BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Not Selling Rovers

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That statement is complete and utter @#/?.

Seneca were kind enough to show me what they sent both to Pune and also to Cheston/Pasha.

They will be responding to this within next day or so.

Your initial responce aimed at me has been deleted, but there was no need, if thats what you feel its fine, im not easily offended.

But i have to ask, why where the offer documents even shown to you in the first place, just hearing that set bells off with me, at best it seems a naive unprofessional move of them to have made and at worst it was quite a manipulative thing to do and they used you.

Went on the Telegraph's website.

Several fans saying "yes Venkys made mistakes but willing to put it right," "it shows they're committed" etc.

What planet are they on. All fans should be protesting at this in whatever form possible (debate on what this looks like & disagreement on this is fair enough.). Somehow it seems like Stockholm Syndrome has infected a decent number of fans, and I don't get how anyone can be accepting of the shambles our owners have made us. Disagree on how we deal with it, perhaps, but not being outraged and wanting Venkys out is a very strange response.

Great article in the LT today:

But some are giving people the giggles more so than others and here are an example of those that have been causing the most blushing.

1. Bell End near Lickey End

2. Brown Willy, Cornwall

3. Boggy Bottom, Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire

4. Twatt, Orkney

5. Nob End, South Lancashire

6. Fanny Barks, Durham

7. Scratchy Bottom, Dorset

8. Minge Lane, Worcestershire

9. Dicks Mount, Suffolk

10. Crotch Crescent, Oxford

If you are thinking these are funny sounding place names they are not; they are all descriptions of the Venky's.

It took them a long time to come across this media report. It's been out for three weeks. Then they wait until four days after the reported offer expired to reject it ever happened!

Does somebody pull together newspaper clippings in a scrap book for them and present it once a month?

Let's face it, their position is not really a surprise. Why would any rational people continue with their failed pet project when offered an alternative?

The only rational explanation is that the alternative is a worse position for them to be in. Now why might that be? Because it is not plausible for one second that they care about the club or its "advancement" whatever the @#/? that means.

Of course the alternative is that they are completely devoid of rational thought.

Either way, we are stuck with this lot until the club ceases to exist.

Went on the Telegraph's website.

Several fans saying "yes Venkys made mistakes but willing to put it right," "it shows they're committed" etc.

What planet are they on. All fans should be protesting at this in whatever form possible (debate on what this looks like & disagreement on this is fair enough.). Somehow it seems like Stockholm Syndrome has infected a decent number of fans, and I don't get how anyone can be accepting of the shambles our owners have made us. Disagree on how we deal with it, perhaps, but not being outraged and wanting Venkys out is a very strange response.

They're not fans. They're lick spittles and fools. Complete muppets who have swallowed the lies and the rubbish the Raos have put out. It is just like 1984, when the TV announces a 'rise' of chocolate rations when it actually fell. Josef Goebbels would have loved these idiots.

Well they are going to support the club - so lets look forward to a huge transfer kitty - lol.

Very disappointed that they have dismissed the Seneca bid in such a way - time for them to go public with the details of what they offered the owners.

Brownie is technically correct with what he says, joint ownership is 50/50 and nothing else. However semantics aside the statement comes across as somewhat graceless as it conveys the general impression that no approach at all was received which presumably isn't cprrect. The classy way to deal with it would have been to acknowledge receipt of the interest and thank the interested parties but say the Club wasn't for sale at this time etc.

Poor ettiquette apart though, I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised or getting so steamed up. There was surely zero chance of this proposal as we've seen it presented being of interest. You're a family worth 4 billion. (According to Nick Harris). Why would you consider handing over control of the Club to guys with relatively limited access (60m) to a tranche of other people's money?

Your inirial responce aimed at me has been deleted, but thwre was no need, if thats the we you feel its fine, im not easily offended.

But i have to ask, why where the offer documents even shown to you in the first place, just hearing that set bells off with me, at best it seems a naive unprofessional move of them to have made and at worst it was quite a manipulative thing to do and they used you.

Maybe they were quietly confident that they would receive the reaction they got?

The response from Seneca will be interesting. I would be delighted if there was some consequence for Venkys.

Your inirial responce aimed at me has been deleted, but thwre was no need, if thats the we you feel its fine, im not easily offended.

Blimy you have a go at people for not being grown up yet you can't even reply in grown up language.

Basically the Venky's are saying Nixon, Kamy and the BBC are lying. That should please them.

Obviously not worried about upsetting people in high places (or low places depending on how you view it)

• Backroom

Attached is a handy A4 brochure to include in your empty season ticket renewals pack. Feel free to use.

gl0HNKK.jpg

I like this good idea

So the question is why lie about receiving a bid?

It is totally within their rights to turn down any bids for the club, a simple "thanks for the offer but no thanks" statement would have disappointed us fans, but had been forgotten about relatively shortly.

However, to lie about something we know exists puts it in a whole new light. This could be one of the worst moves they have made.

So the question is why lie about receiving a bid?

It is totally within their rights to turn down any bids for the club, a simple "thanks for the offer but no thanks" statement would have disappointed us fans, but had been forgotten about relatively shortly.

However, to lie about something we know exists puts it in a whole new light. This could be one of the worst moves they have made.

Or it will be pulled from the website like the Shaw investigation article and pretend it never existed, obviously forgetting about screen grabs

Well they are going to support the club - so lets look forward to a huge transfer kitty - lol.

Very disappointed that they have dismissed the Seneca bid in such a way - time for them to go public with the details of what they offered the owners.

Where are they transfering the huge Kitty to? Mrs D loves her pussy

I'm not defending them just trying to get round their wording as they offer was quite obviously made

Well I suppose if they did not actually own us or the shares they would be telling the truth, sort off

A statement from the club regarding the reports of a joint ownership proposal from Seneca has left fans dismayed and confused.

The short statement starts by saying there is no truth in the media reports that they have received a proposal and continues with a promise that they "have no intention of selling or diluting our stake in any manner".

Kamy, (@NorthernRover), known to have good contacts in both Venky's and Seneca soon responded on Twitter with "That statement of no proposal from Seneca is complete and utter @#/?. Can't say anymore as Seneca will be responding themselves soon" and former BRFC Action Group Chairman Glen Mullan (@glen9mullan) stated "Very strange @Rovers statement given Seneca and @RoversTrust have both confirmed bid for part ownership of club has been submitted".

The reaction from less-well connected fans fans been understandably angry, with Blue Blood posting on the BRFCS forums "Wow didn't think they could generate more anger than by rejecting it but again Venkys plumb new depths. Denying the bid happened makes them look even more clueless and stupid."

The statement can be read in full at http://www.rovers.co...rs-3124381.aspx

Click here to view the article

Archived