BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County @ Ewood Park, 21/10/15

• Backroom

It actually reminded me of the game against united where a point would win them the league and just about keep us up, both teams decided that a point was acceptable and didn't do anything to try and ruin that.

- Akpan had one of his worst games for us but feel he is huge for us, given us a bit of bite

- Marshall has turned into an all round poor footballer

- Olsson looked decent and him and Delfounso tried to make things happen

- Taylor as always worked hard but his body gave out after an hour

- Rhodes may as well have stayed at gone such was his service and thus his impact

Still 1 point is better than none and you could tell the focus for the fans was what is to come Saturday

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've gone out there tonight to practise a 'don't lose' plan for Saturday rather than lets try and get a win imo. Last season and the one before I'd be going bonkers about that but I've a feeling this season every single point is going to be of massive importance.

For once I can perhaps understand Mr cautious bottling it and at least we are learning to keep clean sheets at home. He's usually easily outfoxed tactically by these type of managers but we managed to counter Clements stuff tonight. This season is clearly just about doing enough to stay up and the uninterested owners will now just leave this lot to it no matter what so it's all about drawing with the scruff now, er...sorry i mean beating them.

It actually reminded me of the game against united where a point would win them the league and just about keep us up, both teams decided that a point was acceptable and didn't do anything to try and ruin that.

- Akpan had one of his worst games for us but feel he is huge for us

- Marshall has turned into an all round poor footballer

- Olsson looked decent and him and Delfounso tried to make things happen

- Taylor as always worked hard but his body gave out after an hour

- Rhodes may as well have stayed at gone such was his service and thus his impact

Still 1 point is better than none and you could tell the focus for the fans was what is to come Saturday

Spot on. With half an hour to go, it did look like both teams were happy with what they had.

I think you're right about Marshall, for some reason he doesn't look the player he was 12 months ago. And Akpan, yes wasn't outstanding tonight, but does the job in that midfield that Williamson can only dream of.

Very, very bored tonight. Neither team did anything to deserve a win.

What interested me was Bowyer. It was so quiet we could hear him coaching the players, calling them in to position, telling them where to move to. A few weeks ago someone remarked about Bowyer being a youth coach - that's right, he is. The players were being treated like kids and based on the performance are not allowed to do anything other than exactly what the manager says.

I expect a defeat on Saturday.

Its a good point against a one of the favorites to win the league, and if Taylor had scored that header early on we could have won.

You only had to look at the 2 benches to know that one team is looking for promotion and one team is looking at survival.

But all in all no injuries, a good point and sets us up nicely for Saturday.

With a natural right back on the bench I would have put money on Nyambe coming on for Marshall in stoppage time. Bowyer brings Spurr on who is a natural left back. What was the point of Nyambe on bench? I will never understand some of Bowyers decisions.

Defensively we were fine but as has been said many times before we only really have one option when it comes to scoring goals. Olsson was our best player I felt tonight, he must have got over his illness which forced him off in the 89th minute at MK Dons. Akpan and Evans looked good and offer me some hope for Saturday (if fit).

Think a draw was a fair result tonight. Rovers good value for their point.

First half was pretty uneventful and neither keeper had a save to make until the 36th minute when Steele saved well from Ince. Unfortunately, Rovers' best two chances in the first half fell to Taylor who missed woefully with a header and then a shot. Derby fans no doubt would be disappointed with their first half performance where they looked in the main lethargic and complacent, showing no real urgency. Rovers enjoyed some good possession without really threatening.

Second half showed Derby show a bit more urgency but Rovers competed well. Last 20 minutes was a real struggle for Evans and Akpan (subbed) who both looked out on their feet.

Delfy looked surprisingly sharp and tricky whilst you always felt Lawrence carried a threat. Disappointed with the way Rhodes threw himself to the floor on at least two occasions trying to get an opponent booked. We also look too one dimensional at set pieces with Duffy always the target - a bit more imagination needed.

A good point but just 2 wins in 13 games tells a story - win % of just15%.

Heard tonight that Rovers unsuccessfully in for a Chelsea loan defender but are talking to West Ham about a possible loan.

A decent point against a decent side (on paper) with a couple of key players out.

We really are going to have to start picking up 'unlikely' wins rather than settling for a draw because someone decided it was a good team. Anyone can beat anyone in this league and we need to exploit that.

A bit of a yawn fest, with some silly yellow cards and a very very poor referee. On a dreary night a goal was needed but not to be. Bowyer will be delirious of course.

An observation: strategy vs cavalry. Our attacking ethos amounts to everyone really 'going for it' towards the end of a game to gloss over the number of times that we play the ball forward and have no attacking options once it's there. Accepting that we had players out, the abilities of our squad are not exploited with just one up front. We would very much benefit from an attacking philosophy. People say that there is nobody out there that we could attract who could do that. But then what right did Bumley have to stumble upon Dyche? At the time they were in last chance saloon with the remnants of the parachute payments left - but they showed a bit of ambition and it paid dividends.

Didn't akpan go off injured..? Isn't Conway injured? Isn't koita injured? Isn't gutherie injured?

If you didn't spend so much time on claretsmad you'd know the answer to all those questions.

Dull game. Felt both teams were playing for a point with both choosing to keep possession rather than look to attack. Felt sorry for Rhodes who spent most of his game closing down the tedious passing across the Derby backline or chasing Duffy's speciality hoofs. When he got the ball to feet he looked alright. Would like to see what caused Akpan to go down after the handbags with one of the opposition. Possible playacting which would be disappointing.

Happy with the point in isolation but we need to get some wins on board. I'd love Saturday to be the day we grab one but I see another draw.

Good point for us. Pleased with clean sheet. 4th in a row at home. Tonight tactics were spot on. Couldnt allowed them space in between midfield and strikers.

Played well tonight and little disappointed we didnt take our chances. Evans and Taylor with them. Also thought O'Sullivan had scored when his shot took a deflection.

Felted defensively we were very good and I cant remember Steele having a save to make in the game.

Thought Evans was motm in my view. Lawrence and Taylor played well also.

Marshall had a good game aswell at right back.

Very surprise with Derby tbh. Thought they would come out all guns blazing.

Good point for us. Pleased with clean sheet. 4th in a row at home. Tonight tactics were spot on. Couldnt allowed them space in between midfield and strikers.

Played well tonight and little disappointed we didnt take our chances. Evans and Taylor with them. Also thought O'Sullivan had scored when his shot took a deflection.

Felted defensively we were very good and I cant remember Steele having a save to make in the game.

Thought Evans was motm in my view. Lawrence and Taylor played well also.

Marshall had a good game aswell at right back.

Very surprise with Derby tbh. Thought they would come out all guns blazing.

If the tactics were spot on I feel we'd have threatened more (perhaps I'm being pedantic). Understand where you're coming from though. A good defensive performance but I too was surprised by Derby's lack of urgency. I felt we didn't provide enough for Rhodes.

I think I'd have taken a point before the game so can't complain too much

Archived