SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owen Coyle: Poll

Coyle  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Coyle as a manager?

• Yes
    • No

Right well by those arguments I quit my job and refuse to pay taxes because I'm so against the Tory government! Walking away will make a negligible difference to or decline IMO, the only difference is your voice should go with it.

You posted asking the admin to close your account. I "liked" your post and you've let me down again

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't fathom this mindset;

Boycotting will get rid of Venkys.

If someone like to explain how it works for me, with facts and figures, examples of other clubs and scenarios etc maybe then I could see it. Problem is, there is no precedent to this working - namely because there is no precedent to this type of ridiculous ownership.

As I said before. Unless you've got the cash to buy it, what other choice is there? Make the personal decision to stop supporting the club, but don't dress it up as an attempt to rid the club of the owners.

I will be supporting the team. Coyle or not.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?... no its superfan, da da da!!

Coyle has said today on camera during TV interview at Ewood he has not heard of SEM.

David Conn again...saves going back over previous pages. I guess someone on Twitter could check with Conn...

"If City was a frustrated project for Anderson he will believe he can help improve Blackburn post-Allardyce as another of his clients, Owen Coyle, is transforming Bolton Wanderers. January beckons, and if Desai financially backs signing new players – she has said Kean will make the football decisions – Anderson will fancy his prospects of advising shrewdly. Football will be watching carefully, though, to see whether Blackburn's recruitment includes a roster of SEM clients."

From The Wanderer.co,uk re court case

The famous Manny Road blog
Bolton Wanderers news and views you won't read in the papers…

Phil Gartside: “A Cheat, a Liar and a Fraudster”
Wednesday November 9th, 2011

Gavin McCann. Not a name to make you sit up and take notice, although he was a solid enough performer for the most part. Yet if allegations surrounding his signing prove to be true, the midfielder may emerge as a highly significant figure in the history of Bolton Wanderers.

Jerome Anderson. Head of SEM

The decision to sign McCann was taken by Sam Allardyce, and the deal was brokered by Tony McGill, a football agent of eleven years standing, who was more recently involved in the transaction that took James Milner from Aston Villa to Manchester City and Stephen Ireland in the opposite direction.

McGill had meetings with then first team coach Ricky Sbragia and scouts Dave Worthington and Jack Chapman, all of whom were in agreement that the signing was a suitable one. After Allardyce left, it was decided to press ahead, with new general manager Frank McParland handling the detail. In all, the process took over six months.

So far, so ordinary, but then McGill describes what appears to be a strange turn of events, in which Bolton chairman Phil Gartside took a central role.

“The night before the deal I got a call off Gavin McCann to say there’s another agent doing the deal. The night before, I couldn’t believe it,” he says.

“Gartside said to my solicitor that he did the deal himself, there was no other agent involved. I went to court, to get all the legal documents because Bolton wouldn’t give us any information.

“I then went to court and got disclosure, then discovered that Gartside had employed another agency to work on behalf of Bolton to do what, nobody knows. He paid them £300,000. For nothing. For doing absolutely no work at all. ”

According to McGill, his protests led to further questionable behaviour.

“When I complained, somebody altered the contract date to backdate it a week, to show that they’d done some work. We’ve got a photocopy of the document, where the date’s been changed to backdate it, because contracts have to be lodged before the event and this wasn’t.

“And, the agency concerned used an unlicensed agent to do the deal – Dave Sheron. He went to Bolton, the day he signed to do the deal. There was nothing to do.”

Owen Coyle. Jerome Anderson's client

The agency was SEM – Sport, Entertainment and Media Group. SEM is headed by Jerome Anderson, who was associated with Manchester City during Thaksin Shinawatra’s ownership of that club and with the Venky’s takeover at Blackburn Rovers. He’s also Owen Coyle’s agent.

• Backroom

Coyle has said today on camera during TV interview at Ewood he has not heard of SEM.

