the middle than certain others (we're not conceding at home anymore, desperately hope that continues on Saturday). Delfouneso surprised me with his good performance on the wing, although a Conway cross or a set piece could have made the difference tonight so hope he's back for the weekend.

BUT we've won 2 out of 13 in all competitions, which is pretty awful tbh and we need to spring some wins together sharpish.

• Backroom

Derby were no better than us DE. No threat from them whatsoever.

Derby had a poor start to the season but had picked up recently, I think they would have hoped to get all three from this one. Sounds like we got the lesser Derby tonight, fortunately.

Not a Delfounseo fan but in fairness he looked sharp and pacey tonight with some decent trickery. Problem was that his final product was lacking.

Final product definitely does seem to be the biggest issue for Delfouneso. Whenever I've seen him play he's not been afraid to run at players, although I wouldn't normally call him a tricky player! It's nice to have a player who's willing to run at players, but with Conway out we need the likes of Lawrence, Delfouneso and Marshall to step up and either start scoring goals or supplying Rhodes.

Rhodes has been the only player who's scored in our last four games (we've fired blanks in the last two), and if Lawrence hadn't scored against Charlton it'd be five. When are the others planning to chip in? Any time in the near future would be good.

• Backroom

Yeah Delfounso beat his man a few times really well but we either had nobody in the box or he chose the wrong time to release, his nutmeg early second half was sublime.

I hope we can keep Lawrence for me he's a better player than Cairney was for us.

We desperately need Akpan or Guthrie back for Saturday.

Archived