SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owen Coyle: Poll

Coyle  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Coyle as a manager?

• Yes
    • No

Course I wouldn't, because it's ridiculous. Keep preaching lads about what needs to be done but my decisions made. My money isn't going to the owners to say well done its to ensure I've still got MY VOICE AND MY SEAT. Last I'll say on this thread, if you want to carry on; Season tickets.

mr opp is mr mod now.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I've no concrete evidence KHod just suspicions and as the song goes we can't go on together with suspicious minds.

Touche JAL!. You gave me a laugh with the second part anyway, didn't think I'd say that about this forum at the minute, so good effort!

Do you know what makes me laugh about this fan base (is it this one or every other one in the country?) - We're absolutely fanatically nostalgic to a point where we can't see when we're having our pants pulled down...

People are so angry at how this club is being treated, so angry that they are being treated with such disdain as quite major Stakeholders, so angry that Jack Walkers legacy has been absolutely destroyed in 5 short years, so angry at the treatment of club greats such as John Williams and Tom Finn;

Yet they still sit there and say "this is our club, I'll never turn my back on it...."

Tell me this.... what is left of our club?

- The stadium - sure that's still there. Built by Jack Walker for the club he had great plans for.... So we have a pitch and seats I guess we can still cherish.

- The training ground - Yep, still got a good training ground.

- The people...... NOPE - all gone. We've got Cheston and Burnley Bob perched in the boardroom. Anyone who made this club great has been sent packing.

- Arte et Labore - With Skill and Labour..... I think what we've seen since Venkys arrived speaks for itself in this regard.

There's nothing recognisable about this club anymore.

If you had a local pub for years and years - since you were a child. And it changed hands and the new owner always served you a crap pint, sacked all the existing staff, let the place run into disrepair and completely ignored you as a paying customer.... would you continue to pay them your money because of some kind of teary nostalgia? Would you @#/?? So why do we sit there and say, I'll still be there cheering them on.....

Who are you cheering on? This isn't the club that I grew up loving dearly.... it's not even close. They play at the same ground and they wear a blue and white jersey.

Excellent points/post.

Just to play devil's advocate I'll point out some things that Venkys have not yet removed. (Although I would have hoped that new owners would have taken the club forward not backwards).

Things which mean something to fans:

Ewood Park - they haven't yet changed the name, not even as a means to get their huge (alleged) wealth past FFP for the good of the team. Also the fact that the ground is still in the town. But moving it would cost money so there is no danger of that under this lot.

Blue and white halves - they have dabbled, switching the sides needlessly (probably to fit a stock shirt pattern and reduce cost) but ultimately have kept the iconic kit.

Club badge - this hasn't always been our badge but it has been around for as long as most fans. If they changed this though, there would be excuses made by some sections. They could include the Venkys logo in it and a chicken pissing on a Rovers shirt and some "wouldn't see the problem".

That's about it. The Rovers Trichotomy.

It's also notable that there can be no mistaking that our club had been asset stripped but because they are so (allegedly) wealthy they have been able to do this at glacial speed and with so many changes as to almost do so in a way that brings sympathy to them. They have not yet come out and allayed any fears about how our club is run and the rumour mill actually helps them as it continues to divide the fanbase.

Touche JAL!. You gave me a laugh with the second part anyway, didn't think I'd say that about this forum at the minute, so good effort!

Don't know wether to laugh or cry at the moment I'm pretty much speechless to what's gone on over the past twenty four hours.

WHO ARE THE ADVISORS ?

Do you know what makes me laugh about this fan base (is it this one or every other one in the country?) - We're absolutely fanatically nostalgic to a point where we can't see when we're having our pants pulled down...

People are so angry at how this club is being treated, so angry that they are being treated with such disdain as quite major Stakeholders, so angry that Jack Walkers legacy has been absolutely destroyed in 5 short years, so angry at the treatment of club greats such as John Williams and Tom Finn;

Yet they still sit there and say "this is our club, I'll never turn my back on it...."

Tell me this.... what is left of our club?

