SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owen Coyle: Poll

Coyle  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Coyle as a manager?

• Yes
    • No

Saw him in his blacked out Range Rover on the A59 about 5:20PM yesterday. Gave him the middle fingered salute.

Has he still got the house near the tip down Henthorn Road in Clitheroe?, free range eggs on standby if so...

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He used to live there now near northcote manor on a59. But dunno if he still owns it.

Damien Johnson used to live on henthorn road as well. Roy Hodgson used to live by the library. Think le saux lived in the town as well. It's like a the budget east Lancs football people equivalent of one of those Hollywood celeb house tours.

Been contemplating this since he was appointed.. tis a sad state of affairs but given where we are what we have to play with (no money no squad etc..) it may work, a dodgy dealer no matter how much I hate the fracker is probably not a bad choice for the club.....

Under the frackin chicken farmers ain't like we are are going anywhere but down these days.

My club now managed by a man I hate with a passion, a board of directors that do not exist, a squad that cant even fill the requirements for a match day squad and owners who I want to burn slowly with rubber tyres and the whole nine yards.... I love our club these days.

He used to live there now near northcote manor on a59. But dunno if he still owns it.

Damien Johnson used to live on henthorn road as well. Roy Hodgson used to live by the library. Think le saux lived in the town as well. It's like a the budget east Lancs football people equivalent of one of those Hollywood celeb house tours.

Hodgson and le saux both lived in waddingon, le saux by the stream and hodgson behind the lower buck. Damien Johnson lived in chatburn. Henning Berg lived above the sports injury clinic next to clitheroe library. Used to see them all in clitheroe at various times. Ive bumped into Duff, Jansen, Gillespie, Filan and Sutton in various supermarkets at different times.

for Christ sake? er was not talking to you...but if the cap fits...its simple to me now ..buying tickets is condoning what venkys are doing to us.

I've not followed a lot of this as I struggle to keep up with threads as they move on pretty quickly due to the squabbling :)

I have a question on the above though. Am I right in assuming you're not going to any more games from now on Abbey? I completely understand this stance and it's one that people have taken over the last couple of years. I do wonder though what you would have said if someone had said the same to you last season. That by attending last year you were condoning Venkys. Im pretty sure you would have had some pretty strong words.

I think people have different limits. Some stopped going a few years ago, some stopped going this year and no doubt some will stop going next year or the years after. People shouldn't have to justify when they choose to stop attending as you shouldn't.

The straw has broken the camels with the lambert saga. I won't be commenting on games I don't see which riled yes . There was slight hope when lambert was here and now we have our noses rubbed in it with ultimate dry rogering with coyle .

It's not something I am doing lighty as for over 45 years rovers has been my life . The ignorance of ignoring the two Ian's and the appointing of kean2 showed me that they have declared war on fans .

But if you read the board before trying to wind me up you would understand this

Abbey, there was no intention to try to wind you up. It's an attempt to get some actual debate going to see where people have reached there limits and what has pushed them over the edge.

The appointment of Lambert gave me some real hope that they had learnt from their earlier mistakes. We actually got a manager in position who had a good reputation. However it was a massive false dawn. It was the one chance they had to actually do something right and they botched it massively!

Will I set foot in Ewood this season?? It's very very doubtful.

I think a lot of people will see the latest appointment as the final straw.

Apparently Blackburn is not in a good position due to foreign ownership and being about a $150 million in the hole with supporters demanding the club be sold might be an interesting club to follow to see what happens

There is a part of me that is annoyed by Coyle to Blackburn as it means the story last week of why he is leaving was total BS.

The other part of me says, "why do I care? I'm just glad to see the back of him."

K - who wants to the start the first "Will Bruin or Giles Barnes linked to Blackburn" rumors?

Quotes from Houston Dynamos forum

Langho Colony - quite fitting really.

Saw him in his blacked out Range Rover on the A59 about 5:20PM yesterday. Gave him the middle fingered salute.

.....but how did you know it wer him J*B, if it wer blacked out? :blink:

I've not followed a lot of this as I struggle to keep up with threads as they move on pretty quickly due to the squabbling :)

I have a question on the above though. Am I right in assuming you're not going to any more games from now on Abbey? I completely understand this stance and it's one that people have taken over the last couple of years. I do wonder though what you would have said if someone had said the same to you last season. That by attending last year you were condoning Venkys. Im pretty sure you would have had some pretty strong words.

I think people have different limits. Some stopped going a few years ago, some stopped going this year and no doubt some will stop going next year or the years after. People shouldn't have to justify when they choose to stop attending as you shouldn't.

Good post Ricky.

I bought a ticket when Lambo showed up. Now I've walked away again.

There is no dividing line between 'hard core'/'part timer'. We are a mix of different individuals. I have a mate who comes down from Edinburgh for half a dozen games and towards the end of the season I was queuing on the Riverside concourse at half time behind four blokes from Norway.

Langho Colony - quite fitting really.

.....but how did you know it wer him J*B, if it wer blacked out? :blink:

It's illegal to have the front window blacked out...

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/171276-owen-coyle/#entry6170716

Would be a fairly popular appointment looking at their forum

'Plays attacking football' 

'Club needs his energy and enthusiasm'

'His record stands up to anybody else'

Obviously the stand out candidate then!

Why on earth do they think that, when none of those points are true?

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

At heart, I loathed Owen Coyle by the half way point of his tenure. Or a Heart of Midlothian as I used to call it.

Good play with words that, although I had to read it twice to get it.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/171276-owen-coyle/#entry6170716

Would be a fairly popular appointment looking at their forum

'Plays attacking football' 

'Club needs his energy and enthusiasm'

'His record stands up to anybody else'

Obviously the stand out candidate then!

That's gold! Feel for them. Read Paulo Sergio has applied so him or Coyle I can see being favourites

Archived