BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Them From Yorksheer When Police Say It All Kicks Off At 12.30!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aw bless you don't think the little well paid cherubs cant play 4 hours a week. ?

6-0

It can be done.

Easter 1980:

Fri Apr 4 Rovers 1 v 0 Hull

Sat Apr 5 Mansfield 0 v 1 Rovers

Mon Apr 7 Rovers 1 v 0 Sheff Utd

Ask any player, games can't come quick enough when you're winning.

Watched Leeds get humiliated at Brighton recently, awful side that night and we should see them off without a problem.

2-0

As for closing parts of the ground, putting up banners etc etc, the only way to increase gates and create a better atmosphere is to have a successful team on the pitch, its been proven time and time again.

Whilst the sides cr@p, the support will suffer, if things improve on the pitch the support will improve also.

As for closing parts of the ground, putting up banners etc etc, the only way to increase gates and create a better atmosphere is to have a successful team on the pitch, its been proven time and time again.

Whilst the sides cr@p, the support will suffer, if things improve on the pitch the support will improve also.

Bloody hell Gav you fuddy duddy.... We couldn't sell out Ewood in the Prem so I don't understand your point. Condensing the fans would make for a better atmosphere and the banners if done correctly would reinvigorate the surroundings at Ewood... I'm not sure how you can even debate this. It's not like it would be a permanent thing either, if the fans do start to come back then of course you can EASILY remove the banners and open up the areas of the ground for fans. Everything has been so stuck in it's ways at Ewood for too long and we need some new innovative ideas to improve the match day experience, if stay away supporters see the fan base coming back together and enjoying themselves making a racket then they may well see this and want to come back. If stay aways keep seeing empty seats then they're going think "well if no one else can be arsed then neither can I"... We need to start thinking FORWARD with the manager.

Il say what i said months ago in a similiar discussion regarding attendances.When the ground was redeveloped they got carried away with the capacity.A 24000 seater stadium would have been ample.If that meant having 3000 locked outside every week so be it but the "demand" would have been so that people may still have carried on buying/attending just to be sure that if the team did become successful again they were guaranteed a ticket.Supply and demand.

(i know hindsight is a great thing)

Leeds United eh? The biggest white elephant of a club EVER and with supporters detested more than Burnley, Mankutd and mankcity together, they are so deluded, so over pretentious, so misguided and so unbelievably moronic (well some of them are anyway!).

Not a doubt in my mind the moronic few will be out and about causing trouble its what they do best, they aren't real football fans they are idiots.

On the pitch, Rovers have become harder to beat and although we still silly mistakes they are a more complete side across the board. So how do we see the unmighty dirty leeds approaching the game? They will probably go 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 and try and crowd the middle and play on the break. This is where I think Rovers can benefit by attacking them from the off. Leeds are not a good defensive team BUT they have goal scorers in Antenucci and Wood. Limit their supply and they cant score goals.

We should see a health crowd despite yet another ridiculous kick off time of 1230. When are the clubs going to stand up to the local authorities and say enough is enough, its about the fans, for the fans and only for the fans. A 1230 kick off doesn't guarantee extra police instead of a 1500 kick off, all it serves to do is inconvenience supporters. why don't they insist on leeds fans being bussed into Lancashire like animals, just the same as they did with ours and Burnleys supporters if they don't want trouble or drink related incidents?

I am going for a Rovers 5th home win on the bounce. Rovers have a chance to seal some real momentum in the last quarter of the season and send out a message to the fans, to Venkys and to the rest of the Championship wannabees that this club is back in business, back on track and ready to go again next season because as we all know, NEXT SEASON is really **** or bust. 2-1

I agree to an extent, but these are professional athletes playing against other professional athletes. Every percentage counts, and playing at such a high intensity can take its toll.

Just to put it Ito context. A midfielder usually runs around 12.5 Km per match. He can and is expected by the manager and us the supporters to maybe do 70 sprints at his maximum speed, if they are quick that can be up to or in excess of 30 Km per hour. Now in my book that is some shift and I can understand how that can take its toll.

The over-confidence on here, coupled with Mercer predicting a comfortable win leaves me with a very bad feeling.

Sadly, it seems whenever we (as in the fans) start getting confident Rovers can go and beat someone fairly comfortabley (generally with a playoff push thrown in) we normally come crashing back down to earth with a humbling defeat.

Desperately hoping that's not the case tomorrow.

