BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

And there is a surprise that Stuart and Al are moaning about my posts and opinions. Actually no surprise at all

Everyone moans, Chaddy. You post drivel and you'll swallow anything Venkys/Rovers feed you.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that the Dingles will never admit to, at least most of them, is that they were absolutely heartbroken when he left. Six years on we're heartbroken that he's arrived.

The gulf between the two clubs then and now. Time to prime the noose.

And I don't even think Venkys are finished yet, worse to come I'll bet.

From Bowyer to Lambert to Coyle in less than a year. Depressing.

Lambert is looking more and more like a one-club wonder - unlike Coyle who had some league and cup success at Bolton as well as Burnley. Coyle seems to place great virtue on team spirit so we'll see within a few games whether the players are playing for him. .

Good article really.

"the dreaded places where no one wants to be".....and where he is happy to be now apparently.

If I were an LET reporter I'd ask him to explain that remark.

Give it a rest Stuart, he had 5 months to START reversing several years of mismanagement but did nothing whatsoever about it, choosing to sign two players permanently we didn't really need in non priority positions five on loan or short term deals, sold one of our only decent permanently contract players on the last day of the window (against the owners wishes I'm led to beleve) then walked out.

He can't be blamed completely for the situation we find ourselves in regarding the squad but he's certainly contributed towards it.

As for your childish insults earlier directed towards me Chaddy and Parson, well maybe a diminishing number of us will still be there to see how Coyle goes on and may even still be there a short time later if he doesnt perform significantly better than both Bowyer and Lambert and gets the chop.

(Which I expect to be fair. I wouldn't pretend to make out its a good appointment. Just no worse than the other deadbeat linked to the post.)

You're having a go at him for not signing enough players, despite the fact he only had the January window.

It's a maddening way to look at things. How can you exempt Bowyer from criticism but have a go at Lambert, who had less than 6 months? It's absurd.

You blame Lambert mate, if that let's you swallow the Venkys lies and let you continue to back up their decisions then fine. Talk about picking sides though - you'd give Venkys and Coyle a chance but not Lambert.

Crazy

"the dreaded places where no one wants to be".....and where he is now.

It's especially nonsensical considering the managers we'd had before Kean.

"the dreaded places where no one wants to be".....and where he is happy to be now apparently.

Seen this quote brought up a lot today and whilst I want in NO WAY to stand up for Owen Coyle it seems quite obvious he was referring to league places in the Premier League, ie bottom 3.

Give it a rest Stuart, he had 5 months to START reversing several years of mismanagement but did nothing whatsoever about it, choosing to sign two players permanently we didn't really need in non priority positions five on loan or short term deals, sold one of our only decent permanently contract players on the last day of the window (against the owners wishes I'm led to beleve) then walked out.

He can't be blamed completely for the situation we find ourselves in regarding the squad but he's certainly contributed towards it.

As for your childish insults earlier directed towards me Chaddy and Parson, well maybe a diminishing number of us will still be there to see how Coyle goes on and may even still be there a short time later if he doesnt perform significantly better than both Bowyer and Lambert and gets the chop.

(Which I expect to be fair. I wouldn't pretend to make out its a good appointment. Just no worse than the other deadbeat linked to the post.)

Good post Simon. Lambert was a huge disappointment and his premature departure has left us in a very big hole. I've no idea why he is held in such high esteem on here when his results with us were overall poor and the playing style ("fans of the edge of their seats"???) horrible to watch.

I get that your gutted that Lambert sold Rhodes but seriously how can you hold him responsible for the state of the squad?

Lambert joined us on the back of promises made to him regarding the budget.In January the season was all but over for us barring a miracle.He sold only Rhodes and ollson,who had only 6 months left on his contract anyway and would have left for nothing this summer.

We couldn't risk being embargoed again hence the majority of our January business being in the loan market,and at the time I'm sure Lambert said that our proper business would be done in the summer?

I'm not sure how you can lay the blame at our @#/? poor squad on Lambert's door...he was lied too.The owners are at fault not Lambert

Seen this quote brought up a lot today and whilst I want in NO WAY to stand up for Owen Coyle it seems quite obvious he was referring to league places in the Premier League, ie bottom 3.

I think you're being kind. I see it as a slur against Rovers from a rival local club manager

While I dont oppose to the idea of a petition, do people seriously think they will sack him a day after hiring him because 1.000 fans want them to?

Do not buy season tickets , write on your renewal packs Venkys Out and return to sender ,be sure not to open the packs though ...

I think you're being kind. I see it as a slur against Rovers from a rival local club manager

When was the last time any manager of Rovers or any of our local rivals openly slated the other team? They're all far too diplomatic and guarded on record.

Archived