BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sat 6Th Rhodes Vs Rovers

chor808

Last great goal I remember at Ewood was that cross-come-goal from the left wing towards the DE. I forget the Oppo or who scored. Before that it's Conway's belted vs Rotherham.

Think that was Lawrence but it was a freak cross that went in more than a great goal.

Seems a long time ago since we saw an Ewood screamer. Wouldn't be surprised if the last one was Lowe.

Edit: you're right it was Conway. Should have remembered that one, I was right in line with it.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither of which were at Ewood. As a season ticket holder who can't get to away games, it's been a slog for a good while now. Doesn't feel like we've had to many Lambert home games yet. Three? Here's hoping that Gomez and Watt can Bring It On and light the place up, otherwise it might be down to Graham & Brown to paper over the cracks. ^_^

i see what you did there :D

This should jog some more recent memories than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsJAzB6syN8

And I don't know how I've never heard this song...

The song was by a local group called Frenzy from the early to mid-80's. I remember walking with my mates from Livesey to the New Inns (near Great Harwood) to see them perform this number ... only to find the gig had been cancelled and we walked all the way back again (wouldn't have dreamt of catching a taxi in those days!).

Certainly was - I still have my copy.

The original flimsy paper sleeve tore to shreds after a while so I made a new one out of cardboard - got out my bestest coloured pencils, drew a red rose in the middle, wrote BRFC in red letters underneath and coloured one half blue. I was probably about 10 at the time and it was a masterpiece. Definitely would've made the fridge under different circumstances!

I ended up with one of these as a kid, prob still got it somewhere. The line '20 thousand fans are in their usual seats' was definitely way off the mark in the 1980's. I remember thinking that'll never happen :rover:

It is great to read something like this in football. Well done to those Boro fans, and well done to Rhodes.

It is a pleasure to give credit to both opposition fans and a player who left us.

This is an outstanding gesture from a thoroughly decent bloke. Credit to the Boro fans too.

• 6 months later...

Turned out to be a terrible move for all concerned. Without his goals we're likely to go down, Rhodes isn't playing any football and the only people likely to have benefitted are Shelfy/Lambert/agents with any balance being swallowed up by Lambert's ropey signings and the ongoing losses.

No great shock regarding Rhodes.We all knew he wasnt ever going to be good enough at Premier League level and once up, Boro were only going to strengthen their squad shoving Rhodes further down the line.

Shame for the lad because i really do like him but if you re not good enough ....youre not good enough.

Im sure those who wanted rid of him would love him back now ..

• Backroom

Let it go, Rev. It's getting a bit worrying now.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rhodes go to Hull - if they release any funds before the window closes. They've been interested in him before and are in desperate need of players.

Otherwise he'll end up at a promotion-chasing Championship club that needs a striker who can stick it in the net regularly.

No great shock regarding Rhodes.We all knew he wasnt ever going to be good enough at Premier League level and once up, Boro were only going to strengthen their squad shoving Rhodes further down the line.

Shame for the lad because i really do like him but if you re not good enough ....youre not good enough

Hard to say whether that's true or not, as he hasn't actually played in the PL yet. Karanka's judgement is hardly flawless. I reckon he might get his chance at somewhere like Hull or West Brom.

Turned out to be a terrible move for all concerned. Without his goals we're likely to go down, Rhodes isn't playing any football and the only people likely to have benefitted are Shelfy/Lambert/agents with any balance being swallowed up by Lambert's ropey signings and the ongoing losses.

We all called it did't we, that he would fail at Boro long term. Should we have a sniff? Another in the long list of those seeing the greener grass and failing. Hope he lands on his feet.

Yeah and fat, unfit Graham is a much better option...

Danny Graham who was the Norwich version last season and now has changed back into the Sunderland one now that a nice contract is in the bag. Mind you Coyle has no idea whatsoever how to utilise what he does best.

Sounds as if Mr Graham doesn't look too impressed playing under clownpants.

Archived