BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnlee Preview

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've got 'limited' numbers left, take your pick if that's 100 or 1000.

Think they've sold the lower tier (well, they've sold the part of the lower tier they got with segregation etc).

Not that we can talk too much about empty seats given our last following at Turf Moor...

I can't call this one. One minute I'm saying Rhodes 3-0, the next I worry Andre Gray will be too much for our defence.

Will probably revert back to the customary 1-1 draw between the two sides now!

The novelty of a 6 hour operation to watch a game 10 miles way has completetly worn off, so It's pretty obvious why we would only take 2500 to Burnley, yet 3/4000 each year to Wigan, the 4000 sell out at in a few days at Bolton last season etc.

The novelty of a 6 hour operation to watch a game 10 miles way has completetly worn off, so It's pretty obvious why we would only take 2500 to Burnley, yet 3/4000 each year to Wigan, the 4000 sell out at in a few days at Bolton last season etc.

Oh it's certainly unsurprising.

Can imagine Preston will be the biggest away following of the season.

Whilst the travel restrictions are an absolute nightmare for both sets of fans I'd wager it's a far more pleasant experience being herded into Ewood an hour and a half before kick off than it is at that shed. Far more room and far better, cleaner modern facilities, oh and the bogs are bigger and that usually occupies them till they've reduced them to rubble.

Last time wasn't as bad because of the lesser numbers but previous visits being shoe horned into that place it's amazing no one got hurt or something, bloody death trap. Flies in the face of supposedly making these games safe for visiting fans.

My brother told me today that his Burnley supporting mate is coming on Saturday and the coaches will be leaving Burnley at 11 am which I was surprised at given the official Rovers transport to Preston is picking up at Ewood at 1 pm.

I wonder if this is the start of the scaling down of the security measures we have seen for the last few visits.

My brother told me today that his Burnley supporting mate is coming on Saturday and the coaches will be leaving Burnley at 11 am which I was surprised at given the official Rovers transport to Preston is picking up at Ewood at 1 pm.

I wonder if this is the start of the scaling down of the security measures we have seen for the last few visits.

Let's hope so.

Remember once waiting on the coach for 2 hours until it finally set off. We were told to arrive at a daft time and frustratingly were one of the last coaches to leave!

To add insult to injury we crawled about 20mph most of the way there. Total overkill.

They finally seem to be easing the restrictions a bit but still not the best.

Think they've sold the lower tier (well, they've sold the part of the lower tier they got with segregation etc).

Not that we can talk too much about empty seats given our last following at Turf Moor...

I can't call this one. One minute I'm saying Rhodes 3-0, the next I worry Andre Gray will be too much for our defence.

Will probably revert back to the customary 1-1 draw between the two sides now!

Rhodes, on his day, is head and shoulders above Gray.....however, like you say, Gray is against our back four, he could have a field day

Rhodes, on his day, is head and shoulders above Gray.....however, like you say, Gray is against our back four, he could have a field day

Agreed. But I worry about Hanley and Duffy against pace.

Just read on Facebook that Evans is suspended on Saturday after his yellow tonight. Any confirmation of this or is it Facebook rubbish?

If it is true it's a massive blow.

Wheelock said on twitter he's fine for Saturday. Anything but a defeat please god, sad how we used to go into these games in the recent past expecting a win. Loved it when we did the double over them in the prem, I'd take a passionate 0-0 draw but you never know on derby day! Big performance please lads. Hope we see a late surge of people getting tickets as well, when Rhodes put us 1-0 up the last time we played them at ewood the atmosphere was electric and a nice reminder of our premiership days. Live for these games, come on rovers!!

• Moderation Lead

Not sure if it's just me, but it seems to be the least anticipated derby game in years. I think it was madon that mentioned social media has been very quiet and he's bang on the money. The dingles are usually obsessed but not a peep this time around ahead of the game.

In all honesty though, whilst they weren't fully at the races, we kept a Derby side at bay that on paper have a far better squad than Burnley. Nothing to fear from them, so long as we compete and we 'get into 'em'. (Sorry).

Not sure if it's just me, but it seems to be the least anticipated derby game in years. I think it was madon that mentioned social media has been very quiet and he's bang on the money. The dingles are usually obsessed but not a peep this time around ahead of the game.

In all honesty though, whilst they weren't fully at the races, we kept a Derby side at bay that on paper have a far better squad than Burnley. Nothing to fear from them, so long as we compete and we 'get into 'em'. (Sorry).

Completely agree, there absolutely no reason why we cannot win the game on Saturday. The emphasis on maintain our unbeaten record is behind us, Bowyer has to get the lads bang up for it. There is a noticeable change in the build up from Clarets fans who, like you say, are normally chomping at the bit for the game, but this year nothing! Do they feel that the pressures all on them? I do hope so

One thing is for certain in this game and that is Jordan Rhodes will score !!!!

What else goes on god knows but the time has come for Gary Bowyer to save his job it's his team it's his home advantage what more could one ask for.

Question for the posters who love the black and white perspectives;

Would you take;

A. Lose badly to Burnley at home and away but make the playoffs.

Or

B. Smash them home and away but finish bottom half.

Just read on Facebook that Evans is suspended on Saturday after his yellow tonight. Any confirmation of this or is it Facebook rubbish?

If it is true it's a massive blow.

Hanley, Duffy and Evans all on four bookings - can see at least one of these picking-up a fifth on Saturday and missing Leeds away.

Would you take;

Or

Has to be A.

In all honesty, just don't understand the Burnley thing. Seen more derbies at Ewood and 'Turf' than I care to remember and yes it's nice to win but not a showstopper for me personally. Have friends who are Burnley fans and we all feel the same way.

Anyone that doesn't say A) is a fool and as smalltime as the Dingles ever were.

I have to agree with Matty, it's all about getting out this league. Wins over Burnley are lovely, but making the play offs is the goal, end of. I do hate questions like this though! ;)

• Backroom

Would you take;

Or

Smashing them 7 - 0 home and away would be fantastic and give me months of joy.

Getting to the Premier League is the ultimate goal though so would have to say that.

Archived