BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

18 minutes ago, mcflash said:

After that is time to go after these owners. It's the time to make the protests count, to get the media involved. We have to look at every angle to get rid of the owners. Surely there are areas of their business where they have been less than impeccable. We need to find out about these things and put them front and centre as reasons why they should not own our football club. We need to find out if they are helping to make the environment poor by poor work practices, treating employees badly etc.

Problem is Flash;

There is a 6-7k amount of fans quite happy to watch another relegation and yet do nothing. Protests would completely seize if those 6k left every week showed enough fight as your initial posts suggested but sadly they don't other than largely on some quartets show contempt for those that do. No one wants to be in this position as it isn't ideal. People could pack Ewood to the tune of 15k every week if they knew everyone was fighting the same fight.

What is stopping these fans some which form this "6k" writing to the FA or MPS? Holding a red card up? Maybe speaking to ex sponsors why the ground looks souless and sponsorless these days and then finding out why they won't come back? Research questions and get involved in community based groups on there door steps finding out more? 

It's a bury the head in the sand approach from some whilst on the other hand i see passionate fans some boycotting some attending but behind the scenes there is some truly amazing work taking place. People better brace themselves for 6 million worth of cuts this summer to the wage bill as the club seems unable to actively fill any commercial role out adequately forcing cuts to take place far more severely. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Good post. But we are still back to the problem of how to do these things. Things are now at a stage where we are relying on MPs putting pressure on the FA.

Interesting point about looking at their business practises but how do you even find this kind of thing out? And then, who do you tell? A prime example is the on-going rumour/allegations about Pasha's work permit status. The fact that minutes of a meeting in which Pasha's employment was allegedly confirmed will not be published and the Football League don't want to know when a fan reported the club's position. The local radio and paper are seemingly in the pocket of the club and won't publish anything that will put pressure on the board or owners. The national papers are apparently gagged - or just not interested. So who next? Interpol? It would need to be something pretty serious, of Ali Sayed proportions.

If there is an immigration issue then you should contact Immigration enforcement. Not having a work permit would fall under their authority.

I can talk to you by pm about the other stuff at a later date. I'm too busy to be involved at this moment in time but I should have some time around June to maybe get involved.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Problem is Flash;

There is a 6-7k amount of fans quite happy to watch another relegation and yet do nothing. Protests would completely seize if those 6k left every week showed enough fight as your initial posts suggested but sadly they don't other than largely on some quartets show contempt for those that do. No one wants to be in this position as it isn't ideal. People could pack Ewood to the tune of 15k every week if they knew everyone was fighting the same fight.

What is stopping these fans some which form this "6k" writing to the FA or MPS? Holding a red card up? Maybe speaking to ex sponsors why the ground looks souless and sponsorless these days and then finding out why they won't come back? Research questions and get involved in community based groups on there door steps finding out more? 

It's a bury the head in the sand approach from some whilst on the other hand i see passionate fans some boycotting some attending but behind the scenes there is some truly amazing work taking place. People better brace themselves for 6 million worth of cuts this summer to the wage bill as the club seems unable to actively fill any commercial role out adequately forcing cuts to take place far more severely. 

Yes. I hate to puncture the new enthusiasm for Rovers now we are showing signs of making the great escape. After all we are overdue some good tidings.

But Cheston and Senior have their orders and the team that takes the field next season will be very different from this one and cheaper.

The dumbing down has not ceased, in fact it will intensify. Easy to overlook this with a few good results.

We will never see our Rovers again so long as Venkys remain.

8 hours ago, Gav said:

Did Allan Evans score late on for them to make it 1-1? definitely went to a replay which we lost.

I think we got done last minute the year before away at Anfield also, a certain Kenny Dalglish possibly.

My ageing memory banks think Geddis scored for Villa to put them 1 up and we equalised from a near post corner taken by  Noel B skimming off the head of Allan Evans over the Villa keeper into the top of the far corner of the net. Vivid recall but I could be totally wrong. I saw a lot of games those seasons. I got to the Villa Park replay.