Even if he's claiming he has no involvement with them now, it's preposterous for him to state he hasn't heard of them. As far as telling the truth goes, it looks like Coyle is starting as he means to go on, unless he's been mis-quoted.

Even if he's claiming he has no involvement with them now, it's preposterous for him to state he hasn't heard of them. As far as telling the truth goes, it looks like Coyle is starting as he means to go on, unless he's been mis-quoted.

You can hear him say it on the BBC lancashire video of the interview. I saw it in their FB page

They'd suffer extreme humiliation back in India. They'd take notice alright.

£120m in debt due to their ownership

They're name plastered all over the press for being useless

36,000 tweets asking for "venkysout"

Relegation to a division no one ever talks about

"Venkys" is a by word for incompetence in this country now

Stitched up like kippers by Agents

Just look at the state of Barry Venky

They do humiliation very well. I doubt an empty stadium will bother them in the scheme of things, nor anyone in India.

They've all gone into full denial mode now regarding agents and SEM etc. No one has even heard of them or each other, Jerome must have retired because his memory banks have been wiped

'Owen who ?'

When this happens there is usually a good reason, it's called a cover up and another blatant divide and conquer tactic. Fans now arguing over who they believe on twitter. Why would you believe anything the likes of Anderson says or an egg on twiiter ?

Some people eh, no wonder the country is such a walk over these days.

They've all gone into full denial mode now regarding agents and SEM etc. No one has even heard of them or each other, Jerome must have retired because his memory banks have been wiped

According to Anderson's former NW_SEM rovers supporter he is 90% retired, fingers crossed its not health related, that tantric dancing takes it out of you.

According to Anderson's former NW_SEM rovers supporter he is 90% retired, fingers crossed its not health related, that tantric dancing takes it out of you.

It's what he does with that other 10% I'm interested in :blink:

How's that then Stuart? How will absolutely no one turning up make massive waves and encourage them to listen let alone sell? Cause from where I'm sat they don't give a flying toss either way how many are there. 6k ST holders next season? £1.8m in revenues. 12k (dreamland I'd suggest) £3.6m. It's nothing. It doesn't hurt them. We're between £100m and £120m in debt and still they don't listen to anyone or make the right moves.

I totally understand that people no longer want to attend. I get all reasons behind that, of course I do. What I haven't seen yet is anyone explaining how this is going to hurt Venkys?

Don't bring me into this. I'm as undecided on the whole boycotting thing as the next man!

That said, there's no precedent for any of this which means there is no wrong answer.

Don't bring me into this. I'm as undecided on the whole boycotting thing as the next man!

That said, there's no precedent for any of this which means there is no wrong answer.

Couldn't agree more Stuart. At the end of the day it's an individual choice and no matter how much argument goes on here it is unlikely that anyone is going to change their mind at this point. Those who have made the decision to renew will do so and those who have made the decision to boycott will do so, no doubt with a very heavy heart. As long as everyone respects the decision that each individual has made there shouldn't be a problem or an issue.

"Don't know who that company is".... That's just a blatant lie. We could point to loads of articles that says he was a client of SEM.

Lies have begun already. If he'd have come out and said he was represented by SEM previously and named his current agent then fine - that denial is just clearly untrue.

This appointment didn't look right, it's certainly beginning to not sound right either!

Just like I have no agent Appleton, he did it all himself you know apart from his lawyer doing the legals. Hmmm...

Owen Keapp would be a nice new name for him, question is which one will he outlast ? Do Venkys even know he's here ? They didn't seem to with Appy .

"Don't know who that company is".... That's just a blatant lie. We could point to loads of articles that says he was a client of SEM.

Lies have begun already. If he'd have come out and said he was represented by SEM previously and named his current agent then fine - that denial is just clearly untrue.

This appointment didn't look right, it's certainly beginning to not sound right either!

Jimmy SEM themselves have said they are not representing him on Twitter.

Archived