Coyle  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Coyle as a manager?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so much sworn duty but a love for a football club. Regardless of anything else that what it is, a passion for a sport, a place and a team.

Dress it up as you will, but those supporters are unwittingly contributing to the death of this club with their blind loyalty.

Well you would, you haven't been near in years yet you're out the woodwork on here as soon as there's anything fresh to moan about!

There has been no other line of editorial at Ewood since 2010. It's been a bloody disgrace

Sniff............it's coffee

Dress it up as you will, but those supporters are unwittingly contributing to the death of this club with their blind loyalty.

I can't fathom this mindset;

Boycotting will get rid of Venkys.

If someone like to explain how it works for me, with facts and figures, examples of other clubs and scenarios etc maybe then I could see it. Problem is, there is no precedent to this working - namely because there is no precedent to this type of ridiculous ownership.

As I said before. Unless you've got the cash to buy it, what other choice is there? Make the personal decision to stop supporting the club, but don't dress it up as an attempt to rid the club of the owners.

I will be supporting the team. Coyle or not.

18 people backing him. Shameful.

Not quite true, the poll was "Do you want Coyle as a manager" not do you back Coyle as manager

Personally No I didn't want him as manager, do I back him, lets wait and see what he does, do I want Rovers to win every game and get promoted Yes

Not quite true, the poll was "Do you want Coyle as a manager" not do you back Coyle as manager

Personally No I didn't want him as manager, do I back him, lets wait and see , do I want Rovers to win every game and get promoted Yes

Wanting him = backing the appointment, in my eyes.

Likelihood of promotion ?

• Backroom

If someone like to explain how it works for me, with facts and figures, examples of other clubs and scenarios etc maybe then I could see it. Problem is, there is no precedent to this working - namely because there is no precedent to this type of ridiculous ownership.

As I said before. Unless you've got the cash to buy it, what other choice is there? Make the personal decision to stop supporting the club, but don't dress it up as an attempt to rid the club of the owners.

Attending or not is irrelevant at this moment in time, as far as helping the club goes. Venky's do not care a jot about the fans opinions or actions, that much is obvious from the last 6 years. The only difference is that those who have walked away are no longer contributing to Venky's/SEM financially. Whether they need that finance is debatable. It certainly doesn't seem like it.

Rather than attend or not, the question should be how do we as fans - whether we're going to the matches or not - remove these parasites from power? What can we do that hasn't already been tried?

Eh? Put your teeth back in. We all need to walk away. Sub 3k crowds would make massive waves. Sadly it won't happen.

How's that then Stuart? How will absolutely no one turning up make massive waves and encourage them to listen let alone sell? Cause from where I'm sat they don't give a flying toss either way how many are there. 6k ST holders next season? £1.8m in revenues. 12k (dreamland I'd suggest) £3.6m. It's nothing. It doesn't hurt them. We're between £100m and £120m in debt and still they don't listen to anyone or make the right moves.

I totally understand that people no longer want to attend. I get all reasons behind that, of course I do. What I haven't seen yet is anyone explaining how this is going to hurt Venkys?

That's not the way I see it , but everyone different

I think the chances of promotion are very slim

First season fight for mid table, staying above the drop, if he lasts and who he brings in player wise will give us a good measure what might happen in the second season.

I would presume that he and his/their advisor have sold a two year plan to them, it will be interesting to see if the loons have bought into it fully by what if any funds they release.

Maybe if the current poll was saved and a new one regarding backing him was put up, it would be interesting to compare, maybe options

Back Him

Wait and See

Don't back

Past caring

Empty stadiums are terrible publicity for the club, hence why they're trying to pack people into JW and moving the TV cameras). There's no way the club's spin doctors can dismiss boycotters as a fringe group when there's only Birdy left in the stand.

A sustained approach of mass boycotts would definitely be a step in the right direction, but will it happen? Nope. In the end, fans will tell themselves whatever lies they need to justify attending. It's already happening. Case in point, the last part of your post. "I will be supporting the team".. Like there's a distinction. No, you will be validating every decision Venky's have made just by being there.

There's no likelihood of promotion under anyone.

