BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

The new bout of fan infighting the appointment has precipitated is already proof it was the wrong appointment.

The super fans are already saying things along the lines of 'it's the fans at fault' to those of us who are sickened by the appointment.

They just cannot see the reality.

All other things aside, this is the biggest issue.

We needed a manager to unite the fanbase. Short of Kean, this is about the most effective appointment in terms of dividing it. He has all of the wrong ingredients.

We saw how unfit the players were allowed to become in the holiday camp under Bowyer. A manager who doesn't focus on this is a no-no because we don't have the players who are professional enough to look after themselves. After hearing Bennett come in and talk about fitness, saying "I'm fit but I'm not Lambert fit", I'm thoroughly depressed to think that we aren't going to see the results of one of his pre-seasons.

Whelan wasn't a fan. He's a good judge of folk (see Venkys first impressions) and he saw Onan up close. That's good enough for me.

That's before we include him being ex-Bumley, ex-Bolton, and the unignorable SEM links, whatever the current situation. We are a laughing stock. Pride of Lancashire? No more.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I wouldn't disagree with some of what you say Stuart, I think trying to unite a fanbase which has become so split is going to be nigh on impossible. At the end of the day football is a game of opinions and we all have different opinions. I liked Bowyer, you didn't. We both liked Lambert but Rev and a few others didn't. A quick glance at other social media sites shows just how diverse opinions really are. I usually only look at this board - as I have done for over a decade - and you can start to believe that this reflects the whole fanbase. A look elsewhere shows that it doesn't. Like you, I have grave reservations about Coyle simply because of his record at other clubs after he left Burnley. I don't care that he managed Burnley - we've had players who have been legends at the Turf and fully got behind them when they arrived at Ewood. I'm not too bothered that he supported Kean - managers tend to stick together which is understandable. However, it's his record at the likes of Bolton and Wigan which is my main worry and you do wonder just how bad the other candidates must have been if he is the standout candidate. However, as I have no intention of boycotting the club it will be a case of hoping for the best whilst expecting the worst. At the same time I can totally understand the frustrations of those who have decided enough is enough and intend to walk away. Sad times indeed.

One thing that the Dingles will never admit to, at least most of them, is that they were absolutely heartbroken when he left. Six years on we're heartbroken that he's arrived.

The whole reason Burnley's fans despise Coyle is because of that very reason. But as the years went by, the club have appointed better mangers in Howe and Dyche since, while Coyle has failed, failed and failed again and in hindsight fans have realised that it was definitely a blessing in disguise that he jumped ship to Bolton.

I look at it more like he bit off more than he could chew at Bolton and halted his own development as a manager. If he'd remained at Burnley he'd have been given a chance to fail (in PL) and develop.

Him going to Bolton was bad for himself and the club. Both went backwards.

If anyone says to you "it's just because he managed dingles" just tell them you'd take Howe or Dyche in a nanosecond! That's what I did.

Anyway. I was so angry yesterday I gave myself a migraine. Early night and a long sleep I've come round to it a bit today.

Ignoring topmans jibe from yesterday, they won't beat me! As PB says, I'll be going expecting the worst.

1 huge positive that my hatred for coyle and the scenario seem to have missed, coyle is actually a manager.

Putting all the SEM stuff to side, plus his dodgy methods and poor attitude for jumping ship at the first opportunity at Burnley.. He's a manager.

We've only had 8 months of those in 6 years. I thought GB did a good job but he didn't come here as a manager.

I would've took nearly anyone over Owen Coyle, and I think the backdoor way he's been appointed is disgusting, however.... He is a manager.

I spoke to a intelligent dingle (yes I know, not many around) and he is adamant the OC started their recent success.

a straw to snatch at? It's not worth making yourself ill getting angry about the opposite!

I honestly don't get your liking for commas for a starter, you even have one after your username. However in all seriousness, you've always come across as a quiet poster, average of 2 posts a month over 10 years (270ish in 10 years). All of a sudden you are lambasting everyone who questions the appointments and the owners. Historically you've been rather anonymous posting the odd player links and having a genuine chat, now this.

. Oh,I'm very sorry,didn't realise you had to post every day before you can have a view,I don't post much because of the cretins like you on here,who blasts averybody who dare to put any positive views on here,I hate the owners with a vengeance but it won't stop me supporting the club,you've replied to my post about commas,and how many posts,but not mentioned the content re fans blasting Alardyces possible appointment back in the day,fans starting a petition to sack Coyle before he's started is pathetic,appointing a manager is a lottery,sometimes it works and sometimes doesn't,like I said re Wigan,they sacked Coyle,and appointed McKay and the whole of Wigan were creaming themselves,then what, he was worse than Coyle,have I put enough commas in for you?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If anyone says to you "it's just because he managed dingles" just tell them you'd take Howe or Dyche in a nanosecond! That's what I did.

Anyway. I was so angry yesterday I gave myself a migraine. Early night and a long sleep I've come round to it a bit today.

Ignoring topmans jibe from yesterday, they won't beat me! As PB says, I'll be going expecting the worst.

1 huge positive that my hatred for coyle and the scenario seem to have missed, coyle is actually a manager.

Putting all the SEM stuff to side, plus his dodgy methods and poor attitude for jumping ship at the first opportunity at Burnley.. He's a manager.

We've only had 8 months of those in 6 years. I thought GB did a good job but he didn't come here as a manager.

