SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owen Coyle: Poll

Coyle  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Coyle as a manager?

• Yes
    • No

Just done a similar interview with the LET but went for it. Said I was totally disillusioned with it all, the appointment of Coyle didn't make me angry it simply made me take another big sigh and that's happened consistently over the Venkys reign.

Then dropped in the "it's just another SEM/Kentaro link, which along with the recent revelation that Defabet the club sponsors are also linked to, makes it all seem like a slap in the face and Steve Kean 2.0"

I imagine the second bit won't make the cut.

Well even Kevin Gallacher mentioned the "agency" link on Radio Lancs. The rest with Lenny Johnrose was just self important, ill informed rubbish.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was meant for the 'Coyle Out' thread thats been locked so thought i'd post it here...

At this point though it doesnt matter if it's Jose Mourinho or Owen Coyle, no one will succeed whilst Venkys are here. Although we dont want him, i think it's probably best to just focus on the removal of the owners, which lets be honest is the bigger picture. In my opinion, to boycott and focus on the Venkys Out campaign is the right way to go than getting at Coyle, even if we want to (dingle & kean boy). He's the manager, if he does well, fair play but hopefully he'll be doing it infront of next to no-one. If we start getting at Coyle from the off then the media and the Venky apologists will undoubtedly portray us as the bad guys again. I'd suggest sit tight to see how he performs before he comes into the firing line.

Venkys Out.

Was meant for the 'Coyle Out' thread thats been locked so thought i'd post it here...

At this point though it doesnt matter if it's Jose Mourinho or Owen Coyle, no one will succeed whilst Venkys are here. Although we dont want him, i think it's probably best to just focus on the removal of the owners, which lets be honest is the bigger picture. In my opinion, to boycott and focus on the Venkys Out campaign is the right way to go than getting at Coyle, even if we want to (dingle & kean boy). He's the manager, if he does well, fair play but hopefully he'll be doing it infront of next to no-one. If we start getting at Coyle from the off then the media and the Venky apologists will undoubtedly portray us as the bad guys again. I'd suggest sit tight to see how he performs before he comes into the firing line.

Venkys Out.

Agreed.

I find coyle repugnant but the only battleground should be against the venkys. They are the organ grinders who keep saddling us with these cretins. I despised kean and don't believe he got even a fraction of the abuse he deserved but that battle should have also been taken to the venkys.

Not sure how we go about this with the fact they aren't here ever etc etc but if we target poor wee coylie we will get slaughtered again in the battle for the moral high ground.

Venkys Out.

We can also point to their Coyle appointment as evidence of their disconnect, lack of care etc. Coyle's link to SEM/Kenaro and collusive support to Anderson/Kean is enormous and should not be minimised..

I'll give him a chance. He's done decent things in the Championship and Premier League before, if he can hit the ground running and make some decent signings then I might be tempted to move past his comments during the Kean era and his association with Burnley.

The only chance I give him is no Fecking chance

Agreed.

I find coyle repugnant but the only battleground should be against the venkys and the Barnet spiv. They are the organ grinders who keep saddling us with these cretins. I despised kean and don't believe he got even a fraction of the abuse he deserved but that battle should have also been taken to the venkys.

Not sure how we go about this with the fact they aren't here ever etc etc but if we target poor wee coylie we will get slaughtered again in the battle for the moral high ground.

Before I og in to meltdown like everyone else I would like to get the facts right:

I have seen that Kamy ( who is normally spot on ) has said there is no SEM / Kentaro links anymore. If this is right, this is very comforting.

He did support Steve Kean, but so did a lot of other managers and I would not hold it against Coyle. Wouldn't you support him to remain in the seat as you know it would mean 6 easy points ?

He has worked for Burnley. Don't like that at all. But I like that the Burnley fans recognize him as Judas and dislike him.

If looking at his CV he did get promotion With Burnley ( a weak Burnley team on a budget ) and also named premier League manager of the month twice. Who else of the candidates we have been looking at has this on their CV? His stint in the MLS is MLS. Very very different League and difficult to manage in.

Most of his signings to Bolton where loan/frees and some very shrewd signigns, such as Sturridge and Reo-coker. However some of them were awful.

I expect transfer rumours regarding Benik Afobe, Fortune, Shaun Maloney, Grant Holt, Mcclean and lots of United, Arsenal and Chelsea youngsters.

You will get stick for this post, but of course, like Rev, you are entitled to your opinion.

Sadly, though, this just reads like trying to find excuses for everything wrong with this appointment. Pretty soon this sort of opinion becomes the battle cry from certain sections as ways to dismiss any of the reasons to be against such an appointment.

At what point do we say "enough's enough, why should I lie down and let Venkys and their advisors take the @#/? out of us"?

Or do we just let the fact that there are 11 tryers in blue-and-white-halves just wash over us and forget that our club and its fans deserve better than this crap?