Are you thinking of the FA Cup 3rd round in 1983 lost 1-2 at Ewood. Garner scored a brilliant goal for us and we cpuld easily have won that day against the then mighty 'pool. 

Back on Thread:

#VENKYS OUT

#PASHAOUT

#CHESTONOUT

SENIOR - Pretty sure its an OUT but a good at least  for now managerial appointment has thrown a spanner.

COYB

7 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Problem is Flash;

Exactly my thoughts.

13 hours ago, Doug said:

Although I agree there are a number boycotting, 10,000 is a ridiculous number.

IMO 8,000 - 9000 are lost until we are successful again.

Those of us old enough to remember the sub 6000 gates in the dark days, ask the question..... where were the missing 15,000 then?

A lot of football fans are fickle, they associate themselves with success, but leave when the bad times come along.

I know a number of people in Bolton who bought ST's when we won the prem.....but haven't been to Ewood for over 15 years.

I would say this is a very accurate post. Of all the people I know, that is within my broad social circle, who used to be regulars and no longer attend not one has ever used the words boycott or protest. 

Many will complain about the Venkys but no more than that. 

From above I'm excluding those from BRFCS who I count as friends because of the circumstances which surround those.  From that circle I know three people who have actively refused to buy STs and do not attend. Everyone else I know from here is still there every week and all are very, very well informed people  

There's no doubt 10,000, perhaps even 15,000, are missing but to suggest all are boycotting is a long way from reality. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Big difference. If no Rovers fans went I can guarantee you that it would be reported on Sky sports news. Whereas if it is 25% full it will not be reported. 

I called for it last seasons end as a clear statement from fans enough is enough and send out a warning sign of things to come.  Not many wanted to know it's a bizarre thing how many will want to turn up just to wave goodbye to the championship and applaud off a bunch of mostly uninterested under achievers to their summer holidays yet a lot will then knock it on the head next season and not come again anyway.

Boycott one game for gods sake, your making a statement not committing a crime against being a football fan.

As I've said at least 3 times before a hundred or more people spread around the ground sat on the steps of the gangways would take 3 stewards/coppers each to remove and there just aren't that many police in Blackburn.

I also believe the match would have to be halted on safety grounds if the exits are blocked by people on the steps?

Peaceful but effective and difficult to plan for.

On protests there is no point due to the divisiveness of the fan base/support. There is too much in fighting and there is noting united about the fans. That is the biggest problem. Empty stadia might send out a message but non renewing of season tickets for next year is the biggest.

Every supporter who has already renewed I say good luck to them but you have been ripped off by the shysters. I cannot imagine not many fans will be walking onto weekend/midweek matches and being charged £25 for the price of it. The home support will be diminished by at least another 3000 or more.

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

On protests there is no point due to the divisiveness of the fan base/support. There is too much in fighting and there is noting united about the fans. That is the biggest problem. Empty stadia might send out a message but non renewing of season tickets for next year is the biggest.

Every supporter who has already renewed I say good luck to them but you have been ripped off by the shysters. I cannot imagine not many fans will be walking onto weekend/midweek matches and being charged £25 for the price of it. The home support will be diminished by at least another 3000 or more.

So protests are pointless because the fan base is divided then you drive another wedge between the supporters.

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say support the players 110% until relegation is confirmed. Something needs to be done after this though. What has gone on here over the past 6 years is a stain on football. 

You're right but sadly no one cares (Rovers fans aside)

Imagine the national media uproar and FA/Premier league Action if it was Man Utd and not us.

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Big difference. If no Rovers fans went I can guarantee you that it would be reported on Sky sports news. Whereas if it is 25% full it will not be reported. 

shame it would never happen tho, as much as I'd like to see an empty stadium and everyone outside the ground it will never happen. 

Group of Rovers fans did some sponsorship at the alaves v espanyol game at the weekend.

Love Rovers

Hate Venkys

Displayed on the big screen, picture to follow I'm sure.

Lads I salute you 

Archived