SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owen Coyle: Poll

Coyle  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Coyle as a manager?

• Yes
    • No

I did not want Coyle but now he is manager and we need to give him a chance like everyone else and get behind the team not the venkys..

NO WE DONT ..HES SOWED HIS SEEDS WITH BACKING KE** AND HIS AWFUL RECORD #VENKYSOUT #COYLEOUT

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question for the poll is a poor one. Does not cover all possible responses. Under the circumstances Coyle is probably no better or worse than we could expect. Has had some success in the past, but fairly rubbish recently. A bit like many of the other candidates in the poll for who would you like next. There is no box for me to tick (eg. Indifferent).

Bit like the clamour not to appoint Big Sam and then the u-turn to bring him in. Coyle fits the bill re: keeping the existing coaching staff who most seem to like. You have delusions of grandeur if you think anyone with a half decent recent success rate would come to Ewood at the moment

Continue to protest against the owners by all means, but the new manager should have a chance to make a good start before the sack chants come out. Actually there will be no discord regarding Coyle at the start of the season, because apparently most of the objectors won't be setting foot in Ewood again until Venkys have gone.

But I will be there, giving it my best, still shouting for #VenkysOut , but shouting encouragement to the players, and the manager until results show otherwise . Short of a whopping price increase, or some unforeseen life change, nothing will stop me going, because it is what I do with my youngest son. It's what I love. It's a bond that I have had for around 50 years that will not be broken.

And while I am at it, some of the comments on here are quite frankly embarrassing. Why do we have to KO at 12:30 against local rivals? Because of the vitriol directed to anyone connected with Burnley/Preston etc. And the likelihood of trouble that will ensue from similarly challenged individuals. I have a colleague at work who is a Burnley fan & we have top banter about our relative strengths as a team and the number of digits he has, but none of it descends into the outright level of abuse and nonsense that appears on this board.

You not even a teeny weeny bit suspicious and worried given Coyle's SEM / kentaro connections Hullrover?

His managerial record could be debated over, his dingle links are more of a barrier for some than others (Imo both make him unsuitable). But his links to am agency that have destroyed us - I fail to see how anyone can be happy with the appointment and give him a chance on that alone.

Continue to protest against the owners by all means, but the new manager should have a chance to make a good start before the sack chants come out. Actually there will be no discord regarding Coyle at the start of the season, because apparently most of the objectors won't be setting foot in Ewood again until Venkys have gone.

But I will be there, giving it my best, still shouting for #VenkysOut , but shouting encouragement to the players, and the manager until results show otherwise . Short of a whopping price increase, or some unforeseen life change, nothing will stop me going, because it is what I do with my youngest son. It's what I love. It's a bond that I have had for around 50 years that will not be broken.

Whilst putting another few hundred quid in their pockets. Wonder if your voice will carry all the way to Pune..... think you'd need a decent South Easterly wind behind you.

The only way to get through to these @#/?s is to remove ANY financial support. Encouragement to the players, the manager etc is all a nonsense. What will it achieve with 6000 fans scattered around 4 corners of Ewood.

This club is absolutely screwed with the Rao's in charge. So let's cut the 'Rovers till I die' super fan crap and pull in a direction that will help us cleanse this club of the parasites that have almost brought it to it's knees.

The question for the poll is a poor one. Does not cover all possible responses. Under the circumstances Coyle is probably no better or worse than we could expect. Has had some success in the past, but fairly rubbish recently. A bit like many of the other candidates in the poll for who would you like next. There is no box for me to tick (eg. Indifferent).

Bit like the clamour not to appoint Big Sam and then the u-turn to bring him in. Coyle fits the bill re: keeping the existing coaching staff who most seem to like. You have delusions of grandeur if you think anyone with a half decent recent success rate would come to Ewood at the moment

And while I am at it, some of the comments on here are quite frankly embarrassing. Why do we have to KO at 12:30 against local rivals? Because of the vitriol directed to anyone connected with Burnley/Preston etc. And the likelihood of trouble that will ensue from similarly challenged individuals. I have a colleague at work who is a Burnley fan & we have top banter about our relative strengths as a team and the number of digits he has, but none of it descends into the outright level of abuse and nonsense that appears on this board.

#venkysout you say but after all that's gone on since Lamberts appointment your prepared to back them ?

It's not backing them for Christ sake it's following the club and team, in many cases like the 20/30/40 years before.

Just slagging off people who still want to go as "Venkys lovers" or supporting the owners is simply not true and all it will do is segregate the fan base further.

And while I am at it, some of the comments on here are quite frankly embarrassing. Why do we have to KO at 12:30 against local rivals? Because of the vitriol directed to anyone connected with Burnley/Preston etc. And the likelihood of trouble that will ensue from similarly challenged individuals.

Yeah, Rovers v PNE, what a grudge match! :huh:

It kicked off at 12.30 because Rovers wanted to sell 7000 tickets to away fans, same reason Leeds kicked off early.

Do you know what makes me laugh about this fan base (is it this one or every other one in the country?) - We're absolutely fanatically nostalgic to a point where we can't see when we're having our pants pulled down...

People are so angry at how this club is being treated, so angry that they are being treated with such disdain as quite major Stakeholders, so angry that Jack Walkers legacy has been absolutely destroyed in 5 short years, so angry at the treatment of club greats such as John Williams and Tom Finn;

Yet they still sit there and say "this is our club, I'll never turn my back on it...."

Tell me this.... what is left of our club?

- The stadium - sure that's still there. Built by Jack Walker for the club he had great plans for.... So we have a pitch and seats I guess we can still cherish.

- The training ground - Yep, still got a good training ground.

- The people...... NOPE - all gone. We've got Cheston and Burnley Bob perched in the boardroom. Anyone who made this club great has been sent packing.

