BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County @ Ewood Park, 21/10/15

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest, in terms of wages, I can't think of a Championship club better resourced than Rovers over the last three seasons.

Additionally, last season we had a 40+ goal partnership.

All this tells you just how badly Bowyer and his staff have performed. Hasn't Bowyer signed almost 40 players under his tenure ?

The likes of Murphy, Etuhu, etc weren't signed by Bowyer. Bowyer has had to pick up the mess left by others and is now having to sign free transfer players with a restriction on the wages. So, no, I don't believe that given the circumstances that Bowyer and his staff have performed badly. I've always believed that this would be a slow rebuild and so it is likely to prove. You only have to look at Bolton - who have gone through a similiar experience - to see that we are not unique in this. Coyle, Freedman and Lennon have all tried and failed to revive them so clearly switching the manager is no gurantee of success.

Let's be honest, in terms of wages, I can't think of a Championship club better resourced than Rovers over the last three seasons.

Additionally, last season we had a 40+ goal partnership.

All this tells you just how badly Bowyer and his staff have performed. Hasn't Bowyer signed almost 40 players under his tenure ?

Wages muddy the waters though Mercer and you probably know that.

Look at Derbys bench last night and that tells you all you need to know about where Derby are looking to finish and where we're looking to finish.

Money talks as Parson says, and we're a mid table championship side at best under an embargo.

Some people are never happy! Everyone was expecting us to get mullered last night and we didn't, we stifled their play and came out of it with a point. Judging by the comments prior to the game, I think most on here would've taken a point before kick-off so lets at least take that as a bit of a positive.

Every week, after a home game, all the comments are along the lines of how poor the opposition were, Charlton were really poor, Ipswich were really poor, Derby were really poor - does that mean every team we play at Ewood just happens to have an off day? I think we may be doing our lads a bit of disservice here.

On last night's game, yes, it wasn't the best to watch although I think with Conway on the pitch we might have nicked it. he was the biggest loss for me last night. I can't think of a single set piece which went to a Rovers player! Corners and free-kicks were woeful.

For me, we have to tie Lawrence up til the end of the season if we can't do anything permanent, I really like the look of this lad, and he seems to be improving with getting more game time. Delfy looked good in patches but his end product is sadly lacking.

We could've done with one of the chances which fell to Taylor & Evans falling to JR, but we shouldn't have to say that, these lads should be more than capable of chipping in with a few goals when given the opportunities.

Overall I was pleased with how resolute we were but a little disappointed we didn't make the most of the few chances we did get. Was it a classic? No, but for me it was a point which was gained through graft, something we haven't seen in the last two or three years.

And finally - the ref!! How did Derby finish that game with 11 men let alone fewer yellow cards than us! Johnson's late challenge on Evans was as clear a booking as you'll ever see yet the ref bottled showing him a second yellow. Likewise Keogh had more than enough nibbles at Rhodes to warrant a second yellow.

Edit: spelling

Some people are never happy! Everyone was expecting us to get mullered last night and we didn't, we stifled their play and came out of it with a point. Judging by the comments prior to the game, I think most on here would've taken a point before kick-off so lets at least take that as a bit of a positive.

It all depends on context. If Derby were on top of their game and we managed to grind out a point, then fair enough, but from the sounds of it they weren't at the races and the game was ours for the taking.

That simply isn't true Al. People can disagree with whoever they like, they can also use the ignore feature if people bother them so much.

Sorry K-Hod but whenever somebody disagrees with the angelic Chaddy, somebody, often GAV, leaps in to defend him. It becomes tedious. Chaddy is not a child he just has a poor grasp of English (not his fault I agree).

Sorry K-Hod but whenever somebody disagrees with the angelic Chaddy, somebody, often GAV, leaps in to defend him. It becomes tedious. Chaddy is not a child he just has a poor grasp of English (not his fault I agree).

I've not backed up Chaddy for months, but last night he was berated for having an opinion and thats not right.

I've not backed up Chaddy for months, but last night he was berated for having an opinion and thats not right.

No he wasn't. People just did not agree with him and his permanent defence of Bowyer and all things Rovers. He is not easy to agree with and it is not wrong to say so.

Wages muddy the waters though Mercer and you probably know that.

Look at Derbys bench last night and that tells you all you need to know about where Derby are looking to finish and where we're looking to finish.

Money talks as Parson says, and we're a mid table championship side at best under an embargo.

