BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any candidate with a shred of sense would decline the job as its career suicide.

I fully agree with the sentiment but Monk going to Leeds under Cellino suggests the lure of a job, any job, in football overrides any logical decision making for these people.

Absolutely he would be.

I am just desperately (and foolishly) trying to find any positive from this whole damn mess.

There'll be positives on the way for anyone wishing to find them. Kean and the press so nothing but positives in our home win against Arsenal, away win against ManUre, dramatic survival on the last day against Wolves. And then of course there were the cup runs and, however brief, genuine hope of the play-offs under Bowyer. Whilst Coyle has been bad since Burnley and appears to be getting worse, I think even under him we'll probably have a decent first 6 months (well...maybe 2-3 months) to "enjoy". The key is to somehow erect a mental block as to what will inevitably be coming, if you can manage that then there's always a few positives to be had in football.

Strange post

. Strange whys that,because you've a short memory,and I'm not starting a petition to sack him before he starts..

This may be true if it wasn't for the fact that Lamberts appointment was met with near unanimous positivity

. Yes but just reiterating that Allardyce appointment wasn't,always be fickle fans whoever we bring in..

. Strange whys that,because you've a short memory,and I'm not starting a petition to sack him before he starts..

I think he probably started before he resigned in America

We've made a few insane appointments in those 55 years,did you stop going when Iley,Kidd,Ince,KEANE,Berg,Appleton was appointed,what's the big difference now?

The difference is that I feel all previous appointments were made for the right reasons and with the best interests of the club at heart. Obviously no organisation gets 100% of those decisions correct.

Now, with the exception of the appointment of Lambert, I cannot see that the clubs best interests have been high on the agenda of those making the decisions. Too many wrong decisions for them to be honest mistakes.

I met Stan Ternant in Lytham. Told him I was a Rovers fan. He was very pleasant . Cant remember him slagging Rovers fans off like The Full Kit Wan_er has.

I met Owen Coyle once, through work, and he was a really nice guy.

I know it's not fashionable to say that but I can't change the past. I'd love to say he was a total Kean.

Come into some information about some of the recent goings on at Rovers. I wont post them on here, DM me if you want to hear what i've been told. I have typed up a response that will be sent to everyone who wants to know so you'll all get the same response.

Fairly new to this forum. What does DM mean/how do I do that?

• Moderation Lead

Fairly new to this forum. What does DM mean/how do I do that?

Direct message. It depends if you're on a phone/tablet or a laptop/pc?

I met Owen Coyle once, through work, and he was a really nice guy.

I know it's not fashionable to say that but I can't change the past. I'd love to say he was a total Kean.

Does that mean he's still a good manager? We don't need nice guys, we need someone to stand up to Pune, someone who will stop the ship sinking......not Judas?

Does that mean he's still a good manager? We don't need nice guys, we need someone to stand up to Pune, someone who will stop the ship sinking......not Judas?

Where did I say we needed nice guys or that he's a good manager?

. Yes but just reiterating that Allardyce appointment wasn't,always be fickle fans whoever we bring in..

I honestly don't get your liking for commas for a starter, you even have one after your username. However in all seriousness, you've always come across as a quiet poster, average of 2 posts a month over 10 years (270ish in 10 years). All of a sudden you are lambasting everyone who questions the appointments and the owners. Historically you've been rather anonymous posting the odd player links and having a genuine chat, now this.

This may be true if it wasn't for the fact that Lamberts appointment was met with near unanimous positivity

And we clearly can't be having that.

Even more senseless: the appointment of Lambert even fooled many into giving Venkys another chance. Their second (nearly) clean slate since they sacked Kean.

My son - an ardent Rovers fan - has just e-mailed me as follows -

Yep… xxxxx at work was saying that about the SEM/Kentaro link. He (Coyle) only signs their players – when he was at Burnley he signed four who got nowhere near the first team. Sound familiar??

Did I read it right? They've replaced Coyle with Wade Barrett?

wayne-rooney-slaps-wwe-wrestler-wade-bar

Looks like Steve Kean on the headphones just behind Rooney!!***???

I think he probably started before he resigned in America

Some of us did say the other day that they'd probably decided who it was but were just waiting for the time to announce it. Maybe the twitter thing forced their hand a bit. But yeah no doubt he okayed the release list and that allowed Cheston to fire off on his jollies.

Archived