BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sad to see fans turning on one another because people are choosing to turn up to games rather than boycott.

Each person needs to make their own mind up. Let's not judge.

Owen Coyle, the only manager worse than him would have been someone like Slade. The problem is not the fans or the manager, it is the owners who have wilfully destroyed/ are destroying our club. I honestly cannot see anyway that they will leave unless the authorities have something to charge them with.

A truly sad day :(

Looks like Cryer is the latest addition to the Tantric payroll.

No, he was just lucky enough to be around when it all kicked off. This is what made him and he has to keep his hand in to remain in any way relevant. Without all the chaos at Rovers to write about he was a very dull sports journalist. He was at the first Rovers Trust meeting (then BRSIT) and was torn a new backside by one of the businessmen there for being so benign. He just sat there taking the abuse like a deer in headlights.

So you can see why he might be bitter towards Rovers fans.

• Backroom

As much as we are all against it for the most part this petition is going to make us a laughing stock I feel as fans

Attention seeking.

I just gave him some grief

As much as we are all against it for the most part this petition is going to make us a laughing stock I feel as fans

No, the Venky's did that way back

• Moderation Lead

Attention seeking.

He said we deserve all the stick we get if we don't give Coyle a chance....is he an amnesiac? What an absolute melt.

Lambert is looking more and more like a one-club wonder - unlike Coyle who had some league and cup success at Bolton as well as Burnley. Coyle seems to place great virtue on team spirit so we'll see within a few games whether the players are playing for him. .

So lambert didnt have league and cup success with Wycombe? But Coyle did at Bolton?

Errr. OK.

So lambert didnt have league and cup success with Wycombe? But Coyle did at Bolton?

Errr. OK.

Jim's on the wind-up again. I wouldn't bother.

We have no choice but to watch and see what happens. But already we are back to the Kean days were everything will be met with suspicion and goals and odd wins will merely tighten the grip on Rovers' throat by the dark forces.

It will take a miracle for him to turn the fans around because the only way he does that is by turning the club around.

Jim's on the wind-up again. I wouldn't bother.

We have no choice but to watch and see what happens. But already we are back to the Kean days were everything will be met with suspicion and goals and odd wins will merely tighten the grip on Rovers' throat by the dark forces.

It will take a miracle for him to turn the fans around because the only way he does that is by turning the club around.

Stuart's correct, we have no choice but to wait and see what happens here.

There's a big rumour going round that we've already had talks with Mark Davies and Darren Pratley from Notlob.

Coyle is nepotistic to say the least, fearing the worst here.

It could be worse

It could be Stan Ternant. ......

I met Stan Ternant in Lytham. Told him I was a Rovers fan. He was very pleasant . Cant remember him slagging Rovers fans off like The Full Kit Wan_er has.

Let's be totally honest,whoever was appointed today,most on here would have slagged him off,partly because of the hate of Venkys,and partly because that's what some Rovers fans do all the time.If they had appointed Sam Allardyce today,would that have been a good choice?bloody right it would,but cast your mind back to June 2008,a certain Mr Hughes decided he wanted to try a bigger club,and off he went,now we left it for John Williams and co to pull another rabbit out the hat,but word soon got out that big Sam was favourite,and what happened was mental,fans having petitions,slagging him off on forums,telegraph etc,and I swear to this day the board were swayed with the hate against Sam,and they decided on Ince,big mistake,but as soon as he was potted,Sam was in next day,no chance of being swayed again,I put that to John Williams son Simon,when he was at the Rovers,and he gave a wry smile but didn't deny it,unfortunately through Venkys incompetence our level of manager is less than what it was,whether Coyle works out who knows,not a choice I would have made,but you never know,bit of luck needed,did a decent job with dingles,not as good at Bolton,but a sight better than Lennon did,who was supposed to be a decent manager,same at Wigan,but again better than his successor Malky McKay who again was supposed to be the real deal,time will tell,will still be there next season and every season....

Coyle has it all to do. He's got a hell of alot work to do on the squad and he needs plenty of early positive results.

As far as I m concerned, this is probably the second worst appointment they could have really made, behind rehiring Kean.

90% of the fan base against him from the off (rightly so) gives him an impossible task.

Awful time to be a Rovers fan.

Just out of interest, who's Coyle's normal backroom team?

The only hope I cling to is that Irvine and Kelly will sort the coaching/tactics out well enough, leaving the full kit w@nker to just be Mr Motivator.

Might just see us avoid relegation? But I don't expect Irvine and Kelly to last the season anyway

Let's be totally honest,whoever was appointed today,most on here would have slagged him off,partly because of the hate of Venkys,and partly because that's what some Rovers fans do all the time.If they had appointed Sam Allardyce today,would that have been a good choice?bloody right it would,but cast your mind back to June 2008,a certain Mr Hughes decided he wanted to try a bigger club,and off he went,now we left it for John Williams and co to pull another rabbit out the hat,but word soon got out that big Sam was favourite,and what happened was mental,fans having petitions,slagging him off on forums,telegraph etc,and I swear to this day the board were swayed with the hate against Sam,and they decided on Ince,big mistake,but as soon as he was potted,Sam was in next day,no chance of being swayed again,I put that to John Williams son Simon,when he was at the Rovers,and he gave a wry smile but didn't deny it,unfortunately through Venkys incompetence our level of manager is less than what it was,whether Coyle works out who knows,not a choice I would have made,but you never know,bit of luck needed,did a decent job with dingles,not as good at Bolton,but a sight better than Lennon did,who was supposed to be a decent manager,same at Wigan,but again better than his successor Malky McKay who again was supposed to be the real deal,time will tell,will still be there next season and every season....

I fainted trying to read that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Backroom

This may be true if it wasn't for the fact that Lamberts appointment was met with near unanimous positivity

The only hope I cling to is that Irvine and Kelly will sort the coaching/tactics out well enough, leaving the full kit w@nker to just be Mr Motivator.

Might be something in that, away from all the conspiracy theories. Surely Warnock would be the obvious choice though for that scenario.

The problem with Coyle is that no-one else linked with the job has been less successful as a manager in the last 6 years. It's astounding.

Whilst I wouldn't agree, i can see the thought process behind unproven managers such as Joyce or Ainsworth. I can see the logic behind a journeyman like Slade.

I cannot see the logic behind a serial-failing busted flush whose professionalism has been scorned at by his own former players.

Come into some information about some of the recent goings on at Rovers. I wont post them on here, DM me if you want to hear what i've been told. I have typed up a response that will be sent to everyone who wants to know so you'll all get the same response.

Strange post

Might be something in that, away from all the conspiracy theories. Surely Warnock would be the obvious choice though for that scenario.

Absolutely he would be.

I am just desperately (and foolishly) trying to find any positive from this whole damn mess.

Despite Coyle being described as the 'stand out candidate', I think its more likely that Coyle was the only one willing to join the circus. He no doubt wants a last pay day before he disappears into football obscurity. He had no chance of landing a job anywhere else. His reputation is pretty much in tatters already. May as well have a laugh managing the rovers as a last hoorah. Any candidate with a shred of sense would decline the job as its career suicide. Lambert seemed like the first sensible decision ever made by the Raos, but then they didn't back him and he justifiably walked away. They have decided to let us rot and I suspect they hate the fans so much that they are laughing at the prospect of our demise. With the owners mentality, we may as well hire a farmyard animal as manager as its completely irrelevant in the long run. We are defunct, dead, dilapidated, doomed.

Archived