It would be interesting to know what Bournemouth's wage bill was last season. We had a massive wage bill when we first dropped into the Championship but a poor manager so the wage bill doesn't guarantee anything. You need the right people in the right places. And frankly we don't.

No he wasn't. People just did not agree with him and his permanent defence of Bowyer and all things Rovers. He is not easy to agree with and it is not wrong to say so.

Its his opinion and I for one welcome it.

The interesting thing was that plenty agreed with him actually Al.

It all depends on context. If Derby were on top of their game and we managed to grind out a point, then fair enough, but from the sounds of it they weren't at the races and the game was ours for the taking.

How many times this season have we taken either a point or nothing out of games where, in the context of the game, we should've had more? QPR, Fulham, Hull, Cardiff and Bolton? Now take Bolton and Cardiff out of those and there's 3 very good sides there, include Derby last night where on another day we may have beaten them, but you have to take what you can out of games like that. I am not disappointed in a point last night, not in the slightest. Granted, Bolton at home, Cardiff at home, MK Dons away, Huddlesfield away, we should be winning those games. Apologies if I sound like a broken record, but I feel the disappointment of not getting 3 points last night is more than just the context of how the game went, but more because we haven't picked up 3 points in games we really should've done.

• Backroom

When you've only got 2 wins out of 12 league games, draws at home aren't really enough regardless of the opposition. Our pathetic start to the season has given us a mountain to climb very early on. The only small consolation is that the sides below us have all suffered similarly awful starts and don't have a 20+ goal a season striker to call upon.

It would be interesting to know what Bournemouth's wage bill was last season. We had a massive wage bill when we first dropped into the Championship but a poor manager so the wage bill doesn't guarantee anything. You need the right people in the right places. And frankly we don't.

Brighton, Birmingham and Reading - all doing well in yet none of them big spenders, so what's the common denominator?

A decent manager.

It sticks in the throat that Bowyer has successfully instilled this 'We can't expect to compete' attitude into the minds of many.

In the days before Uncle Jack when we were poor I cannot remember any of our managers bleating on about lack of finances.

A 0-0 home bore draw and seventeenth in the league is now being lauded.

Strewth.

Its his opinion and for one welcome it.

The interesting thing was that plenty agreed with him actually Al.

I used to think Chaddy was a WUM who played on this persona and enjoyed watching everybody lose their @#/? at him.

I met him at the Q+A. He had no idea who I was. He truthfully is the person that he posts as on here, he really is that positive.

We seem to have dropped Ipswich this season as the yardstick and replaced them with Birmingham for the sake of argument :rock:

Throw Bournemouth into that, I'll add Wimbledon under Dave Basset, and we can all moan and groan that a club under embargo, thats been decimated over the past 5yrs by mismanagement and alleged criminality isn't running away with the league :wacko:

Where was he berated, GAV?

Stop acting like you run this place.

If I ran this place you'd be having 30 days off for a starter, calling Parson post "An insult to fans", you've more front than Blackpool, i'd give you time to think about that.

• Moderation Lead

We seem to have dropped Ipswich this season as the yardstick and replaced them with Birmingham for the sake of argument :rock:

Throw Bournemouth into that, I'll add Wimbledon under Dave Basset, and we can all moan and groan that a club under embargo, thats been decimated over the past 5yrs by mismanagement and alleged criminality isn't running away with the league :wacko:

In any case they're both above us in the league aren't they? Speaking of criminality, Birmingham's owner is in prison, and they can't even offer a player £10k a week, but they're second!

I think my second paragraph makes my point on that. Is it not that we are stopping teams from playing? The last few home games we've all been saying how poor the opposition were, is this really the case or are we actually doing something right by stifling the other side?

• Backroom

In any case they're both above us in the league aren't they? Speaking of criminality, Birmingham's owner is in prison, and they can't even offer a player £10k a week, but they're second!

At some point the excuses for Bowyer have to stop. I don't know how low his win % is going to have to go before that happens. Single figures?

If I ran this place you'd be having 30 days off for a starter,

Ah, so you'd ban me based on your personal feelings. Good job you aren't a mod then, isn't it?

calling Parson post "An insult to fans"

I never said that. If you're gonna quote me, at least do it right. And notice that I said his post was an insult, not the man himself.

