BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Away - 9Th April

Wolves away on Saturday.

abiding memories in recent years:

- I am still waiting for my free pie from the Venky's;

- Grant Hanley losing his head and giving away a goal;

- The Rao bro's lording it in the stand opposite and waving at the Rovers fans as if we were their subjects;

- Being asked to speak-up by a Wolves meathead (he wanted to see if I was fair game for a punching) who him self spoke like Jasper Carrot with a hot stick up his jacksee;

- the Rovers fan in front of me last season (on the front row in front of stewards) who was snorting coke during the game and was abusing fans for not singing a rude song about Burnley.

I can't wait.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't we queue for ages?

If memory serves me right, I gave up but you stayed and there were none left.

See you there.

Yep, 200+ plus miles return and no pie.

going by train this time.....I get free 1st class travel at weekends, no drinkies but a nice seat with free Wi-Fi.

I bet anyone who got one of those pies wishes they'd kept it now. It will go down in history as the absolute highlight of Venkys reign at Rovers.

Wolves 3 Rovers 0 - Another sending off, probably Akpan or Steeles turn this week and probably an early pen conceded.

To be honest I have no confidence that we will win another match for the rest of the season. We now only have Simeon Jackson and (God help us) Chris Brown to back up Danny Graham and if anything happens to him we are completely stuffed.

Do we out of desperation have to get Delfouneso back from loan?

Big issue for me is the speculation about Lambert's future and the impact that has on the players. Can only see this having an adverse impact and I am therefore going for another depressing Rovers' loss.

• Backroom

Come on the draw!

Come on and end this season already!

Sick of predicting losses and being right but it's another one of those days.

Still back Lambert but it's hard to ever expect us to pull off a result away from home.

Yep, 200+ plus miles return and no pie.

going by train this time.....I get free 1st class travel at weekends, no drinkies but a nice seat with free Wi-Fi.

That's sounds alright. How do you wangle that? Do you have to wife swap with Richard B?

Few of us going down although I'm not sure why we're bothering. To a man we've pretty much lost our passion for the club and are only going as a excuse for a lads day out. As always we will have a good crack beforehand but the 90 minutes will be by far the worst thing about the day. Always is these days.

An example of where I'm at personally with the club when we scored vs Preston last week I could barely be bothered clapping let alone cheer the goal a far cry from when I chipped my tooth falling down several rows from over exuberant celebrations at Newcastle away when Derbyshire scored think it was.

And judging by the one page the day before a game I'm guessing more than a few are as apathetic as I am.

Few of us going down although I'm not sure why we're bothering. To a man we've pretty much lost our passion for the club and are only going as a excuse for a lads day out. As always we will have a good crack beforehand but the 90 minutes will be by far the worst thing about the day. Always is these days.

An example of where I'm at personally with the club when we scored vs Preston last week I could barely be bothered clapping let alone cheer the goal a far cry from when I chipped my tooth falling down several rows from over exuberant celebrations at Newcastle away when Derbyshire scored think it was.

And judging by the one page the day before a game I'm guessing more than a few are as apathetic as I am.

Interesting. I would have said I shared a similar malaise. But things can surprise you. When we were at Brentford, those celebrations were pretty good.

If only those stupid, ignorant, arrogant *****s from Pune tried just a little bit, it wouldn't be that hard to generate some real passion again....

Wolves away on Saturday.

abiding memories in recent years:

- I am still waiting for my free pie from the Venky's;

- Grant Hanley losing his head and giving away a goal;

- The Rao bro's lording it in the stand opposite and waving at the Rovers fans as if we were their subjects;

- Being asked to speak-up by a Wolves meathead (he wanted to see if I was fair game for a punching) who him self spoke like Jasper Carrot with a hot stick up his jacksee;

- the Rovers fan in front of me last season (on the front row in front of stewards) who was snorting coke during the game and was abusing fans for not singing a rude song about Burnley.

I can't wait.

The first time I ever visited Wolverhampton a riot van pulled up outside the local 'spoons and soon afterwards an old drunken sailor was dragged out.

I soon discovered why - the cheapest ale was on offer at £1.20 a pint. ^_^

Meanwhile fast forward 12 years to the cruel cruel present day. 2-1 to Wolves.

If you're paying PB we could fill a coach! :lol:

Some chance. Like the Venky's I am asset rich rather than cash rich

That's sounds alright. How do you wangle that? Do you have to wife swap with Richard B?

I travel to London most weeks and get to join the Traveller Club; you get free first class travel for two people from noon Friday to Monday am every weekend. I use it for trips to Edinburgh with the missus and Rovers away games on the beer.

Archived