- The stadium - sure that's still there. Built by Jack Walker for the club he had great plans for.... So we have a pitch and seats I guess we can still cherish.

- The training ground - Yep, still got a good training ground.

- The people...... NOPE - all gone. We've got Cheston and Burnley Bob perched in the boardroom. Anyone who made this club great has been sent packing.

- Arte et Labore - With Skill and Labour..... I think what we've seen since Venkys arrived speaks for itself in this regard.

There's nothing recognisable about this club anymore.

If you had a local pub for years and years - since you were a child. And it changed hands and the new owner always served you a crap pint, sacked all the existing staff, let the place run into disrepair and completely ignored you as a paying customer.... would you continue to pay them your money because of some kind of teary nostalgia? Would you @#/?? So why do we sit there and say, I'll still be there cheering them on.....

Who are you cheering on? This isn't the club that I grew up loving dearly.... it's not even close. They play at the same ground and they wear a blue and white jersey.

A dagger to my heart!

A while ago, the organisation I worked for got a new management team from outside. When they came in, they kept banging on about preserving the golden thread that had run through 150 years. They seemed to overstate the case, then proceeded to snip that thread away.Sound familiar?

I think I need a bullet point reminder about all the things Venky's have dismantled and discarded. Along this road to perdition,there have been lots of other little signposts...e.g. .failure to acquire shirt sponsors, loss of corporate sponsors etc.This could be a campaign tool, perhaps.

Fans have been like the frog in luke warm water, accommodating to each small rise in temperature.When will we realise the water is hot enough to kill us?

For me, it is a question of what is to be done. I accept that giving Rovers money is supporting the tyranny. I also worry that the lack of support will be utilised to justify winding the club down-formally ( I see they are already doing it by stealth).

We need to stay strategic, maintaining the focus on Venky's and ensure protests are targeted and keep as many supporters onside, as possible. Not easy!

Club badge - this hasn't always been our badge but it has been around for as long as most fans. If they changed this though, there would be excuses made by some sections. They could include the Venkys logo in it and a chicken pissing on a Rovers shirt and some "wouldn't see the problem".

I know Stuart ignores my posts but I tell you what, this is about as disgusting as it gets. Moan about other posters, but if you are going to suggest this about fans you deserve all the stick.

I know Stuart ignores my posts but I tell you what, this is about as disgusting as it gets. Moan about other posters, but if you are going to suggest this about fans you deserve all the stick.

Stuart is absolutely correct, I said on another thread if they melted down the Jack Walker statue some would say

"Oh well we needed the money"

Excellent points/post.

Just to play devil's advocate I'll point out some things that Venkys have not yet removed. (Although I would have hoped that new owners would have taken the club forward not backwards).

Things which mean something to fans:

Ewood Park - they haven't yet changed the name, not even as a means to get their huge (alleged) wealth past FFP for the good of the team. Also the fact that the ground is still in the town. But moving it would cost money so there is no danger of that under this lot.

Blue and white halves - they have dabbled, switching the sides needlessly (probably to fit a stock shirt pattern and reduce cost) but ultimately have kept the iconic kit.

That's about it. The Rovers Trichotomy.

It's also notable that there can be no mistaking that our club had been asset stripped but because they are so (allegedly) wealthy they have been able to do this at glacial speed and with so many changes as to almost do so in a way that brings sympathy to them. They have not yet come out and allayed any fears about how our club is run and the rumour mill actually helps them as it continues to divide the fanbase.

Bloody hell Stuart: Venky Stadium, Claret and Blue halves and the red rose replaced by a bee next!

In this black and white world;

Walking away makes you less of a fan, and means you're no longer a supporter then.

Eh? Put your teeth back in. We all need to walk away. Sub 3k crowds would make massive waves. Sadly it won't happen.

Stuart is absolutely correct, I said on another thread if they melted down the Jack Walker statue some would say

"Oh well we needed the money"

It's all well and good criticising fans for still going or for not being active enough in changing the outcome.

