SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owen Coyle: Poll

Coyle  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Coyle as a manager?

• Yes
    • No

You know, if having 'management experience', including securing PL football once, is all it takes to win some folk over, Steve Kean actually has as good a CV as Coyle. In fact, the bald one's foray into overseas football means his actually pips Coyle's.

The procoylists (that didn't take long ha!) like to throw the Burnley thing at the doubters but if we did judge him on being a dingle we'd be happy if it was only that. Some people have amazing ability to airbrush the rest of his career away in one swipe.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the local postie could handle that.

And that's a very good point. While most are wallowing in circular posting misery with much gusto there is one bloke who is being criminally over looked in all this. He's read the presser, maybe heard the interview. Whereas I just can't be arsed.

The Brockhall Postman.

"Good day at work love?" "What do you bloody think? Did you not hear him? It's him again isn't it, same bloke but with hair and squirrel teeth. Looks like Little Frank Sidebottom an all. I just can't do it again love, please, not again" "oh ffs, just get on with it you big girls blouse. Humour him, pretend they're real"

It's that criminal lack of empathy that we've all succumbed to.

I'd love to stick a fork in that gormless forehead.

But where to start?

Get in line.

And that's a very good point. While most are wallowing in circular posting misery with much gusto there is one bloke who is being criminally over looked in all this. He's read the presser, maybe heard the interview. Whereas I just can't be arsed.

The Brockhall Postman.

"Good day at work love?" "What do you bloody think? Did you not hear him? It's him again isn't it, same bloke but with hair and squirrel teeth. Looks like Little Frank Sidebottom an all. I just can't do it again love, please, not again" "oh ffs, just get on with it you big girls blouse. Humour him, pretend they're real"

It's that criminal lack of empathy that we've all succumbed to.

But where to start?

Get in line.

I've got dibs on his eyeballs

The procoylists (that didn't take long ha!) like to throw the Burnley thing at the doubters but if we did judge him on being a dingle we'd be happy if it was only that. Some people have amazing ability to airbrush the rest of his career away in one swipe.

Brilliant! A new term to create divide! Fantastic! And there's me thinking it was the venkys. Hats off!

I've got dibs on his eyeballs

Jesus, is that like that t bagging thing?

Brilliant! A new term to create divide! Fantastic! And there's me thinking it was the venkys. Hats off!

Jesus, is that like that t bagging thing?

Now you know it'll come anyway ....

Yeah, but with more hate.

And a fork.

Ha ha! Well played.

That'll make em think twice. Don't mess with The Rovers Coyle.

T bagged with a fork before he's had a chance. I can hear Merse on SSN now, but better not repeat it. Charlie Nic turning to drink again in disgust "this fella Coyle, has been in place for two minutes, like lovely Stevie Keenie, they've not given him a chance. At him from the word go for having an odd shaped head. Then, to top it all off, the boy Cabbage produces a fork and gets his testi..."

Anyway I digress. Sorry about that. Back to it everyone.

Whereas Coyles move to Colne Dynamos doesn't count?

Sorry, not Colne, Houston.

Not sure Colne, sorry Houston, won anything Bob.

(Colne Dynamos on the other hand did).

Yeah, but with more hate.

And a fork.

:lol: brilliant.

Does Knuzden brook not count, somebody poured salt in it once?

Course it does perth. We all remember Kean having a tremendous season in the Cabin End darts team 82/83 - stabbed himself in the face, but he took the positives. Coyle was @#/?. He was on stand by for the small tables snooker. Played half a game (missed all his shots) in the 88/89 season when big Geoff went down with cramp. "Who's his agent!!" Someone cried. We all laughed at the time.

People seem unconvinced by the Kean Mirror Quotes about SEM/OC understandably.

How's about David Conn, he seemed to be under the same impression back in 2010. Or is he a liar too??

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/dec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome-anderson

I'm not trying to be negative here but it's plainly obvious that he was with SEM so why say he doesnt know who they are??

This coupled with the fact I think he's lying about his supposed first contact with the club worries me.

Saw him in his blacked out Range Rover on the A59 about 5:20PM yesterday. Gave him the middle fingered salute.

Along with your pitch invasion for the 21st century, you're turning into a right ruffian.

I'm really hoping you bump into KCM while you're in a fighting mood, and smack him.

If we were going for a one season wonder, why not Holloway? It just seems so calculated to @#/? off the fanbase even further.

Holloway would need to give up a career as (apparently) Sky's new top Football League pundit to come to us - he's probably earning more money doing that than we'd ever be prepared to give him and the risk to his reputation would be too big. He'd never come to us. Coyle, as bad as it is to say, is probably about the best calibre of manager we could've hoped for with the barrel of @#/? that Venkys are as owners.

I suppose I just can't comprehend why anyone would lie about that, especially as he appears to be unaffiliated with them now.

This. The only reason to lie is if there is something to hide.

A no longer with them could be spun much more positively. Especially compared to being easily caught lying.

Along with your pitch invasion for the 21st century, you're turning into a right ruffian.

I'm really hoping you bump into KCM while you're in a fighting mood, and smack him.

KCM is on the list.

How you've got time to get angry about Coyle with those roadworks out front is beyond me. Pissing nightmare!

KCM is on the list.

How you've got time to get angry about Coyle with those roadworks out front is beyond me. Pissing nightmare!

The workmen are rarely there and the weather's nice, and we've got a new addition to the family. I'm just knackered at the moment.

To be totally honest I'm quite apathetic about the Coyle situation. I think I've been conditioned. It helps that I expected Dunny or some other coach to take over as manager, so at least we got a manager. As bad as some may think Coyle to be, we could definitely have had worse and as I've said previously he has a lot to prove. I suppose I'm praying for a fluke and him to keep us in the Championship until Venkys decide to leave.

Of course the logical part of me knows we'll be bottom by Christmas and he'll be sacked by January. Irvine or Dunn to replace him.

Even if he was by some freak of nature a success Venky's would screw it up by sacking him before the play off final. We all know the score now.

Archived