BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Them From Yorksheer When Police Say It All Kicks Off At 12.30!

Not sure if they've signed new manager yet, but that could be factor.

We should have added a compulsory extra fiver on the ticket and given the Yarks a Lancashire Black Pudding at half time. We could say their loon Italian owner who gave us the idea!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understand the points about them getting full end but for me it all adds to the atmosphere. I would give the Darwen end to every team and fit us in 3 stands.

Never like making predictions but can confidently say we will work hard as a team and create a chance or two.

I'm expecting the Darwen End to be visitors only next season. We are too thinly spread at the moment, Lambo wants more fans and atmosphere in the Blackburn End and it will save moving fans for half a dozen games.

I'm expecting the Darwen End to be visitors only next season. We are too thinly spread at the moment, Lambo wants more fans and atmosphere in the Blackburn End and it will save moving fans for half a dozen games.

Yeah I agree. Throw in safe standing in Blackburn end once the Hillsborough inquest is over and we could have a half decent atmosphere back.

Understand the points about them getting full end but for me it all adds to the atmosphere. I would give the Darwen end to every team and fit us in 3 stands.

Never like making predictions but can confidently say we will work hard as a team and create a chance or two.

Trouble is half the teams in this league bring 500 or less especially for night games. For me having 500 home fans in one side is better than a huddle of visitors in the middle of 7500 seats and I'm sure it's better for the players having a few down that end in an already 2/3 empty ground.

Fact is we are spread thin because there ain't enough of us and there is rarely an atmosphere because not enough make any effort at all unless the team is on it. As we are at present moving the DE won't make a scrap of difference for most games unless new ideas and a bit of effort is made. :(

Unless of course the team begins to fly next season :tu:

Trouble is half the teams in this league bring 500 or less especially for night games. For me having 500 home fans in one side is better than a huddle of visitors in the middle of 7500 seats and I'm sure it's better for the players having a few down that end in an already 2/3 empty ground.

Fact is we are spread thin because there ain't enough of us and there is rarely an atmosphere because not enough make any effort at all unless the team is on it. As we are at present moving the DE won't make a scrap of difference for most games unless new ideas and a bit of effort is made. :(

Unless of course the team begins to fly next season :tu:

For me that's the point. If they only bring 500 they look sparse and like they can't be bothered. Give them an end and we will take them on.

See a draw for this one and will be happy. Far too many games in a short space of time for a small squad. Fatigue will play its part. They are knackered.

I'm with Abbey on this....I trap up 5, sometimes 6 days a week to do the day job at a fraction of the price. I've played football for 47 years, and still did a stint tonight at 5-aside for an hour at the age of 52 and loved it - knackered, trollocks, they should be raring to go and get 3 more points, its what they are paid to do!

if you think that closing the DE will improve the BBE your sadly mistaken. Apart from the 2 upper corners, no one vocally supports the team. I can only speak for a few but there's no way that closing of a stand will get people back in the BBE. We moved to the Darwen End for a reason and that reason still stands. (as for having to move for some games... no one minds that)

For me that's the point. If they only bring 500 they look sparse and like they can't be bothered. Give them an end and we will take them on.

'take them on'. I don't get what difference that makes

if you think that closing the DE will improve the BBE your sadly mistaken. Apart from the 2 upper corners, no one vocally supports the team. I can only speak for a few but there's no way that closing of a stand will get people back in the BBE. We moved to the Darwen End for a reason and that reason still stands. (as for having to move for some games... no one minds that)

In a meeting this week Alan Myers confirmed there are no plans to close the Darwen End next season.

I hate Leeds almost as much as I hate Burnley. One of our suppliers at work sponsored a stand at Elland Rd so I dropped them. No way was contributing in any way to that shower.

My prediction:

4-0. Nathan Blake will finally have a good game a bang a brace. Attendance in the region of 35k. Leeds fans will make complete t!ts of themselves as per.

Now where have I said that?

I think the Darwen End area is a good idea, and the club needs to do whatever it can to promote it boost numbers in there and get it close to being full.

If Rovers aimed to get 1,000 or more season ticket holders in that section, with some other seats given to local schools/sports clubs then it would quickly add to the atmosphere. Ideally this area would be the area to aim to fill for local promotions etc. at reduced prices but this can't happen otherwise away fans would get the same reduced prices.

The area should be something similar to that organised at Huddersfield or Palace with a section of singing fans with flags/banners etc.

Ewood Park is a big ground and on weeknights 300 Fulham fans can feel a long way away from the Blackburn End and naturally this affects the 'banter' between home and away fans.

I was at Derby the other week and they deliberately put away supporters in the block right next to their most vocal home supporters, separated only by a narrow divide, and the atmosphere was good for a night game, even with only about 400 Rovers fans.

I expect us to take the confidence from Tuesday straight into this game and brush Leeds aside.

Take away the fact they're a big club with huge support and you're left with a rag tag bunch of youth players and misfits managed by a walking coronary.

4/5 for a Rovers win? Boost it up on those accas by having rovers to win giving a goal start for one in the bin before the 3pm kick offs.

Monster monster.

I'm with Abbey on this....I trap up 5, sometimes 6 days a week to do the day job at a fraction of the price. I've played football for 47 years, and still did a stint tonight at 5-aside for an hour at the age of 52 and loved it - knackered, trollocks, they should be raring to go and get 3 more points, its what they are paid to do!

I agree to an extent, but these are professional athletes playing against other professional athletes. Every percentage counts, and playing at such a high intensity can take its toll.

Really strange, was thinking about how it would be a good idea to close certain areas of Ewood and perhaps in place put some smart banners there instead... Thus condensing the fans a little more which surely would lead to a better atmosphere. Would like to see the two new guys try some new ideas like this. I think a standing section behind the goals at Ewood would be great, me and my dad would certainly get tickets there and personally would be really excited about it. I think its time to really revolutionalise the match day experience at Ewood changes need to be made to get the buzz back.

Really strange, was thinking about how it would be a good idea to close certain areas of Ewood and perhaps in place put some smart banners there instead... Thus condensing the fans a little more which surely would lead to a better atmosphere. Would like to see the two new guys try some new ideas like this. I think a standing section behind the goals at Ewood would be great, me and my dad would certainly get tickets there and personally would be really excited about it. I think its time to really revolutionalise the match day experience at Ewood changes need to be made to get the buzz back.

100% It's time to shake things up a bit, even innovate with regards to the match day experience.

Extra time multi ball or Club Mascot Hand to Hand Combat at Half Time for example. (only joking, but it needs Out Of The Box Thinking for sure)

• Backroom

Draw for me this one, 5 on the bounce at home would be massive but unlikely the players looked dead on their feet on Tuesday and I expect a bit of a damp squib here.

If they are all up to it then start the same team but I wouldn't be shocked to see Brown start to rough them up a bit.

Draw for me this one, 5 on the bounce at home would be massive but unlikely the players looked dead on their feet on Tuesday and I expect a bit of a damp squib here.

If they are all up to it then start the same team but I wouldn't be shocked to see Brown start to rough them up a bit.

aw bless you don't think the little well paid cherubs cant play 4 hours a week. ?

6-0

Archived