Why don't you tell us what you've done? Raised 200m yet to buy the club? That's probably the only thing that would change things, boycotting/protesting has achieved nothing.

Tension is high at the moment but perpetuating this "apologists vs deserters" does nothing to aid any of our causes or blood pressure.

No rovers fan would see changing the badge to such as a nothing, or melting the statue down and if you believe such I couldn't possibly describe what I think of you on this website.

It's all well and good criticising fans for still going or for not being active enough in changing the outcome.

Why don't you tell us what you've done? Raised 200m yet to buy the club? That's probably the only thing that would change things, boycotting/protesting has achieved nothing.

Tension is high at the moment but perpetuating this "apologists vs deserters" does nothing to aid any of our causes or blood pressure.

No rovers fan would see changing the badge to such as a nothing, or melting the statue down and if you believe such I couldn't possibly describe what I think of you on this website.

Even if I had 200m I wouldn't buy this club out of principle. If they walk away from this having earn't money the buyer should be ashamed.

Eh? Put your teeth back in. We all need to walk away. Sub 3k crowds would make massive waves. Sadly it won't happen.

What difference would it make? What difference did 20/25k ticket sales dropping to 10/15k. In past 3 years? Nothing but less money to spend.

This myth that boycotting is helping needs stamping on, it might help you personally but it has nothing but a negative impact on the club.

We'll agree to disagree only time will tell that I am right :P

There is no grey to me there's one correct course of action.

Not a penny more.

En masse we can make a difference. It hasn't happened before. We can make it happen now. Short term pain for long term gain.

The time is now whilst there's still a club to make a difference for.

League 2 with debts of £300m by 2020

What difference would it make? What difference did 20/25k ticket sales dropping to 10/15k. In past 3 years? Nothing but less money to spend.

This myth that boycotting is helping needs stamping on, it might help you personally but it has nothing but a negative impact on the club.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHY IS IT A MYTH

THE BRAINWASHING FROM EWOOOD HAS ALREADY STARTED WITH PROPAGANDA FROM COMICAL ALI WITH IMPROVED SEASON TICKET SALES

Of course it's backing them. You might disagree with them, but not enough to say "I'll make a stand".

Make a personal stand potentially but I think we'd have more chance of getting shut if there where 30,000 in the stadium chanting the same message.

They won't stop me from supporting my club. The same club that 3/4 generations of my family have supported and the next lot will too.

If others see it as a personal decision, that's up to them but I will not be called on supporting Venkys or their decisions, I've just made my own personal choice to remain a Blackburn Rovers supporter.

I'll see you lot in January for the FA cup tie againsts Man united, Chelsea, City etc.

Make a personal stand potentially but I think we'd have more chance of getting shut if there where 30,000 in the stadium chanting the same message.

They won't stop me from supporting my club. The same club that 3/4 generations of my family have supported and the next lot will too.

If others see it as a personal decision, that's up to them but I will not be called on supporting Venkys or their decisions, I've just made my own personal choice to remain a Blackburn Rovers supporter.

I'll see you lot in January for the FA cup tie againsts Man united, Chelsea, City etc.

A bit childish if I may say so.

You choose to focus on the hyperbole and not the point Stu's trying to make, namely that whatever depths we sink to there's a contingent of our support who will continue to back the club because they feel it's their sworn duty.

would you like a wager ? name it

You choose to focus on the hyperbole and not the point Stu's trying to make, namely that whatever depths we sink to there's a contingent of our support who will continue to back the club because they feel it's their sworn duty.

Not so much sworn duty but a love for a football club. Regardless of anything else that what it is, a passion for a sport, a place and a team.

The hyperbole is as unjustified as it gets.

Well you would, you haven't been near in years yet you're out the woodwork on here as soon as there's anything fresh to moan about!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHY IS IT A MYTH

THE BRAINWASHING FROM EWOOOD HAS ALREADY STARTED WITH PROPAGANDA FROM COMICAL ALI WITH IMPROVED SEASON TICKET SALES

10,000 have boycotted since Kean and it has achieved what?

Archived