Coyle  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Coyle as a manager?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I og in to meltdown like everyone else I would like to get the facts right:

I have seen that Kamy ( who is normally spot on ) has said there is no SEM / Kentaro links anymore. If this is right, this is very comforting.

He did support Steve Kean, but so did a lot of other managers and I would not hold it against Coyle. Wouldn't you support him to remain in the seat as you know it would mean 6 easy points ?

He has worked for Burnley. Don't like that at all. But I like that the Burnley fans recognize him as Judas and dislike him.

If looking at his CV he did get promotion With Burnley ( a weak Burnley team on a budget ) and also named premier League manager of the month twice. Who else of the candidates we have been looking at has this on their CV? His stint in the MLS is MLS. Very very different League and difficult to manage in.

Most of his signings to Bolton where loan/frees and some very shrewd signigns, such as Sturridge and Reo-coker. However some of them were awful.

I expect transfer rumours regarding Benik Afobe, Fortune, Shaun Maloney, Grant Holt, Mcclean and lots of United, Arsenal and Chelsea youngsters.

Before I og in to meltdown like everyone else I would like to get the facts right:

I have seen that Kamy ( who is normally spot on ) has said there is no SEM / Kentaro links anymore. If this is right, this is very comforting.

No I don't think he did say that, he said he has the same agent he had whilst at SEM, (apologies to Kamy if I mis-read that)

The reason that he is not at SEM is they the Kentaro group are in a big winding up process, whilst the usual suspects who were involved in that group are setting or have set up new company's

He did support Steve Kean, but so did a lot of other managers and I would not hold it against Coyle. Wouldn't you support him to remain in the seat as you know it would mean 6 easy points ?

He has worked for Burnley. Don't like that at all. But I like that the Burnley fans recognize him as Judas and dislike him.

If looking at his CV he did get promotion With Burnley ( a weak Burnley team on a budget ) and also named premier League manager of the month twice. Who else of the candidates we have been looking at has this on their CV? His stint in the MLS is MLS. Very very different League and difficult to manage in.

Most of his signings to Bolton where loan/frees and some very shrewd signigns, such as Sturridge and Reo-coker. However some of them were awful.

Kamy THINKS he has no SEM links. But it seems he does. How else would he come from nowhere after jumping before he was sacked from a club at the bottom of the MLS to take this job at Venky SEM Rovers?

• Backroom

I expect transfer rumours regarding Benik Afobe, Fortune, Shaun Maloney, Grant Holt, Mcclean and lots of United, Arsenal and Chelsea youngsters.

Do you work for the LT?

He's now our manager and I'll back him until either he fails to deliver results or he does something clearly wrong.

He had a couple of good years at Burnley and a good season and a half at Bolton before injuries devasted their relegation season.

Proven he can manage in both Championship and PL, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I want a successful Rovers and I hope he does a cracking job.

Do I want Owen Coyle as manager? No.

Do I think we can attract better given our current situation? Probably not.

Am I past the point of caring? Unfortunately, yes.

Sums up my feelings .... but he is now the manager, let's hope he can make a success of it.

When did he prove he can manage in the Prem????? And as for one good season in the championship (back door promotion) even Bowyer has a better overall average position record

I am looking at this objectively.

He joined Burnley mid season in the Championship and the following season, he took them up.

He joined Bolton mid season following the sacking of Megson and kept them in the PL. The following season, they finished around mid table. Season after, they were relegated but were ravaged by injuries and if you recall the infamous West Brom home game, were robbed of points that would have kept them up. Also throw in an FA Cup Semi appearance.

Bowyer has no record to compare and I think he failed miserably in even threatening a top 6 finish despite a 40 goal a season strike force in Rhodes / Gestede. Bowyer is now Blackpool's manager on a salary that I would imagine is less than some on here earn.

I am looking at this objectively.

He joined Burnley mid season in the Championship and the following season, he took them up.

He joined Bolton mid season following the sacking of Megson and kept them in the PL. The following season, they finished around mid table. Season after, they were relegated but were ravaged by injuries and if you recall the infamous West Brom home game, were robbed of points that would have kept them up. Also throw in an FA Cup Semi appearance.

Bowyer has no record to compare and I think he failed miserably in even threatening a top 6 finish despite a 40 goal a season strike force in Rhodes / Gestede. Bowyer is now Blackpool's manager on a salary that I would imagine is less than some on here earn.

So you don't believe he has any links to JA etc.?

There is no Manager that will succeed under the current Ownership and skeleton structure!

So therefore better Coyle than someone we might actually like cos he is bound to fail.

Bloody Circus! John Williams please say something..........................

So you don't believe he has any links to JA etc.?

Depends what you mean by 'links'. We all have links to different folk but doesn't mean metaphorically that we are in bed with them.

I'll give him a chance. He's done decent things in the Championship and Premier League before, if he can hit the ground running and make some decent signings then I might be tempted to move past his comments during the Kean era and his association with Burnley.

I'll give him a chance. He's done decent things in the Championship and Premier League before, if he can hit the ground running and make some decent signings then I might be tempted to move past his comments during the Kean era and his association with Burnley.

You should talk to Chaddy. Youll get on like a house on fire.

It's not a question of trust - how and why he was appointed is a question for a different argument. The simple fact of the matter is, he is now the manager and if the fans are against him from the get-go, he'll fail very quickly. If he is as unsackable as a lot of people seem to think he will be, we'll be staring another relegation in the face very quickly in that case.

With that in mind, I will support him until he gives me reason and cause not to. And again, if he is as bad as you think he is, that won't take long. But I wouldn't take his MLS win rate into account - it's a totally different league, different tactics, different style etc. Lots of people go there and fail. Look at New York City; three of the best players of the last twenty years playing for them and they're struggling to string a series of wins together.

Archived