SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owen Coyle: Poll

Coyle  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Coyle as a manager?

• Yes
    • No

No I don't think he did say that, he said he has the same agent he had whilst at SEM, (apologies to Kamy if I mis-read that)

The reason that he is not at SEM is they the Kentaro group are in a big winding up process, whilst the usual suspects who were involved in that group are setting or have set up new company's

Crescendo

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

206 out of 220 votes all say no to Coyle. The club does not care about its fans.

What kind of a start to a new manager's time at a club if over 90% of fans what you out on day one? :wacko:

Before anyone says we do not represent the fanbase, statistical pollsters would disagree. But even if we are wildly wildly out, you would still say a majority are unhappy at the appointment.

Once again Venkys had the chance to select the right person and didn't. I'm sure the ex-SEM link is just a complete coincidence.

And as long as Onan Coyle toes the line he has a job for life. Relegation won't change it. Fan protests won't change it.

Good times.

I just wonder if this was well timed to coincide with appointments at Rotherham, Leeds, Derby, etc - SS as usual all over it today. Makes it look like we are doing something positive like all the others with no manager. Staggering.

A good mate of mine who abandoned us after the first year under the Loons said to me today he's going back with his lad who now he's a bit older, wants to go back. I asked him if his son would want to watch us get relegated? He thought OC was a good bloke!

He's a primary school deputy head - I tried to explain the reasons why he should reflect - I shall post the response!

Education eh?

"The ultimate aim is to give a team that is representative of the fans.."

Well Owen. I think you've probably achieved that already. The fans are disillusioned and disgruntled and I'm fairly sure the squad are too. So mission achieved. You can leave with your strange shaped head held high. You're the first manager to achieve his aim since that bald headed @#/? got us relegated. I guess that makes you a success story.

A side note. I'm not sure why the word @#/? gets the @#/? treatment on here. Half the population have got one.

206 out of 220 votes all say no to Coyle. The club does not care about its fans.

What kind of a start to a new manager's time at a club if over 90% of fans what you out on day one? :wacko:

Before anyone says we do not represent the fanbase, statistical pollsters would disagree. But even if we are wildly wildly out, you would still say a majority are unhappy at the appointment.

Once again Venkys had the chance to select the right person and didn't. I'm sure the ex-SEM link is just a complete coincidence.

And as long as Onan Coyle toes the line he has a job for life. Relegation won't change it. Fan protests won't change it.

Good times.

Equally bewildering: 14 idiots and backing the plum.

Coyle has done nothing for 7 years since he scraped a promotion through the play-offs. Since then he has taken Bolton down form the PL to 15th in the Championship and then taken a newly relegated Wigan to the brink of relegation that was confirmed shortly after he left. His record at Houston is pretty poor too.

Coyle has done nothing for 7 years since he scraped a promotion through the play-offs. Since then he has taken Bolton down form the PL to 15th in the Championship and then taken a newly relegated Wigan to the brink of relegation that was confirmed shortly after he left. His record at Houston is pretty poor too.

Hang on! Hang on! Are you suggesting he may not have been the stand out candidate? I won't have it. You hear me? I'm not bloody having it!

How come the clowns gave him a TWO YEAR contract?? It beggars belief. We will probably have to sell someone like Lenihan or Duffy to pay up his contract if sacked.

Because he's here to oversee the final stage of the dumbing down process and liquidising assets and that's probably how long it'll take.

You will get stick for this post, but of course, like Rev, you are entitled to your opinion.

Sadly, though, this just reads like trying to find excuses for everything wrong with this appointment. Pretty soon this sort of opinion becomes the battle cry from certain sections as ways to dismiss any of the reasons to be against such an appointment.

At what point do we say "enough's enough, why should I lie down and let Venkys and their advisors take the @#/? out of us"?

Or do we just let the fact that there are 11 tryers in blue-and-white-halves just wash over us and forget that our club and its fans deserve better than this crap?

Anybody continuing to go to Ewood on match days needs to continue the protests against this regime. Walking away is clearly what they want. I'm becoming more and more convinced that they are making an argument that the club is no longer fit for purpose due to the lack of numbers to be able to remove any covenants on Brockhall. A lower division club will not need such grand assets - and the excuse-makers will agree: "get them sold, they can train down Pleasy and save some money".

Slippery slope; thin end of the wedge; choose your cliché - but we are heading for bad times and fans are allowing, nay encouraging, them to take us there. Only once all of the assets are gone will they then put us up for adoption, selling down the river all those companies who supply to and depend on the club.

I have believed this is their motive for awhile.

Is this the only place that Rovers fans with any sense post? Every other site/group/page seems to be full of morons with their heads up their arse. I ashamed they're Rovers fans.

On Espinoza (for those who have read the Wheelan article), my mate said "i once watched Coyle take corners in the warm up whilst he used Espinoza (a world cup star) to be his ball boy... Clown".

As soon as this job was available Coyle wanted to come here, he left Houston by mutual conscent to speak to Rovers as he have his family nearby....

I hope this work out but its all doomed to fail....

But he Will work with Irvine and Kelly and thats the ONLY positive thing as I rate Irvine and hopefully he will put his nose in it.

So one scottish geezer out and another in....

Rovers need 10 players....

It doesn't really matter how long a manager's contract is because they have a 12 month severance clause for when they get sacked. Unless you're Hennng Berg of course where someone forgot to put the clause in.

I did not want Coyle but now he is manager and we need to give him a chance like everyone else and get behind the team not the venkys..

No. We. Do. Not.

Rovers fans are under no obligation to do so.

Turn a blind eye, in blind faith? Will people never learn?

I have it on good authority that Owen Coyle's agent is connected to Sem/Kentaro. That is worrying. I expect lots of overpaid players With high agent fees. We are being toyed With.

Luckily per today we are in less of a mess than Wigan, Wimbledon, Portsmouth, Bolton, Coventry and Blackpool.

Archived