BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

Usually people only allow themselves to be kicked in the nuts once and that was because they were off guard.

By renewing you're season ticket you are supporting what they are doing to our club, you are essentially endorsing it. If you cared about the club you wouldn't go, no matter how hard it might be for you to not go.

Short term pain for long term gain. This could have all been averted 4 years ago had everyones brains worked at the same speed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've made a few insane appointments in those 55 years,did you stop going when Iley,Kidd,Ince,KEANE,Berg,Appleton was appointed,what's the big difference now?

Do you actually need to be told the reasons as to why it's different? You going senile or just thick?

Forgetting the obvious connections to people we would like to see the back of, forgetting the fact that he cosied up to the devil and managed the dingles, I have to think about his record without trying to sound like I'm defending the appointment, just trying to see if there are any positives to be gained from it.

Irvine and Kelly, two highly respected coaches remain, I see this as a good thing for building from the bottom, bringing on youth etc

His record with the dingles was good in this division.

Hardly the only one that failed at Wigan and Bolton, both relegated from this division under supposedly decent managers for this level like Lennon, McKay and other not able to halt the slide either.

3 potential positives, I don't have time to list the negatives and they wouldn't be any different to most already expressed I imagine.

He is the manager now and despite all the hang ups I have about him and the owners it is still my club. I was delighted when Lambert was appointed and that didn't turn out too well, maybe if I expect the worst I might be happily surprised come next May.

Football has done stranger things.

You are welcome to this opinion but it's just as easy to say those who walk are fair weather. Both remarks are untrue.

If you can't understand why people still want to go, you must know less about football clubs than the owners themselves. It's got nothing to do with funding Venkys, it's about being a Blackburn Rovers fan!

I think, perhaps by my own fault, you have missed my issue with todays news.

This isn't about Coyle. I don't rate him, I remember him sticking the boot in with Kean, I remember him celebrating wildly in front of Rovers fans while at Bolton - but I can accept things change in football. I've booed Diouf, Savage, Bellamy - but i've also cheered them. This is the same scenario as with Coyle.

As far as I'm concerned the appointment of Coyle is a symbol of defiance from Venkys and their advisors, who I believe to be SEM. I also put the clubs decline over the last 5 years squarely at the feet of everybody involved, Venkys, SEM, Kean - all of them. My reasons for refusing to have anything to do with the club moving forwards are simple, I cannot bring myself to show any signs of support towards what they are doing at this football club. As far as I'm concerned with Venkys and SEM still at this football club they may as well hire Kean and put him on the touchline, not Coyle. Its the same thing to me, whether its Coyle or Kean on the touchline no longer matters. They are the same breed.

• Backroom

I have a seat on hold until the 4th July.

At this moment I'm in between renewing in my own defiance or not renewing as a different form of defiance, ultimately I'll probably ask my 5 year old what he wants to do but they have a month to impress me somehow

• Backroom

Renewing isn't defiance, though. They'll destroy the club whether you attend or not - you're just paying them for the privilege of doing so.

I make no judgement on attending or boycotting due to my location, but attending is not defiance. It's just attending. Boycotting is similarly just staying away, the only difference being Venky's/SEM aren't getting any of your cash.

Ultimately, this situation needs far more than in stadium protests OR boycotting. It needs something that is likely beyond the fanbase. So arguing about attendance or non-attendance seems a bit pointless.

I'll say it again - what if we start the season well and the team is looking good ?

Coyle's past record and SEM connections will be irrelevant if gets the results.

I'll repeat that I'm not happy with this appointment but there has been an over-reaction on here.

Renewing isn't defiance, though. They'll destroy the club whether you attend or not - you're just paying them for the privilege of doing so.

I make no judgement on attending or boycotting due to my location, but attending is not defiance. It's just attending. Boycotting is similarly just staying away, the only difference being Venky's/SEM aren't getting any of your cash.

Ultimately, this situation needs far more than in stadium protests OR boycotting. It needs something that is likely beyond the fanbase. So arguing about attendance or non-attendance seems a bit pointless.

The smaller the crowd the more likely they sell.

• Backroom

The smaller the crowd the more likely they sell.

There's no evidence that is true, though. Crowds have dwindled throughout their tenure and they continue to put out statements saying they aren't interested in selling.

For the record, Coyle's win % in his last three jobs read:

Bolton 33%

Wigan 30%

Houston 34%

Gary Bowyer had a win % of 34% at Rovers. So management-wise we're essentially no better off than we were one year ago. We do, however, have a much weaker squad, a much weaker boardroom structure (which wasn't strong to begin with) and a fanbase more disenchanted than ever before.

If people want to throw out hypotheticals to justify Coyle's appointment, go ahead. But reality will bite you hard on the arse when the season starts.

I'll say it again - what if we start the season well and the team is looking good ?

I'll repeat that I'm not happy with this appointment but there has been an over-reaction on here.

I'd say there's been an under-reaction, even if we try to forget about his connections for a minute, his record since his lucky season

with the Dingles, is pretty damned poor and he was just about to be sacked again, by an MLS team bottom of their league.

I'll say it again - no matter what the results, or whether the team is looking good, I will not step foot back into Ewood Park whilst Venkys have any percentage of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Coyle's past record and SEM connections will blind any results which he gets.

I'll repeat that I'm not happy with this appointment.

The league table doesn't lie, if he turns out to be a bad appointment then the league table will reflect that.

Forgive me for wanting to see some actual results before writing the guy off.

Yeah the league table didn't lie in his recent jobs either.

The league table doesn't lie, if he turns out to be a bad appointment then the league table will reflect that.

Forgive me for wanting to see some actual results before writing the guy off.

Results don't matter to me anymore, his appointment is all part of the corruption.

Venky's Out, SEM/Kentaro Out.

It's not Blackburn Rovers whilst they are still involved, nothing to support.

There's always an over- reaction on here Jim..

• Moderation Lead

All posturing aside, if you go on a Bolton or a Burnley message board, they'll all be cocking themselves laughing at us, which speaks volumes.

The fact his son has just retweeted something he tweeted over a week ago "things happen for a reason" referring to Coyle, I have no doubt this was all tied up a couple of weeks ago, so probably no other interviews took place, all bull, hence why cheston went on holiday

Some people are just so far removed from the reality of the situation. The situation at Ewood is no longer a conpsiracy but a fact that the club is being run by a 3rd party agency. Just read Roverstalk for an ostrich opinion or even this from the LET

I seem to be the only one who is reasonably pleased with this appointment. Too many acting like sheep and following others slagging of OC. He did well at Burnley, so so at the others. All I care is someone who can sort out the team. Some are so blind they can't see past the Dingle connection. If we win three out of the first five all will be forgotten #hypocrites.

Yep. This got my goat last night..Tall Rover, I think?...

The fact his son has just retweeted something he tweeted over a week ago "things happen for a reason" referring to Coyle, I have no doubt this was all tied up a couple of weeks ago, so probably no other interviews took place, all bull, hence why cheston went on holiday

I was thinking the same ads. The articles on Joyce etc being offered an interview, smoke and mirrors to make Sky Bet some money.

Archived