BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's impossible to debate with him. He changes his mind so often.

The only surprise is that he hasn't yet quoted one of his own posts to argue with. Two days ago he was packing in, today - after the worst realistic outcome - he shrugs and says "ah well, best get on with it".

Sometimes, it does begin to look like a deliberate diversion strategy.

We have got to re- focus on Venkys. Yes, I am concerned about the SEM/Kentaro links, but I agree we shouldn't allow Coyle become their lightning rod.

The lazy jounalists will take the superficial "Coyle never got a chance" line....

Your dead right. #venkysOut

I honestly thought the appointment of Coyle would unite the fans and open their eyes towards the wanton destruction of the club by the owners. Unfortunately it appears there's as much (possibly even more) division as there was before.

I'm not sure what I expected in a crisis, but I have absolutely no faith in my fellow Rovers fans whatsoever.

Rome should have been burning years ago, now Rome is full of optimism about Owen ******* Coyle.

I'm of the opinion that many deserve what they get, divisive I know, but if its not worth fighting for its not worth worrying about the consequences.

Whilst I wouldn't disagree with some of what you say Stuart, I think trying to unite a fanbase which has become so split is going to be nigh on impossible. At the end of the day football is a game of opinions and we all have different opinions. I liked Bowyer, you didn't. We both liked Lambert but Rev and a few others didn't. A quick glance at other social media sites shows just how diverse opinions really are. I usually only look at this board - as I have done for over a decade - and you can start to believe that this reflects the whole fanbase. A look elsewhere shows that it doesn't. Like you, I have grave reservations about Coyle simply because of his record at other clubs after he left Burnley. I don't care that he managed Burnley - we've had players who have been legends at the Turf and fully got behind them when they arrived at Ewood. I'm not too bothered that he supported Kean - managers tend to stick together which is understandable. However, it's his record at the likes of Bolton and Wigan which is my main worry and you do wonder just how bad the other candidates must have been if he is the standout candidate. However, as I have no intention of boycotting the club it will be a case of hoping for the best whilst expecting the worst. At the same time I can totally understand the frustrations of those who have decided enough is enough and intend to walk away. Sad times indeed.

You'll never get 100% but 80-90% would be pretty united.

We've still got a large apathetic majority, sadly. People are being forced to accept, nay pay for, mediocrity, and walk away they will.

Just keep moaning and thats what you do best.

This morning Owen Coyle has been presented to the Media. Interviewed by BBC Radio Lancs and the interview will be available later on twitter.

Are you for or agin ?

Just keep moaning and thats what you do best.

This morning Owen Coyle has been presented to the Media. Interviewed by BBC Radio Lancs and the interview will be available later on twitter.

I really don't understand you Chaddy. Only the other day you were adamant that you wouldn't accept him as manager and now you are telling everyone on here about his press conference and interviews. My granddaughter is like that. She tells me she is not friends with somebody at preschool and the day after they are best friends. But she is only four.

How can you change so quickly?

Sorry if I've missed something, but does anyone know if Coyle/SEM are still linked? That's the huge issue for me.

If they aren't linked, then it's a p1ss poor appointment but at least it's only that. If SEM are involved then it's a terrible appointment with dodgy dealing and shady characters also in the mix.

I can just about stomach the first, but the second is unforgivable.

Regardless, my attendance this season will be limited to away games.

Sorry if I've missed something, but does anyone know if Coyle/SEM are still linked? That's the huge issue for me.

If they aren't linked, then it's a p1ss poor appointment but at least it's only that. If SEM are involved then it's a terrible appointment with dodgy dealing and shady characters also in the mix.

He isn't linked with Sem anymore.I know that for a fact.Agreed poor appointment but the petition to get him sacked is ridiculous.The owners are the problem and all protests should be aimed at them.

The only protest that will effect Venkys is a boycott, everything else is literally pointless. And to be honest a boycott might not work, and for it to have any chance to, it needs to have specific aims. What are the aims? A statement from Venkys that they are looking for a buyer and will accept all reasonable offers? That sounds a decent aim to me, the boycott could continue until they come out with that. And then it could start up again if there are credible press stories that a decent offer has been made and refused.

As for Coyle and giving him flack, well I tend to agree with those against it. There's no point, he's just a stooge (however willing). My criticism of his appointment on here is mainly to mentally prepare myself for what's gonna happen during his tenure, bottom half at best and relegation at worst.

Owen Colyle was a client of SEM in 2011, its well documented.

Someone needs to email Mike Cheston, or the club and ask outright, SEM themselves even, its no secret that people in football are unable to negotiate contracts or wages, they're all represented by someone to wipe their backsides.

Just ask the question.

He isn't linked with Sem anymore.I know that for a fact.Agreed poor appointment but the petition to get him sacked is ridiculous.The owners are the problem and all protests should be aimed at them.

How do you know that?

Forgive me if I'm making points that have already been made. I don't have time to read through every page.

