BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2016/17

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good a thread as any:

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14575152.Rover_and_out_for_Blackburn__39_s_town_centre_store/?ref=mac

Shame, liked seeing a Rovers presence in the town centre, but 'we are where we are' etc etc.

"Fans' purchasing habits have changed".

Yes, people have stopped buying over-priced merchandise against a backdrop of Venkys ruining the club and ignoring the fans.

We used to go to the Brew Room every Saturday. When they sold Jordan Rhodes my lads were so unhappy they didn't want to go in, and so we had a mini silent protest. We got out of the habit and haven't been since.

I hope the people who worked there will be kept at Ewood but when you are cutting costs like Rovers are (despite Venkys huge wealth and love for the club) they'll probably sack local Blackburn people to pay thousands per week to some useless lump and a fee to his agent.

BREW ROOM CLOSURE:

The last time I went in was some 5'ish years ago.

I wore a Venkys 0% T-shirt and had a tornado of abuse from a Rovers fan standing by the counter.

After 3 - 4 minutes of abuse I asked him if his carer had nipped off for some respite from him. The said lad (one of the well known Rovers away bus trippers) thought about it for 30 seconds or so then shot off muttering to himself.

I don't expect the new gantry will be done. Probably just another one of those pointless window dressing initiatives dreamt up by some moron in India who has no idea about assembling a successful football club but wants their 'investment' to look better on TV.

Presumably the 'order' came through that they wanted the cameras moving to the other side but since then nobody has taken on responsibility for actually doing it, or indeed whether it is even feasible in such a stand.

From accounts I've heard other than the pitch being relayed Ewood has barely been touched since the end of last season. Basic jobs like repainting, new advertising boards, cleaning seats, power washing etc. are yet to be done, never mind the relocation of the TV gantry. The club seems to have lost sight of even the most basic of responsibilities.

Any more news on the supposed relocation of the jumbo screen to the JW/BBurn corner? Or the installation of the electronic advertising boards around the pitch which were supposed to be done this summer?

As far as I know the new gantry will be happening, although they haven't done it yet.

I was at the ground this afternoon looking at options for my new STs - there was plenty of activity in terms of painting and seat cleaning etc.

As Ben-2000 says there has never been a plan to move the TV screen.

At the last Forum the club were hopeful that electronic ad boards would be coming but there was no definite agreement.

"Fans' purchasing habits have changed".

Yes, people have stopped buying over-priced merchandise against a backdrop of Venkys ruining the club and ignoring the fans.

We used to go to the Brew Room every Saturday. When they sold Jordan Rhodes my lads were so unhappy they didn't want to go in, and so we had a mini silent protest. We got out of the habit and haven't been since.

I hope the people who worked there will be kept at Ewood but when you are cutting costs like Rovers are (despite Venkys huge wealth and love for the club) they'll probably sack local Blackburn people to pay thousands per week to some useless lump and a fee to his agent.

Actually the change in customer purchasing habits should read change in customer base as Venkys have halved the amount of fans we have! Another sign along with the extended renewal deadline for STs that fans are and have walked away.

Wonder if the penny's dropped yet to the powers that be?

BREW ROOM CLOSURE:

The last time I went in was some 5'ish years ago.

I wore a Venkys 0% T-shirt and had a tornado of abuse from a Rovers fan standing by the counter.

After 3 - 4 minutes of abuse I asked him if his carer had nipped off for some respite from him. The said lad (one of the well known Rovers away bus trippers) thought about it for 30 seconds or so then shot off muttering to himself.

I was in the Brew room a couple of months back, had a lovely steak sandwich and cup of coffee, staff brilliant.

Couldn't say the same for the staff in the club shop, both sat on their phones, stock poor and looked like it was on its way out.

All you can say about this, is Liverpool, Man Utd and City aren't closing shops because of different shopping habits, Blackburn town center has never seen as much 'footfall'.

Cost cutting due to lack of interest, simple economics.

I was in the Brew room a couple of months back, had a lovely steak sandwich and cup of coffee, staff brilliant.

Couldn't say the same for the staff in the club shop, both sat on their phones, stock poor and looked like it was on its way out.

All you can say about this, is Liverpool, Man Utd and City aren't closing shops because of different shopping habits, Blackburn town center has never seen as much 'footfall'.

Cost cutting due to lack of interest, simple economics.

Agreed Gav. There is so much spin and arse-saving propaganda going on that I'm not sure they even realise they are doing it.

Someone will have a pie chart that shows the percentage spend at both shops. The reduction in town centre use is the town's apathy towards the club. The Ewood club shop is probably fairly static because that's where all the diehards shop. Gives the impression of a swing away from town towards Ewood if spun correctly.