I would've took nearly anyone over Owen Coyle, and I think the backdoor way he's been appointed is disgusting, however.... He is a manager.

I spoke to a intelligent single (yes I know, not many around) and he is adamant the OC started their recent success.

a straw to snatch at? It's not worth making yourself ill getting angry about the opposite!

Bumbly fans frequent Match.com?

my other half just wants me not to get arrested or have heart attack over it....THANKS VENKYS . #VENKYSOUT #COYLEOUT

Maybe taking a break from all things rovers might be good idea, women are often right!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (I'd like to know anyway) but I thought NDA's usually only last up to 5 years so if that's the case then surely people like John Williams and Big Sam can now speak out.

This is an interesting point. Where is John Williams now....

I look at it more like he bit off more than he could chew at Bolton and halted his own development as a manager. If he'd remained at Burnley he'd have been given a chance to fail (in PL) and develop.

Him going to Bolton was bad for himself and the club. Both went backwards.

We're Burnley fans considered it as a 'sideways move', Coyle famously said that he chose Bolton because they were 10 years ahead of Burnley.

Bolton fans were getting bored of the football Megson was giving them, but they stagnating. So I could see the appeal in bringing in Owen Coyke, a young positive manager and former player who likes to play attaching football and being praised for his work at overachieving Burnley. The mistake they made is that they cleared EVERYONE out and brought in the whole Burnley backroom team as well.

They had two goalkeeping coaches at Bolton, the one who Coyle brought from Burnley and the original guy who they initially released, but Jussi Jaaskelainen demanded to keep him. Do he got on the wrong foot with one of the players at least.

Which reminds me of another Coyle story. Burnley had TWO kit men. If you can find it, the team photo includes a fat fella who sticks out like a sore thumb. He was was actually his brother-in-law (or something) who was sorted out with a job at Turf Moor... I've been told that he was hopeless by staff who worked there at the time.

Which reminds me of another Coyle story. Burnley had TWO kit men. If you can find it, the team photo includes a fat fella who sticks out like a sore thumb. He was was actually his brother-in-law (or something) who was sorted out with a job at Turf Moor... I've been told that he was hopeless by staff who worked there at the time.

Sounds perfect for Rovers then. Actually if I'm honest I'm not too bothered about that kind of thing, I think it happens at most clubs. As long as Myles Anderson doesn't return that is.

My issues are his links to Kentaro/SEM and that he looks like a one season wonder. I just don't think the guy has it in him and we will just end up being used by agents again.

This is an interesting point. Where is John Williams now....

I can see Shaw letting it slip when he's drunk and emotional :P

This is a huge point and one of the most hurtful things in all this. Rovers heroes and officials (who are 'stand up and be counted style' men) have all remained quiet.

Surely it's not simply a monetary matter > ?

If the season pans out ,how I suspect ,the appointment of Coyle will deflect away from the owners.....In other words the manager will take the brunt of the criticism , which is wrong , we have to go after the worst owners ever in English football...

First thing Mr Coyle needs to do in his press conference is to distance himself from Kentaro sem ......

Not a penny more from me until Venkys leave....

Good point about the blame deflection and I wouldn't be surprised if that played a big part in his selection for the job, if indeed there was ever any real selection.

They know we hate them anyway and they'll know we hate Coyle so what better way than to plant him on the touchline as the target for flak whilst they continue to dismantle the club. He's happy to do it, he'll gain sympathy and his million pieces of silver, Kean was happy to do it when their reign of terror began and we know the similarities.

Another perfect window dressing exercise just when the focus was switching firmly on them they offer up a standing target. All the talk is of Burnley connections in the disgraceful LT whilst missing the real issues again. Just what the V's ordered.

We wanted a figurehead not a hate figure you @#/?

Sometimes, it does begin to look like a deliberate diversion strategy.

We have got to re- focus on Venkys. Yes, I am concerned about the SEM/Kentaro links, but I agree we shouldn't allow Coyle become their lightning rod.

The lazy jounalists will take the superficial "Coyle never got a chance" line....

Talking to a Bolton fan at work.

'He wanted rid of the under 21s, "don't need them, I want a core group" '

Music to the ears of a downsizing club, I would imagine.

But doesn't that massively contradict what Cheston said about bringing younger players through? Aside from Rodriguez at Burnley I can't think of a youngster he has given a chance to.

The whole saga stinks to high heaven of subterfuge and corruption.

Sometimes, it does begin to look like a deliberate diversion strategy.

We have got to re- focus on Venkys. Yes, I am concerned about the SEM/Kentaro links, but I agree we shouldn't allow Coyle become their lightning rod.

The lazy jounalists will take the superficial "Coyle never got a chance" line....

I genuinely don't think Coyle will be given any stick at games as I think the most vocal of the fans will not be there. The five or six thousand will be like Ewood Spark or watered down versions of him.

But doesn't that massively contradict what Cheston said about bringing younger players through? Aside from Rodriguez at Burnley I can't think of a youngster he has given a chance to.

The whole saga stinks to high heaven of subterfuge and corruption.

Absolutely arbitro, rotten from top to the bottom this club, with stooges running the show locally and idiots running the show in London, Switzerland and Pune.

Only option is to boycott the club in my opinion, its not for everyone I understand that, but not going sends a clear message that can't be spun any other way than you're a bunch of ****s :tu:

#venkysout

Archived