- Arte et Labore - With Skill and Labour..... I think what we've seen since Venkys arrived speaks for itself in this regard.

There's nothing recognisable about this club anymore.

If you had a local pub for years and years - since you were a child. And it changed hands and the new owner always served you a crap pint, sacked all the existing staff, let the place run into disrepair and completely ignored you as a paying customer.... would you continue to pay them your money because of some kind of teary nostalgia? Would you @#/?? So why do we sit there and say, I'll still be there cheering them on.....

Who are you cheering on? This isn't the club that I grew up loving dearly.... it's not even close. They play at the same ground and they wear a blue and white jersey.

Some sensitive souls on here.

A pound to Rovers is a thumbs up to Venkys.

Do something now and we have a chance of getting rid. Do nothing and you are culpable when we are in league 2 with debts in excess of £300m.

Some sensitive souls on here.

A pound to Rovers is a thumbs up to Venkys.

Do something now and we have a chance of getting rid. Do nothing and you are culpable when we are in league 2 with debts in excess of £300m.

In this black and white world;

Walking away makes you less of a fan, and means you're no longer a supporter then.

It's not backing them for Christ sake it's following the club and team, in many cases like the 20/30/40 years before.

Just slagging off people who still want to go as "Venkys lovers" or supporting the owners is simply not true and all it will do is segregate the fan base further.

The fan base has been fragmented and split beyond repair thanks to the events of the past five and a half years. Yesterdays appointment was the final straw for ALL of the people I speak to about Rovers and most of these were going to get season tickets next season but now their anger towards Venkys means that they will not return until the fools disappear completely. Everything that has happened on their watch is their responsibility. I will not criticise anybody who will still be going, that is an individual choice.

Of course it's backing them. You might disagree with them, but not enough to say "I'll make a stand".

for Christ sake? er was not talking to you...but if the cap fits...its simple to me now ..buying tickets is condoning what venkys are doing to us. Please show me the quote "venkys lovers"

I will repeat this again for you because you don't grasp my earlier posts, its not rocket science.

you say its following the club and team ...yes I get this , however drastic times call for drastic measures.

in many cases 20/30/40 years, my case is I've been on ewood since 1970 , my late dad before that and before that my granddad so don't preach.

I've lost wives ,girlfriends and jobs through following rovers, I've witnessed 3rd division football as well as our first game in Europe ,cup final win ,prem win .I even stuck by the team thru k%%n ,I've been of the ilk not let em win but enough is enough ,I've seen the light and realise spending money is backing what they do and if you are not clever enough to see this then by all means you carry on giving the V's your backing. I aint.

In this black and white world;

Walking away makes you less of a fan, and means you're no longer a supporter then.

mr black is mr white again ,mr opp will be arriving soon....thought you wernt posting or going any more .?

Of course it's backing them. You might disagree with them, but not enough to say "I'll make a stand".

in a nutshell Den.

Right well by those arguments I quit my job and refuse to pay taxes because I'm so against the Tory government! Walking away will make a negligible difference to or decline IMO, the only difference is your voice should go with it.

Right well by those arguments I quit my job and refuse to pay taxes because I'm so against the Tory government! Walking away will make a negligible difference to or decline IMO, the only difference is your voice should go with it.

Entirely your choice - you'll have no money and will probably be made homeless.

If you don't support Venkys then you'll just have to find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. Here's an idea - you could kill two birds with one stone and sign up for a spot of leafleting for the Labourites.... they'll need all the help they can get me thinks.

And if you pay for double sided printing you can have VenkysOut on one side and LabourIn on the other.....

This was exactly the same 5 years ago when Kean was in his pomp and all I heard was "Whats the point in protesting, they aren't listening"

We can't affect it so let's carry on like lambs to the slaughter.....

I did not want Coyle but now he is manager and we need to give him a chance like everyone else and get behind the team not the venkys..

Ah... so close. I thought you were the winner but you forgot to add "FFS" at the end. Thanks for playing though.

Course I wouldn't, because it's ridiculous. Keep preaching lads about what needs to be done but my decisions made. My money isn't going to the owners to say well done its to ensure I've still got MY VOICE AND MY SEAT. Last I'll say on this thread, if you want to carry on; Season tickets.

Get over yourself! You are adding to Rovers issues by airing views like this!

It adds to the misconception that the unhappy Rovers fans are in the minority. Nit-witted nonsense, and you blaming your fellow supporters is damaging.

Though the choice of manager is never going to get universal approval - they really couldn't have picked a worse one from a fans perspective.

His record is distinctly average - and he is going to have to win a lot of matches early season to get the crowd on side. It could be the first time a new manager is boo'ed before we have played a match.

Love to know who is advising the owners on this one - they have managed to pick out the worst of a bad bunch.

We never get to hear who the advisors are do we..... wonder why ?

• Moderation Lead

We never get to hear who the advisors are do we..... wonder why ?

Go on then JAL, do tell us, put up or shut up. I've got no patience for carrot dangling today.

You not even a teeny weeny bit suspicious and worried given Coyle's SEM / kentaro connections Hullrover?

His managerial record could be debated over, his dingle links are more of a barrier for some than others (Imo both make him unsuitable). But his links to am agency that have destroyed us - I fail to see how anyone can be happy with the appointment and give him a chance on that alone.

Because we have no choice.

Course I wouldn't, because it's ridiculous. Keep preaching lads about what needs to be done but my decisions made. My money isn't going to the owners to say well done its to ensure I've still got MY VOICE AND MY SEAT. Last I'll say on this thread, if you want to carry on; Season tickets.

Perhaps they'll let you keep it when they turn the lights out at Ewood.

As for not going to the owners to say well done - you going to put that little note in your renewal pack when you send it off? Because without it a renewal sends only one message to those in Pune.... support!

Archived