Agreed Gav. There is so much spin and arse-saving propaganda going on that I'm not sure they even realise they are doing it.

Someone will have a pie chart that shows the percentage spend at both shops. The reduction in town centre use is the town's apathy towards the club. The Ewood club shop is probably fairly static because that's where all the diehards shop. Gives the impression of a swing away from town towards Ewood if spun correctly.

The Ewood shop is the only realistic option for 'out of towners'. Call in on a match day.

The Ewood shop is the only realistic option for 'out of towners'. Call in on a match day.

Nothing has changed in town in the last 5 years though, Aggy. Apart from people have stopped going in.

We've had a presence in the town centre before under a few guises and even when the club was doing well it never lasted so no surprise at this one. It is however more a question of having a convenient place in town for fans to get tickets and merchandise etc and it should never have been about profit. Loose change from the sales of all those players in the last 12 months should subsidise it but that said there is no point paying people to sit on their arses I suppose.

As usual the most annoying thing is the bullshit and spin covering over the real reasons spewing out of the normally silent mouth of the latest number crunching stooge. Why not just tell the truth ?

Its an absolute refusal to address the reason for the terminal decline, just deal with consequences and spin the sh!t out of it. God forbid they should consider making an effort to win supporters back and start building bridges.

Are we in the land of panicking into signing players now I wonder ? If so then good it might have woke them up. Still can't see it being enough to sell more than 6/7k this time. Too many stupid and dodgy decisions have finally taken their toll on the loyal hardcore.

You can only treat normal British people like fools and peasants for so long before they turn around and bite you on the ass. Ask David Cameron :blink:

Are we in the land of panicking into signing players now I wonder ? If so then good it might have woke them up. Still can't see it being enough to sell more than 6/7k this time. Too many stupid and dodgy decisions have finally taken their toll on the loyal hardcore.

You can only treat normal British people like fools and peasants for so long before they turn around and bite you on the ass. Ask David Cameron :blink:

Oh for the halcyon days of last season and 12k season ticket holders. That was £3.5m in the budget at a rough guess. With the debt at £100m and rising I'd suggest the loss of £2m from season tickets is a right royal kick in the balls to them. "Quick Snowball bloke, quick oh Confused One, Quick Our Baz - let's sell that football club thingy - we're, wait for it, we're another 2 million pounds down!" - pause, pause some more..... The entire room erupts with laughter. Balaji.. "But that's just 2% Sis!" - Doris... "Good sums our kid, like I give a flyer!"

Cause it just doesn't hurt them. They'll write it off. Or the BoI will on their behalf - on the strength of the Raos other wealth which is acting as a guarantor I presume. Unless there's oil under that there Riverside.

I did think they must have an oil well in the grounds of Pune towers such is peoples assumption of their never ending personal cash flow rather than what shows up in their business accounts.

But yes it probably won't bother them much as they'll happily let this team play in an empty stadium whilst thousands of miles away they occasionally indulge in a spot of real life football manager when the mood takes.

I can't explain it away Phil. Someone's got the debt covered surely? And it sure as hell ain't BRFC, Brockhall and Ewood. Nor is it all the fantastic players were about to sell off I keep reading, like Hanley and, really, erm, er.... 'Cause Duffy is crap as JAL tells us all the time, despite never watching him, and Marshall is such a good winger he plays at right back. So I'll give you 10m for all 3 please. Add that to the 3m of ST sales and all of a sudden the Raos have recouped nearly all their money haven't they?

Pulled within a month with that spacing, then you'll look like a Rochdale fan.

MG13 RFC.

JB, I will be legal. I drive carefully, never get wound up when driving even when cut up by numpties, and am v good wth speed limits.

I will post an image when fitted to the motor.

Come on the Dale ;-)

JB, I will be legal. I drive carefully, never get wound up when driving even when cut up by numpties, and am v good wth speed limits.

I will post an image when fitted to the motor.

Come on the Dale ;-)

You misunderstand, if you drive on motorways with that spacing on a number plate you'll never last - they'll pull you even if your abiding by every other law.

I can't explain it away Phil. Someone's got the debt covered surely? And it sure as hell ain't BRFC, Brockhall and Ewood. Nor is it all the fantastic players were about to sell off I keep reading, like Hanley and, really, erm, er.... 'Cause Duffy is crap as JAL tells us all the time, despite never watching him, and Marshall is such a good winger he plays at right back. So I'll give you 10m for all 3 please. Add that to the 3m of ST sales and all of a sudden the Raos have recouped nearly all their money haven't they?

They and their associates are up to something for sure but they ain't as daft as they look or act when it come to the money issue is my take on it. They certainly are when it comes to running the football side though.

Archived