In fact, to really put the cherry on top with respect to hope for next season, it would be nice to stuff Leeds out of sight entirely.

It can be done.

Easter 1980:

Fri Apr 4 Rovers 1 v 0 Hull

Sat Apr 5 Mansfield 0 v 1 Rovers

Mon Apr 7 Rovers 1 v 0 Sheff Utd

Ask any player, games can't come quick enough when you're winning.

Whats more we got promoted !

Duncan Mckenzie , Mansfield 1980 , seems like only yesterday !

It was a beautiful day ...

aw bless you don't think the little well paid cherubs cant play 4 hours a week. ?

6-0

I'm not sure what you don't get about this. Of course they can play 4 hours a week. Doesn't mean they can play it as well as if they were playing less. Paying someone more money and training them 24/7 doesn't make them superhuman. We're not expecting them to beat a Sunday league team here, we're expecting them to beat another set of paid professionals at roughly the same level, who all have the same level of expectation on them from their side.

As it is, Lambert (who is usually a slave driver relative to our previous boss) has decided to rest them more than usual during training time. And guess what? It's working. It isn't about what they're paid, what level they're at, etc, it's about the physical limitations of the human body.

When people are saying 'these players can't keep playing at 100% if they play this much', and you outright transform that into them saying 'these players can't play at all if they play this much' or 'these players won't try as hard', it just comes across as churlish to be honest.

Leeds have sold 3100 tickets, making the move in KO time even more maddening. Can this be raised at the fans forum or some other channel?

What an absolute farce. At a time when we need to keep the regulars coming and hopefully one or two casuals. People having to rearrange their lives for the day for a midtable championship game against a crap side who can't even keep up their end of the bargain.

It'll be another pathetic crowd actually inside the stadium again tomorrow yet we moan on here but meekly accept what the clueless suits and lazy police tell us to do.

Makes my blood effin boil stuff like this does and the club or police should re emburse the cost of the match to St's who can't make the rearranged time due to their misdirection.

What an absolute farce. At a time when we need to keep the regulars coming and hopefully one or two casuals. People having to rearrange their lives for the day for a midtable championship game against a crap side who can't even keep up their end of the bargain.

It'll be another pathetic crowd actually inside the stadium again tomorrow yet we moan on here but meekly accept what the clueless suits and lazy police tell us to do.

Makes my blood effin boil stuff like this does and the club or police should re emburse the cost of the match to St's who can't make the rearranged time due to their misdirection.

Indeed. A bloody farce. I'm serious (briefly), the club should do all they can to preserve 3.00 kick offs. It's understandable when it's on tele but there's just no need for this tomorrow.

As an aside I do hope the fans forum have also had a word about the dreadful music that keeps getting played. Not just after a goal is scored but also that bloody Coldplay crap they walk out to. Dreadful. Utter bilge. And before anyone says it's really popular or such like, there are millions of Man Utd fans in the world as well. Doesn't mean they're right either.

Perhaps something from Straight Outta Compton would be more appropriate tomorrow - track 2? Unless NWA did a track about match day workers wanting to get off early for their tea of course.

Oh, would you look at that as well! Everton are on tele at 5.30! How convenient! (Coincidence in all fairness I assume)

Noel Wheelan saying that he fancies Leeds to beat us tomorrow and a their fans disagreeing saying they've been lucky in their last 2 wins. Think if we can keep Antonucci quiet and win the midfield battle then we should win but as I've said... Expect a draw.

if you think that closing the DE will improve the BBE your sadly mistaken. Apart from the 2 upper corners, no one vocally supports the team. I can only speak for a few but there's no way that closing of a stand will get people back in the BBE. We moved to the Darwen End for a reason and that reason still stands. (as for having to move for some games... no one minds that)

Fully agree

In a meeting this week Alan Myers confirmed there are no plans to close the Darwen End next season.

Thank goodness for that

To be fair, the limitations of the human body are a heck of a lot higher than 3 x 90'minute football matches in a week.

To be fair it is not a case of just 3x 90min matches in a week, mental as well as physical fatigue plus match prep and training during the week take their toll then multiply that by the length of time without a break (i.e. 11 matches in 33 days).

Didn't we have a hectic schedule last time we got promoted. Souness just said if you're winning your legs don't notice the tiredness. We were always playing catchup that season but kept going

True but we had some very good footballers too....

Archived