The likes of Murphy, Etuhu, etc weren't signed by Bowyer. Bowyer has had to pick up the mess left by others and is now having to sign free transfer players with a restriction on the wages. So, no, I don't believe that given the circumstances that Bowyer and his staff have performed badly. I've always believed that this would be a slow rebuild and so it is likely to prove. You only have to look at Bolton - who have gone through a similiar experience - to see that we are not unique in this. Coyle, Freedman and Lennon have all tried and failed to revive them so clearly switching the manager is no gurantee of success.

Yes, Bowyer inherited a difficult situation but he's paid a fortune by supporters' standards to sort the bloody mess out and if he can't he should be off.

In three years, IMV, Bowyer has offered a copious band of ever growing excuses but no solutions.

We aren't progressing but getting worse. The facts don't lie. We have never seriously threatened the top six despite last season having a 40+ goal strike partnership which would be the envy of virtually every Championship manager.

In Bowyer's first full season, we finished 8th with 70 points, 2 points off the play-offs (3 points if you factor in our inferior goal difference).

In Bowyer's second full season, we finished 9th with 67 points, 11 points off the play-offs.

This season, with 12 games gone, we average a point a game with just 2 wins and even at this stage, I would suggest we haven't a cat in hells chance of reaching the play-offs where 78 points were needed last season and the way the table is shaping up, it will almost certainly be no less this season.

Look at Rowett at Brum. That was a mess he inherited. No excuses, no whingeing, he's done a remarkable job and his complaint is that he can't even afford to pay a player £10k a week !

Good management is about getting the very best from your available resources and Bowyer, IMV, has singularly failed to achieve this with both players he inherited and those he himself has brought to the club.

I think the club is regressing rapidly and, IMV, in no small part due to Bowyer's poor management and inadequacies coupled with his dumbing down of our football structure from top to bottom. Jobs for 'the boys' I think - recruit key staff from Carlisle and that's where you will end up.

IMV, time to stop this Bowyer 'love-in' from some when our club is dying on its feet.

A whirl wind of fresh air, positivity, hope and optimism is needed at Brockhall and Ewood.

We need a Klopp like figure who is hungry, dynamic, positive, charismatic and tactically gifted - IMV, everything Bowyer isn't. They are out there waiting to be discovered. Mourinho, Klopp and Rowett all started somewhere

If that were true the likes of City, Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal wouldn't dominate the top four placed every season. Money talks at every level. As John Williams always said the wage bill was often a reflection of the final League placing.

Very true. Rovers wages will easily be top 10 (if not higher). Shame Bowyer isn't judged on that.

Ah, so you'd ban me based on your personal feelings. Good job you aren't a mod then, isn't it?

I never said that. If you're gonna quote me, at least do it right. And notice that I said his post was an insult, not the man himself.

Yes, Bowyer inherited a difficult situation but he's paid a fortune by supporters' standards to sort the bloody mess out and if he can't he should be off.

In three years, IMV, Bowyer has offered a copious band of ever growing excuses but no solutions.

We aren't progressing but getting worse. The facts don't lie. We have never seriously threatened the top six despite last season having a 40+ goal strike partnership which would be the envy of virtually every Championship manager.

In Bowyer's first full season, we finished 8th with 70 points, 2 points off the play-offs (3 points if you factor in our inferior goal difference).

In Bowyer's second full season, we finished 9th with 67 points, 11 points off the play-offs.

This season, with 12 games gone, we average a point a game with just 2 wins and even at this stage, I would suggest we haven't a cat in hells chance of reaching the play-offs where 78 points were needed last season and the way the table is shaping up, it will almost certainly be no less this season.

Look at Rowett at Brum. That was a mess he inherited. No excuses, no whingeing, he's done a remarkable job and his complaint is that he can't even afford to pay a player £10k a week !

Good management is about getting the very best from your available resources and Bowyer, IMV, has singularly failed to achieve this with both players he inherited and those he himself has brought to the club.

I think the club is regressing backwards rapidly and, IMV, in no small part due to Bowyer's poor management and inadequacies coupled with his dumbing down of our football structure from top to bottom. Jobs for 'the boys' I think - recruit key staff from Carlisle and that's where you will end up.

IMV, time to stop this Bowyer 'love-in' from some when our club is dying on its feet.

A whirl wind of fresh air, positivity, hope and optimism is needed at Brockhall and Ewood.

We need a Klopp like figure who is hungry, dynamic, positive, charismatic and tactically gifted - IMV, everything Bowyer isn't. They are out there waiting to be discovered. Mourinho, Klopp and Rowett all started somewhere.

We need a Klopp

We have Krap

Archived