BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United - Fa Cup 5Th Round

I'm sorry but staying in this League is infinitely more important to this Club than winning todays cup tie. I really hate losing and losing like we did today I hate even more but if we get two good results in the next two games this one will be consigned to history. Let's say Hanley or Evans would have been sent off today, they could then miss the next three matches. How would we fancy that ?

Lambert's paid to make tough decisions and he made another one today. If we turn things around in the League todays decision will have been justified.

As somebody else said he'll have marked a few cards after todays performance.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want my money back. If I'd have had any incline that he was gunna start with that side I would never have gone. I've never left early before but that was shocking and I left as soon as the 4th went in. Let's be honest we were lucky it was only five. Lenihan was the only bright spark. Special shout outs to akpan and Henley who put in some of the worst footballing displays I've ever seen

Get a grip. You only agree to pay entrance money to football matches if the manager picks your preferred line up?

I'm sorry but staying in this League is infinitely more important to this Club than winning todays cup tie. I really hate losing and losing like we did today I hate even more but if we get two good results in the next two games this one will be consigned to history. Let's say Hanley or Evans would have been sent off today, they could then miss the next three matches. How would we fancy that ?

Lambert's paid to make tough decisions and he made another one today. If we turn things around in the League todays decision will have been justified.

You say that, yet two of the three poorest (Akpan and Henley) stayed on the field for 90 minutes.

You could say that every time a team loses

Given our lowly current position Lambert could have put a team out that showed that we would give it a go. He didn't. It was a one off chance at a bit of feel good and he didn't even try it chance. It's the NOW that matters in every game we play and in everything we do.

The red card on Taylor ended the game in everything but name, even with West Ham also down to 10 men 20 minutes later we simply stopped defending at that point. No communication in the back line, no protection from midfield.

I thought Duffy did well in several tricky situations (although he certainly played a part in the non-functioning defense of the last 30 minutes as well), Steeles chocolate wrists made an unfortunate guest appearance, and Conway (although we rarely broke down the flanks) is deep into his annual phase of being completely useless for 2 months or so.

Interesting to read the people who didn't go tell us how bad Rovers were. I can tell you there wasn't a player who didn't give it everything today. They may not be good enough but they had a go and for 50 minutes were in the game.

Yes the last 15 we got hammered but that was hardly a surprise to those at Ewood.

Glad to see Chris Brown being clapped off. He's put more effort in to the last two games than Rhodes did in the last two months.

Correct,

It's not like Rovers supporters to make knee jerk reactions and throw their toys out of the pram is it, especially absent ones

city have the champions league and the carling cup final next week.What exactly are we playing for?Lambert was building up the match in the media throughout the week and hoping for a big gate.Why shouldn't fans be angry at the fact we picked a second string side?We arnt going down

Because football is a squad game.

Spurr injured, Graham cup tied.

Gomez, Evans and Hanley are the three that could have made a difference but we don't know if they were carrying knocks (Hanley just come back)

That team was not as weak as being made out.

We don't know how many were carrying knocks. If you don't know in this day and age that teams play weaker sides in cup competitions then more fool you.

West Ham played a strong team because they think they can win it.

We went one nil up after 20 minutes.

You are grasping at straws now. Just admit Lambert ignored the paying public and chose a poor team without caring about the fans.

Interesting to read the people who didn't go tell us how bad Rovers were. I can tell you there wasn't a player who didn't give it everything today. They may not be good enough but they had a go and for 50 minutes were in the game.

Yes the last 15 we got hammered but that was hardly a surprise to those at Ewood.

Glad to see Chris Brown being clapped off. He's put more effort in to the last two games than Rhodes did in the last two months.

If Akpan and Henley gave their all today, then in the words of Roy Keane, I'm a Chinaman.

We are 8 points plus a much better goal difference ahead of the bottom 3.Do you really think we are in threat of being relegated?Even if we are why was Lambert building the game up in the media throughout the week?I don't believe for one second he thought we could beat west ham with our key players not playing

It was on Telly all over the world. It was sh-it on telly too.

Gave me a good laugh the Brown v Rhodes one...Jesus Wept

With Henley, Akpan and Taylor on the field we effectively played with 8 men today. In addition to a GK who couldn't catch a cold.

Exactly. I want to see why we left out better players today in our midweek game against Derby.

Today was embarrassing!

I think we have real problems at left back. Spurr is poor and some have clamoured for Henley to replace him. Then Henley puts in a performance like that. He was awful, always out of position. That was a real tonking today in the 2nd half, we looked like a non league outfit.

Gomez, Evans and Hanley are the three that could have made a difference but we don't know if they were carrying knocks (Hanley just come back)

Gomez, Evans and Hanley would have no doubt played had it been a league game.

I can understand it but don't agree with it.

He banged on pre match about a win to loosen the purse strings in the Summer, so why put that team out?

All the feel good factor, (on and off the pitch), after Tuesday completely destroyed.

Own goal.

.......I have said repeatedly that Lambert likes a gamble, but he's gambling with our money (metaphorically, before you start) on days like today and I don't like the taste of being taken for a fool.

West Ham beat us in 3rd gear and PL might as well have started the U21s. If you go in to a game without the ability to compete, you risk greater issues than a mere defeat.

Don't persuade yourselves that this was anything but a conscious decision by PL.

He knew better than we did what was likely to happen.

If we hadn't been reduced to 10, WH could have merely moved out of second gear.

Naive in the extreme. Rovers fans were crying, shouting, and fighting with sheer frustration at the utter predictability of it.

Do not respond by saying he had no choice. 😉

I find it strange that people are having a go at Henley who was being asked to push forward yet there is no mention of Ward who offered absolutely nothing all game other than shoving his hand in the air for offside - at least Duffy put in some effort.

Steele at least regained himself with a couple of decent saves which nobody seems to mention but definitely contributed to fault for first goal especially and could have done better with the freekick

Only ones that can come out with any credit imo are Duffy, Marshall and in some respects Taylor despite his sending off as at least he showed a bit of fight and determination.

This board is comical with ones saying we shouldn't play the strongest team as we have x many games in x many days and that we are not in any chance of going down yet expect the 'lesser players ' to do something against a West Ham team that they say are light years ahead on the same hand

On a one off basis it makes hardly any difference on a given day - sure Hull were saying that after the Arsenal game and Reading to that extent.

To put in a performance like we have done is nothing short of embarrassing and deserves every critique it gets from players to manager.

I find it strange that people are having a go at Henley who was being asked to push forward yet there is no mention of Ward who offered absolutely nothing all game other than shoving his hand in the air for offside - at least Duffy put in some effort.

Steele at least regained himself with a couple of decent saves which nobody seems to mention but definitely contributed to fault for first goal especially and could have done better with the freekick

Only ones that can come out with any credit imo are Duffy, Marshall and in some respects Taylor despite his sending off as at least he showed a bit of fight and determination.

This board is comical with ones saying we shouldn't play the strongest team as we have x many games in x many days and that we are not in any chance of going down yet expect the 'lesser players ' to do something against a West Ham team that they say are light years ahead on the same hand

On a one off basis it makes hardly any difference on a given day - sure Hull were saying that after the Arsenal game and Reading to that extent.

To put in a performance like we have done is nothing short of embarrassing and deserves every critique it gets from players to manager.

You are absolutely correct. West Ham could have had ten today.

I am embarrassed by that performance. I really wish it hadn't been on TV for anyone, who knows me to see such a gutless, white flag performance....

A centre forward who can't play centre forward ffs !

How bad do you want it to be?

Archived