BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United - Fa Cup 5Th Round

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But at least he tried, Neal. As I say, again, we had players who didn't put a shift in. They're who our frustrations should be focussed towards. It's not Brown's fault he gets picked (and I am not a fan of his btw).

anyone can try and put effort in..but the crux is Brown isnt good enough

anyone can try and put effort in..but the crux is Brown isnt good enough

Yes, I know he isn't. I don't even rate the bloke. All I'm saying, is at least he put a shift in today - there were at least three in the side who didn't and that cannot be forgiven. That is all. Next game I hope Brown is dropped along with the likes of Henley, Akpan and Taylor.

Lambert looked like he was pleased with Brown's performance after he subbed him.

pleased FFS brown couldnt trouble Darwens defence he was S*** again ..trying and putting effort in at this level isnt enough its the least especially for a player on decent wages

• Backroom

It was always extremely unlikely Brown was ever going to trouble the defence of a decent Premier League team. Especially when we left our only creative player on the bench.

I can only assume Lambert is a lot more worried about us going down than most on here. Perhaps he was spooked by our winless run and has very little faith in the current setup. He has every reason to feel that way, but if he does then he isn't being as honest with his comments as some are suggesting - which is fine, imo, and understandable. He needs these players to work for him at least until the end of the season, at which point he'll either get the money to rebuild the squad or quite possibly walk if funds are withheld.

Chris Taylor should have been booed off the pitch, absolutely embarrassing.

Would not be the first time or the last.

Hull = power and pace

West Ham = power and pace

Rovers battered twice.

Anyone spotting a pattern yet?

Yep both matches Hanley and graham out.. other side of the coin and whatnot.

But hey ho, we did well for long periods in the match until Taylor got sent packing.. and well Steele had a shocking match, don't get the Akpan hate he certainly outplayed Conway. brown(Shock horror) and Taylor.

Match was set up for a slog on our part and we did it well for a big chunk of the match, but being a player down and trying to play high pressure footy your doooooooommmmed, tactics had to change we tried but against a top 10 PL side you don't stand much chance.

Defense was dreadful though for the first couple conceded.. Moses needed to be bullied not run away from.

Could easy be argued that our best 4 of this season have been Hanley, Evans, Gomez (despite so few games) and Marshal. (recently anyway). only one of em played today. At least only Taylor is suspended and we don't have to worry about the cup which we had no chance of winning, anyway when teams at the top are fielding top elevens.

Absolutely outrageous from top to bottom.

Everyone who has paid a ticket to Venkys these past few years and allowed them to this to us is responsible for this. I don't care who here likes the truth or not. You are not supporting the club, you are supporting Venkys ruining this club.

Nonsense.

You supported every Bowyer signing 36 plus and now you are championing even more players to come into the club as the debt on the club rises.

What is your agenda as the first team continually struggles.

Agenda? Are you taking the p1ss or something with such a stupid and pathetic comment like that!!!

I want the best for my football club and getting behind the players all the time and not moaning or groaning.

Also what does it matter what Lambert spend on agent's fees tbh. He is trying to be improve the squad and will continue to do this during the summer.

All you EVER do is moan and complain about everything to do with Rovers whether it's about players, manager or other things. You NEVER have one good thing to say about Rovers EVER!!!

The most disheartening thing about today was the last 15 mins. Lets not forget it was 10 v 10 at that stage yet WHam took the p. They could/should have scored 4 or 5 in that period whilst we didn"t muster a chance.

Lambert even had the nerve to say we didn't capitulate. Still feel he is the right guy for the job but he has done himself no favours this week.

It was on Telly all over the world. It was sh-it on telly too.

Gave me a good laugh the Brown v Rhodes one...Jesus Wept

I can tell you one thing with certainty Brown puts in far more effort than Rhodes ever did. Yes he's not a great footballer but then neither is Rhodes

I can tell you one thing with certainty Brown puts in far more effort than Rhodes ever did. Yes he's not a great footballer but then neither is Rhodes

Rhodes did score the the occasional goal though (and I'm not a supporter of his), while apart from working hard (sometimes) Brown has no redeeming features as a player. He's one of those "footballers" you wonder how they ever made it in the professional game,.