I agree with Perth that there's a difference between wanting him and backing him. We're stuck with him and you never know he might surprise us all. Stranger things have happened. He's certainly got a lot to prove and I'm sure he wants to be a success.

I will back him like I backed Ince, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer and any of the other managers I didn't want, until he deserves otherwise.

I will add that my expectations were rock bottom though so perhaps that's why I'm not quite as hysterical as a lot of people. I honestly expected a coach not a manager with any kind of experience.

To clarify before anyone has a go, no I didn't want him.

Absolute and utter nonsense. They might be keeping one or two people in work in the Club shop or ticket office.

I certainly didn't want Coyle appointed and expect him to fail given the lack of success he's had elsewhere recently but he will earn my grudging support if he starts doing well.

Meanwhile if anyone wants to continue going next season that's entirely your choice. Don't let B and Q Stu or anyone else convince you otherwise. If no one were to go the Club would fold.

Empty stadiums are terrible publicity for the club, hence why they're trying to pack people into JW and moving the TV cameras). There's no way the club's spin doctors can dismiss boycotters as a fringe group when there's only Birdy left in the stand.

A sustained approach of mass boycotts would definitely be a step in the right direction, but will it happen? Nope. In the end, fans will tell themselves whatever lies they need to justify attending. It's already happening. Case in point, the last part of your post. "I will be supporting the team".. Like there's a distinction. No, you will be validating every decision Venky's have made just by being there.

Isn't it cost cutting to close part of the ground? See I doubt either of us know the reason but it's easy to put a slant on any decision to make a point.

That's unimportant when considering the last part. Because I want to support my team I'm validating the decisions the owners take? .... Just a ridiculous attempt to validate your own views more like to justify your own lack of attendance.

If I said anyone who doesn't go is a deserter, it would be entirely unjustified so you should be rightly pillored for saying such stupid things.

That's not the way I see it , but everyone different

I think the chances of promotion are very slim

First season fight for mid table, staying above the drop, if he lasts and who he brings in player wise will give us a good measure what might happen in the second season.

I would presume that he and his/their advisor have sold a two year plan to them, it will be interesting to see if the loons have bought into it fully by what if any funds they release.

Maybe if the current poll was saved and a new one regarding backing him was put up, it would be interesting to compare, maybe options

Back Him

Wait and See

Don't back

Past caring

You do come up with some wonderful ideas, Perth and I value your contribution.

I'm just surprised people are backing the appointment, on any level.

Absolute and utter nonsense. They might be keeping one or two people in work in the Club shop or ticket office.

Who put these people's jobs in jeopardy in the first place? Ask yourself that.

You do come up with some wonderful ideas, Perth and I value your contribution.

I'm just surprised people are backing the appointment, on any level.

What else can you do?

The anger should be directed at the Rao's.

Isn't it cost cutting to close part of the ground? See I doubt either of us know the reason but it's easy to put a slant on any decision to make a point.

That's unimportant when considering the last part. Because I want to support my team I'm validating the decisions the owners take? .... Just a ridiculous attempt to validate your own views more like to justify your own lack of attendance.

If I said anyone who doesn't go is a deserter, it would be entirely unjustified so you should be rightly pillored for saying such stupid things.

Your blind loyalty to the club is being ruthlessly exploited. You think if you continue to show up and support the team, maybe someday we'll turn the corner. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. They know this, the people advising them know this, and until the fans stand united to force them out they will continue to walk all over us and appoint scrubs like Coyle.

he will earn my grudging support if he starts doing well.

Is that because he's got a worse record than Lambert? I'm confused as to how it works with you these days. Unless Lambert would have also won your grudging support, although I saw zero sign of that when he took 11 points from his first 6 games, or when we won 4 in 6 mid-way through his tenure.

I certainly didn't want Coyle appointed and expect him to fail given the lack of success he's had elsewhere recently but he will earn my grudging support if he starts doing well.

Meanwhile if anyone wants to continue going next season that's entirely your choice. Don't let B and Q Stu or anyone else convince you otherwise. If no one were to go the Club would fold.

False.

Archived