Anybody continuing to go to Ewood on match days needs to continue the protests against this regime. Walking away is clearly what they want. I'm becoming more and more convinced that they are making an argument that the club is no longer fit for purpose due to the lack of numbers to be able to remove any covenants on Brockhall. A lower division club will not need such grand assets - and the excuse-makers will agree: "get them sold, they can train down Pleasy and save some money".

Slippery slope; thin end of the wedge; choose your cliché - but we are heading for bad times and fans are allowing, nay encouraging, them to take us there. Only once all of the assets are gone will they then put us up for adoption, selling down the river all those companies who supply to and depend on the club.

You will get stick for this post, but of course, like Rev, you are entitled to your opinion.

Sadly, though, this just reads like trying to find excuses for everything wrong with this appointment. Pretty soon this sort of opinion becomes the battle cry from certain sections as ways to dismiss any of the reasons to be against such an appointment.

At what point do we say "enough's enough, why should I lie down and let Venkys and their advisors take the @#/? out of us"?

Or do we just let the fact that there are 11 tryers in blue-and-white-halves just wash over us and forget that our club and its fans deserve better than this crap?

Anybody continuing to go to Ewood on match days needs to continue the protests against this regime. Walking away is clearly what they want. I'm becoming more and more convinced that they are making an argument that the club is no longer fit for purpose due to the lack of numbers to be able to remove any covenants on Brockhall. A lower division club will not need such grand assets - and the excuse-makers will agree: "get them sold, they can train down Pleasy and save some money".

Slippery slope; thin end of the wedge; choose your cliché - but we are heading for bad times and fans are allowing, nay encouraging, them to take us there. Only once all of the assets are gone will they then put us up for adoption, selling down the river all those companies who supply to and depend on the club.

I think that may well be a trap they are setting..

Well even Kevin Gallacher mentioned the "agency" link on Radio Lancs. The rest with Lenny Johnrose was just self important, ill informed rubbish.

Lenny Johnrose is a bell end and Rovers hater.

Gallacher is no better, lest we forget his defending of k#ean, and asking the fans to lay off him on the day of the wigan home game.

Lenny Johnrose is a bell end and Rovers hater.

Gallacher is no better, lest we forget his defending of k#ean, and asking the fans to lay off him on the day of the wigan home game.

I am assuming Johnrose is a PE teacher, who is not always right, but NEVER wrong!

Likes the sound of his own voice. That irritating combination of wrongness and certainty..Radio Off

I think that may well be a trap they are setting..

I'd be inclined to agree with you: is it a final wring the orange dry, sweep up and bin us into oblivion operation?

Shaw Myers Lambert walking, the sham to get Pasha a permanent work permit, the shabby brush off of Seneca and now the appointment of Coyle - all too much of a coincidence IMO.

Eddie Davis didn't seem too bothered about writing off his £170million 'loan account' and he's a pauper compared to the Raos. Same mob as ours had some involvement at Bolton if I'm not mistaken. Difference with our lot is that they have enough dosh to keep HMRC at bay.

It stinks and always did.

I'd be inclined to agree with you: is it a final wring the orange dry, sweep up and bin us into oblivion operation?

Shaw Myers Lambert walking, the sham to get Pasha a permanent work permit, the shabby brush off of Seneca and now the appointment of Coyle - all too much of a coincidence IMO.

Eddie Davis didn't seem too bothered about writing off his £170million 'loan account' and he's a pauper compared to the Raos. Same mob as ours had some involvement at Bolton if I'm not mistaken. Difference with our lot is that they have enough dosh to keep HMRC at bay.

It stinks and always did.

I think one of our goals should be to make this explicit in the media. I am sure there are eople on this message board with media contacts....

How come the clowns gave him a TWO YEAR contract?? It beggars belief. We will probably have to sell someone like Lenihan or Duffy to pay up his contract if sacked.

They offered one, his agent wanted three, they compromised on two.

That's my best guess.

I think one of our goals should be to make this explicit in the media. I am sure there are eople on this message board with media contacts....

I think, the Trouble we have in the UK is: most media either doesn't care, despite having high profile contacts, they darent libel, or step on anyone's toes.

How come the clowns gave him a TWO YEAR contract?? It beggars belief. We will probably have to sell someone like Lenihan or Duffy to pay up his contract if sacked.

No chance, he is Barnet through and through

Well, I never thought today I'd be wishing it were yesterday. But here I am. Not only a crap day, but a crap day knowing the dingles are laughing even harder.

I'm really struggling to find anything to cling to here. Even the club website broke the news with an underwhelming, almost apologetic tone. There's nothing about this that feels right. I can't even imagine those who signed it off can be happy or excited. Not one word about promotion in his brief quotes.

I've been sold a lie. It wasn't supposed to end up looking like this. I feel like I'm Steve Bruce's wife.

Archived