Found the team a little baffling before we started. However, give the manager the benefit.....and for the first quarter we competed, went ahead and looked good. For some reason the entire defence retreated for their first goal and we completely capitulated thereafter.

I still can never comprehend how a player on a yellow doesn't then behave. Taylor played ok, but gave away the free kick for their second and then let the club down by an inexcusable second blatant foul. How he thought he'd been wronged and the long walk off was woeful - and yes I didn't applaud him!

We got what we deserved today - a good spanking by a good PL side. Our supposed owners should yet again hang their collective heads in shame at what they have done - pledge £50 million in the summer....might begin to think they have a heart and a modicum of common sense - won't happen.

Which striker would you rather have Paul? A striker who does what a striker is supposed to do and score or a striker who never does what a striker is supposed to do ?

Would you rather have a goal scorer or someone with more red cards than goals ?

We got what we deserved today - a good spanking by a good PL side. Our supposed owners should yet again hang their collective heads in shame at what they have done - pledge £50 million in the summer....might begin to think they have a heart and a modicum of common sense - won't happen.

Today reinforced how far we've dropped. We're so far behind he likes of West Ham now yet in our Premier League days would have expected to beat them (and usually did).

Embarrassing is the only word to decribe that shambolic performance. The manager waved the white flag before we began with Evans, Gomez and Watt on the bench. Surely, we are sufficiently clear of the bottom three to play the strongest side today, rest players on Wednesday if need be - although I never seem to remember the likes of Clayton or Dougie or any other quality player I've seen at Ewood needing to be rested - and then full strength again against MK Dons. We made a game of it for thirty minutes and then West Ham simply upped a gear and left us in their wake. We need to face the fact that we are an average Championship side and are light years behind in terms of competing in the Premier League. I thought West Ham were excellent and simply underlined what dreadful stuff is on view in the Championship on a weekly basis.

Rhodes did score the the occasional goal though (and I'm not a supporter of his), while apart from working hard (sometimes) Brown has no redeeming features as a player. He's one of those "footballers" you wonder how they ever made it in the professional game,.

Yes I can see that. The ball though does stick to Brown more than Rhodes and he does lay it off quite well from time to time.

Brown's game is about effort and that's about it. What really pees me off, and this isn't aimed at you, is they way fans beat these players up. The team isn't great, we know that, but at least there's some effort under Lambert. There's a long long way to go but we seem to have started the journey.

Embarrassing is the only word to decribe that shambolic performance. The manager waved the white flag before we began with Evans, Gomez and Watt on the bench. Surely, we are sufficiently clear of the bottom three to play the strongest side today, rest players on Wednesday if need be - although I never seem to remember the likes of Clayton or Dougie or any other quality player I've seen at Ewood needing to be rested - and then full strength again against MK Dons. We made a game of it for thirty minutes and then West Ham simply upped a gear and left us in their wake. We need to face the fact that we are an average Championship side and are light years behind in terms of competing in the Premier League. I thought West Ham were excellent and simply underlined what dreadful stuff is on view in the Championship on a weekly basis.

Embarrassing is a word that many people are using and I do feel Lambert should hold his hands up, admit he got it wrong and apologise for that performance today.

Yes I can see that. The ball though does stick to Brown more than Rhodes and he does lay it off quite well from time to time.

Brown's game is about effort and that's about it. What really pees me off, and this isn't aimed at you, is they way fans beat these players up. The team isn't great, we know that, but at least there's some effort under Lambert. There's a long long way to go but we seem to have started the journey.

There is more effort but the team fell apart in the second half today. It could easily have been 7 or 8 against us. The worst aspect is that even when it was 10 on 10 they were still so superior to us it was embarrassing (that word again). What with the performance, the result and the pitiful crowd it was a dispiriting day all round.

Archived