I do not believe there is corruption or SEM/Kentaro links behind this appointment. Sorry for not toeing the message board line! I'm not listening to what the chubby red-top guesser says btw, he has told bare faced lies about this in the past. I just think that Mrs D has actually learned one thing the past five years, and one thing only - that the tantric one was out to line his own pockets. If I am wrong and he is still influencing their decisions, then we really are doomed.

My main concern is about the reported lack of fitness of Coyle's teams and the alleged reliance on old-school motivation and team spirit at the expense of training, diet and other modern developments in the game. Maybe Irvine is cut from a different cloth and will be a good influence. I hope so.

The comments made about Steve Kean, as far as I'm concerned can never be forgotten either. Even if he's a success (and I hope, despite the hostility, he is) then he will still always be one of those people who stuck the boot into Rovers fans. He would do very well to read this board and apologise for his previous comments!

Owen Coyle strikes me as a bit of a plank to be honest. It seems most likely his career is going nowhere and it is, therefore, yet another very poor decision made by the incompetent people in charge. However, there is a small chance they/we may just get lucky and he can recapture his initial managerial successes. He is also NOT Steve Kean. As far as I'm concerned there is a special circle of hell preserved for Kean (where he has to wear a Princess Leah Slave outfit and perform tantric dances to satisfy the urges of JAbba the hut). Owen Coyle stuck the boot in, but so did Dunn to some extent, neither one of them is completely beyond redemption though. Coco and the fat controller are!

Someone needs to email Mike Cheston, or the club and ask outright, SEM themselves even, its no secret that people in football are unable to negotiate contracts or wages, they're all represented by someone to wipe their backsides.

Just ask the question.

It should be asked as a matter of course in his 'presser', but it won't be, it'll all be Burnley related guff that he'll deflect easily enough.

An edited version of my interview is on the bees website now in written form .. Can't link as I'm on phone .

Very sedate by your standards!

Spelt your name wrong too?

But doesn't that massively contradict what Cheston said about bringing younger players through? Aside from Rodriguez at Burnley I can't think of a youngster he has given a chance to.

The whole saga stinks to high heaven of subterfuge and corruption.

Mike "Thorough Search" Cheston? Contradiction, you say?

No way.

It should be asked as a matter of course in his 'presser', but it won't be, it'll all be Burnley related guff that he'll deflect easily enough.

We have 3 journalists on this site that I know of, hopefully one of those will be able to find out.

Just ask the question.

I emailed Mike this morning asking him to address the following points :

1. Is Owen Coyle linked in any way, shape or form to SEM/Kentaro or were they or any of their offshoot organisations involved in the recruitment of Mr Coyle, the approach to Mr Coyle or the advising of the owners/club to approach him?

2. Mr Coyle does not fit the person spec for the position as outlined publicly by your good self. He is, in fact, the polar opposite of what the club was supposed to be looking for in respect of bringing through young players - this is not Owen Coyle's forte.

3. The club, according to your interview with the Lancashire Telegraph, had supposedly carried out ALL the manager interviews before Owen Coyle had even left his job in the USA. Could you please explain how this was possible.

4. If the answer to Q3 is that he became available after the four initial interviews had been completed and the club subsequently decided to approach him, his record over the past 6 years simply does not stand up to any scrutiny. How does this make him the best candidate for the job? While one couldn't expect you to go as far as to name the other four candidates, can you confirm that they have an even worse recent record than Owen Coyle (who has roughly a 33% win ration over his last three jobs, one of which was at a significantly lower level than the Football League Championship)?

There is some confusion over who is Coyle's agent. Nicko says he hasn't got one. Others say it is still (ex-SEM) Dave Sheron. If it is Sheron, then he no longer works for SEM, however is part of a company with 2 other ex-SEM agents.

I emailed Mike this morning asking him to address the following points :

1. Is Owen Coyle linked in any way, shape or form to SEM/Kentaro or were they or any of their offshoot organisations involved in the recruitment of Mr Coyle, the approach to Mr Coyle or the advising of the owners/club to approach him?

2. Mr Coyle does not fit the person spec for the position as outlined publicly by your good self. He is, in fact, the polar opposite of what the club was supposed to be looking for in respect of bringing through young players - this is not Owen Coyle's forte.

3. The club, according to your interview with the Lancashire Telegraph, had supposedly carried out ALL the manager interviews before Owen Coyle had even left his job in the USA. Could you please explain how this was possible.

4. If the answer to Q3 is that he became available after the four initial interviews had been completed and the club subsequently decided to approach him, his record over the past 6 years simply does not stand up to any scrutiny. How does this make him the best candidate for the job? While one couldn't expect you to go as far as to name the other four candidates, can you confirm that they have an even worse recent record than Owen Coyle (who has roughly a 33% win ration over his last three jobs, one of which was at a significantly lower level than the Football League Championship)?

Did you email him direct Andy? If so can you please let me have his email address?

Archived