BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Myers/cheston Dual Role

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd need somebody who can get results whilst the best players are sold. Cheaper option.

I guess so but they could have plodded along with Bowyer who may have kept us up.

I just think they see an MD / chairman as unnecessary and there was a suggestion they only appointed one post relegation to tick a box for Football League regulations.

Despite all the doom, gloom and negativity pervading this thread and the Boro thread I'm really looking forward to the next three games.

Lambert seems to be turning things his way, which as I've always understood is the prime reason for employing a manager, and starting to prove his point.

Why the fans have to be utterly negative about everything the club does is quite beyond me.

The BMW offer (no not a free car just one day usage) needs looking as at well not everyone can drive and I can't see any alternative prize. The commercial staff shouldn't be overlooking any minor details.

Perhaps there is an error here, perhaps not. If there is I'm sure the club will resolve it.

As for this level of nitpicking my suggestion is get a life.

In general they shouldn't be overlooking minor details with a more aggressive commercial standpoint. Check the rest of that post that's what I meant just simply pointed out one blatant example to illustrate that point. I don't like nitpicking either (particularly in one off instances) but its hardly wrong to point out everyone can't drive. Far worse nitpicking than that on forums and people being pedantic about stuff like spelling errors.

By the way if you want to tell someone to "get a life" have a look at who "liked" your above post. Have you noticed the one user who "liked" your post has "liked" several just because they are negative towards me? On the other hand since returning I've given likes to numerous people who have argued with me before.

So if you want to tell someone to "get a life" don't look at me please.

I understand the rest of the point and the post. You don't like nitpicking? It's my suggestion that going to the extent of dissecting a club offer to this level is obsessive to the nth degree raising a question regarding your motivation.

I understand the rest of the point and the post. You don't like nitpicking? It's my suggestion that going to the extent of dissecting a club offer to this level is obsessive to the nth degree raising a question regarding your motivation.

Well yes I am obsessive sometimes (people who are likely to be diagnosed with aspergers are) but it was hardly "dissecting" something that was blatantly clear to see.

You're the one nitpicking by pointing out my supposed nitpicking lol. Anyway lets move on back to Myers/Cheston.

Well yes I am obsessive sometimes (people who are likely to be diagnosed with aspergers are) but it was hardly "dissecting" something that was blatantly clear to see.

You're the one nitpicking by pointing out my supposed nitpicking lol. Anyway lets move on back to Myers/Cheston.

Same old

Got to say I can't see any reason why Rovers should offer an alternate offer. It's a BMW backed offer, if you happen to win then it's BMW you should take up an alternate option with.

That's assuming 3 games of football for 30 quid isn't a good enough offer to start with.

Got to say I can't see any reason why Rovers should offer an alternate offer. It's a BMW backed offer, if you happen to win then it's BMW you should take up an alternate option with.

That's assuming 3 games of football for 30 quid isn't a good enough offer to start with.

Yes 3 games is absolutely a great offer. Its an offer I'm taking and I commend the club for it.

Don't see much problem with the offer it's been done before and the take up won't be huge, probably 100 or 200 at most. It's sponsored so the club will prob receive the shortfall in £ from the tickets. Why some get so het up about it is a bit odd, nobody forces anyone to buy an ST and the financial reward in it is always there if you go to every game.

Don't see much problem with the offer it's been done before and the take up won't be huge, probably 100 or 200 at most. It's sponsored so the club will prob receive the shortfall in £ from the tickets. Why some get so het up about it is a bit odd, nobody forces anyone to buy an ST and the financial reward in it is always there if you go to every game.

It's not confined to football, some people just like to moan..

In general they shouldn't be overlooking minor details with a more aggressive commercial standpoint. Check the rest of that post that's what I meant just simply pointed out one blatant example to illustrate that point. I don't like nitpicking either (particularly in one off instances) but its hardly wrong to point out everyone can't drive. Far worse nitpicking than that on forums and people being pedantic about stuff like spelling errors.

By the way if you want to tell someone to "get a life" have a look at who "liked" your above post. Have you noticed the one user who "liked" your post has "liked" several just because they are negative towards me? On the other hand since returning I've given likes to numerous people who have argued with me before.

So if you want to tell someone to "get a life" don't look at me please.

Edit: Already covered above.

While improvements could perhaps be done on increasing gates, just as a counterpoint to Rovers apparently lacking in the commercial department, I take this chart from swiss ramble (http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/blackburn-rovers-burning-down-house.html):

19%2BBlackburn%2BCommercial%2B2014.jpg

It's for the accounts from two years ago, so maybe our continuing failures have further dented our commercial prestige, but this is also before the dafabet sponsorship deal. Always room for improvement, and Leicester's example goes to show the potential of Asian markets now (a colleague of mine told me how in Bangkok the shirts he'd always see in the sports stores were Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal... and Leicester!), but not too shabby.

Though as the above link shows, it's really all about who's getting parachute payments in the Championship now...

While improvements could perhaps be done on increasing gates, just as a counterpoint to Rovers apparently lacking in the commercial department, I take this chart from swiss ramble (http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/blackburn-rovers-burning-down-house.html):

It's for the accounts from two years ago, so maybe our continuing failures have further dented our commercial prestige, but this is also before the dafabet sponsorship deal. Always room for improvement, and Leicester's example goes to show the potential of Asian markets now (a colleague of mine told me how in Bangkok the shirts he'd always see in the sports stores were Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal... and Leicester!), but not too shabby.

Though as the above link shows, it's really all about who's getting parachute payments in the Championship now...

Good if somewhat lengthy article.

• Backroom

I think a lot of us have just got used to things going badly and it's hard to shake off the negative mindset we've got into. Some decent results and performances will change that for at least some of us.

Failing to win in 8 games, failing to keep a clean sheet in 7 and failing to beat the likes of Charlton and Bolton tends to cause concern, too, and quite rightly so. Once Lambert picks up a couple of wins against opposition from our current league I'm sure there will be much less negativity. There are reasons to be cautiously optimistic but it's up to Lambert and the team to prove that things are different this time. We've seen far too many false dawns over the last five years under Venky's ownership for anybody with a working memory to be confident of future success.

In terms of Commerce, one thing that was bandied about when Venkys took over was how they would be able to expand commercial opportunities in the Indian and Eastern markets and enhance our Global brand/exposure.

Another front they've failed miserably at, other than the notoriety and embarrassment they orchestrated.

Archived