BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby Away 24.09.2016

From Paul Wheelock

Gordon Greer back training. As are Danny Graham and Anthony Stokes - decision on whether they are in squad for Sat will be made tmrw #rovers

Wes Brown will be in the squad. Scott Wharton joins Charlie Mulgrew, Adam Henley and Elliott Ward on the sidelines. #rovers

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

As much as I obviously don't want this to be the case, what's the betting Derby co-incidentally find their shooting boots and form on Saturday?

Derby can't buy a win and aren't scoring many at the moment. I think we all know the script for this one.......

We've seen it so many times over the last few seasons. Rovers head away to a team that is really struggling for form and a manager under increasing pressure and they manage to get that result they desperately need against us. We're the team that any struggling side/manager will want to play as recent history shows we're a soft touch, particularly away from home, and any sort of sustained pressure sees us crumble.

No excuses whatsoever for Coyle ahead of this one. He chose to field a much changed team on Tuesday and admitted it was done with one eye on Saturday's match. The well trodden excuse of poor little Rovers can't compete with the likes of Derby because they've spent loads of money is nothing more than making excuses that aren't there. Especially if Graham and Stokes are coming back into the squad, he's suddenly got an abundance of attacking options at his disposal.

Derby haven't scored at home in the league yet, and have only scored twice in eight league games this season. We're at 11 and counting without a clean sheet this season.

Trying to see where we can get something here and just maybe if we got in front not long before half time we could get something. They get restless quickly down there as large crowds often do when playing bottom teams so maybe they'll get on their backs.

Heart says we'll grind a 1 - 1

Head says routine thumping and pockets being filled somewhere by people running a crap team and hiring a crap manager.

Derby 4 Rovers 1

I'm going:

Friedel, Emerton Nelson Todd Neill, Bentley Savage Tugay Pedersen, Bellamy Dickov.

Subs: Enckleman, Khizanishvili, Grey, Gallagher, Reid, Pongolle, Kuqi.

Harsh on Reid but unless we're going 4-5-1 I can't find room for him. Can't go 4-5-1 because Dickov's workrate is tremendous up top and leaves so much space for Bellamy. Lucky that Neill can play anywhere across the back 4 as I don't think much of Matteo. Hope signs that new contract!

Rovers 2-1 win.

My team would be

Steele Lowe Brown Hoban Williams Marshall Guthrie Evans Conway Gallagher Emnes

subs:- Raya Greer Lenihan Apkan Samuelsen Bennett Stokes

I think the only difference will be that Greer will start ahead of Brown who will be on the bench. Difficult game to predict really as Derby have spent an awful lot of money this summer and must surely come good at some point. I think a draw is possible if we can cut out individual mistakes.

I'm going:

Friedel, Emerton Nelson Todd Neill, Bentley Savage Tugay Pedersen, Bellamy Dickov.

Subs: Enckleman, Khizanishvili, Grey, Gallagher, Reid, Pongolle, Kuqi.

Harsh on Reid but unless we're going 4-5-1 I can't find room for him. Can't go 4-5-1 because Dickov's workrate is tremendous up top and leaves so much space for Bellamy. Lucky that Neill can play anywhere across the back 4 as I don't think much of Matteo. Hope signs that new contract!

Ah, memories.....

Sadly, you need to downgrade the ability of the entire squad and manager by some distance before you reach the current reality.

I think the only difference will be that Greer will start ahead of Brown who will be on the bench. Difficult game to predict really as Derby have spent an awful lot of money this summer and must surely come good at some point. I think a draw is possible if we can cut out individual mistakes.

Not sure on Greer, cos he did pick up an injury last week so I selected Brown as he has been training with us and has played some games.

Our fundamental aim should be to get through the first 45-60 minutes without conceding. If the game drifts through to the last 20-30 minutes at 0-0 then the Derby players will start to feel the heat and their fans will start to panic.

Unfortunately I don't think this manager has such a gameplan in his locker, and even if he did doesn't have the nous to execute a defensive strategy to try and frustrate the home team before trying to nick a 1-0 late on in the game.

The worst possible thing we could do is go there, go gung ho, give them encouragement from the start, concede early on and allow them to get their tails up and the confidence flowing.

Very tricky game this one. Going for a win if Emnes keeps firing. Derby 0 Rovers 2 :rover:

I was going to go as this is not far away but at these prices:

Matchday Ticket prices are as follows:
Adults £28.50
Seniors 65+ £20.00
Under 18’s £16.50

I would be 45 quid before I even set off!

I've never looked but how much do we charge away fans?

Just looked! Blimey what a rip off!

Rovers vs Sheff Wed away prices:

Adults£27
65+ £17
18-21 £17
Under 18 £9
Do we really check if someone is 17 or 18?

Derby's net spend was 250k profit! They've brought in Vydra and Anya for fees, Vydra had 1 good season 4 years ago, they've been had IMO. They lost Hendricks and Martin, IMO they are a weaker side than last year, although still better in paper than us

Our fundamental aim should be to get through the first 45-60 minutes without conceding. If the game drifts through to the last 20-30 minutes at 0-0 then the Derby players will start to feel the heat and their fans will start to panic.

Unfortunately I don't think this manager has such a gameplan in his locker, and even if he did doesn't have the nous to execute a defensive strategy to try and frustrate the home team before trying to nick a 1-0 late on in the game.

The worst possible thing we could do is go there, go gung ho, give them encouragement from the start, concede early on and allow them to get their tails up and the confidence flowing.

Our defence is weak so if we go out to hold them we are bound to concede. We need at least two to three goals in the knowledge that we are going to let in a goal in the last five minutes. We normally do. Will Hughes is the player that I fear.

Bang on the money that.

I think the last sentence is exactly how it'll go though....

2-0 Derby. Maybe 2-1 if we nick one late on, allowing Coyle to ramble on about how we never gave up.

Archived