BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United - Fa Cup 5Th Round

Jesus... Players not putting in effort is obviously disgusting but i'm not about to praise proffessional footballers who earn £xx,xxx a week praise for "putting in effort". Its the least i expect from anyone playing down at Pleasy on a saturday morning... Which coincidentally is about Chris Browns standard.

This is actually the scary thing in that we have Chris Brown on our books and we are discussing his football ability. WTF has happened to us. He is the worst striker I have seen in a Rovers shirt bar none. Yes he is physical but an odd shot at goal would help. Useless lardy.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

What the hell has happened to Conway?? New contract syndrome? What a poor performance from him today.

Hasn't played well since Lambert took over. Think he could be gone in the summer if his form doesn't improve between now and the end of the season, which would be a shame as he's shown he can have an impact if utilised properly.

gestede. Conway. Cairney. Evans. pulled out plenty of rabbits out of the hat, however this squad is now made up of free transfers and loanees. Compare that with West Ham who brought on a 14 million player as a sub!

Your only looking at Gestede as being half decent Imy which after signing 36 players plus is that a good enough return, oh wait though the agents did well financially from the club though.

How much is the club paying out to the agents under Lambert. Seven so far is it? incredible and here we go again round and round.

As a fan of Lambert, his team selection was almost insulting.

A lot of hollow words and little action, so far.

The most embarrassing, unprofessional, gutless display I've ever witnessed.

Staggered by the standing ovations to Taylor and Brown. (Who the f are these people?)

Absolutely no positives from today. A waste of money and time turning up.

What the hell has happened to Conway?? New contract syndrome? What a poor performance from him today.

Overated. Passes the buck better than he does the ball.

Hes even stopped using His one trick: to cut back on his favored foot, and hit the 1st man with his cross.

With all due credit to those that turned up - remind me what was the "home" gate ? Those that turned up for Liverpool last season were nowhere to be seen - sorry for those that turned up, but you can't entirely blame PL when a lot of the Blackburn public obviously don't care themselves about the FA Cup.

Blame the fans. Again.

Are you one of those who was also slagging off those who walked out en masse after the fourth goal?

It's not too strong to say that the fans could be forgiven for feeling a little hoodwinked today.

Your only looking at Gestede as being half decent Imy which after signing 36 players plus is that a good enough return, oh wait though the agents did well financially from the club though.

How much is the club paying out to the agents under Lambert. Seven so far is it? incredible and here we go again round and round.

Good points

WHU fans in front of us (corporate) put £150 on their team winning 5-1. I was really naffed off with their £15,000 win.

Just summed up my day.

Runts

Lambert is an absolute embarrassment and should be ashamed. Has spent all week in the media begging the fans to make it a full house then he puts that team out. Missed out on a potential trip to Old Trafford.

Akpan somehow stands out as worse than everyone else, Taylor is a joke, Henley all over the place, why didnt he replace Olsson? Neither Duffy nor Ward are a patch on Hanley, Gomez, Watt, Evans all not playing for some reason. Steele pathetic for the first goal and his kicking is appalling, where is Eastwood gone?

I also worry that again we will dish out contract extensions by default. Brown has slightly improved but still has never once showed a goal threat, we need rid of him, Taylor always scabs another year, we need rid of him too.

Jesus... Players not putting in effort is obviously disgusting but i'm not about to praise proffessional footballers who earn £xx,xxx a week praise for "putting in effort". Its the least i expect from anyone playing down at Pleasy on a saturday morning... Which coincidentally is about Chris Browns standard.

But at least he tried, Neal. As I say, again, we had players who didn't put a shift in. They're who our frustrations should be focussed towards. It's not Brown's fault he gets picked (and I am not a fan of his btw).

It's rare I get to see a Rovers game these days, however, if that is the standard fayre then I'm glad I don't. I feel bad for people who watch regularly.

I read this board for all things Rovers but actually seeing them play gives me a better perspective, and can reason to some of the angst.

A common cliché is that the table doesn't lie, and it certainly proved right today. Rovers looked like a struggling championship side. Lambert and his team have a lot of work to do, and they need to start fresh with a new squad. This one isn't up to it. There is a massive lack of control, passing, positioning, and movement.

Rovers number 9 is a throwback clogger. The commentator listed all his previous clubs. It was a long list of bad teams. I think he passed more to West Ham players than Mark Noble. I really do see why some slate him. Strikers need to be able to shoot.

All in, it look like it will be a while before I see Rovers on TV again. I guess I'll have to go to an empty Ewood the next time I'm home.

For all Rovers shortcomings West Ham were a class above. Bilic knows what he is doing. As others have said too Payet is a class act. If they can keep Bilic they will be competing for a top 4 place in the next few years. That new stadium will help with recruitment and revenue.

Lambert is an absolute embarrassment and should be ashamed. Has spent all week in the media begging the fans to make it a full house then he puts that team out. Missed out on a potential trip to Old Trafford.

Akpan somehow stands out as worse than everyone else, Taylor is a joke, Henley all over the place, why didnt he replace Olsson? Neither Duffy nor Ward are a patch on Hanley, Gomez, Watt, Evans all not playing for some reason. Steele pathetic for the first goal and his kicking is appalling, where is Eastwood gone?

I also worry that again we will dish out contract extensions by default. Brown has slightly improved but still has never once showed a goal threat, we need rid of him, Taylor always scabs another year, we need rid of him too.

Well not really if Rovers and West Ham were not the same numbered ball. At least looking at it that way might make people feel better!

Albeit I'm disappointed to say the least, if we get 4 points from the next two matches or 8 from the next 4 I will be a little happier.

IMO Lambert is looking at the table and how many games in a short period of time and needs to ensure our survival.

Would I swap the Fulham result for a win today..........definitely not!

Trudging back to Scotland. I'm going to have to post my first criticism of Lambert, he set us up to loose with his team selection. No way was that tactical. If he's resting players for league games fair enough, but say that leading up to the game. A decent first 10 mins, but there was no way that team could maintain that against Premier league opposition.

There were no goals in that team so 1 goal was an achievement, defence like a sieve and Steele exposed for the poor keeper he is.

The best that can be said about that is that some fringe players have had a run out.

Didn't expect to win, but Lambert never gave us a chance with that team selection IMHO.

Archived