BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Corry Evans not playing rest of the season

In the best part of four seasons at the club, Evans has played in only 108 games, or about 50% of total games. Very unreliable player because of his injury record.

Just now, davulsukur said:

I don't think he did actually play, he just went and trained with the squad, which is random in its own right

A fully fit Evans (contradiction in itself admittedly) would have been a great resource to have on the run in. Graham out, Evans out and if we get any more injuries, especially Mulgrew- or suspensions in this mad period of games it could spell serious damage .

But at least we know the right players weren't available at the right price to supplement this threadbare squad in the January window. Venky tosspots , Senior you are a tool.

Not the sort of player for a battle in my opinion. At his very best a lower half champ player. Which is what we are. Thing is, I still wouldn't pick him even if fit compared to what we have (which isn't saying much).

Oh dear god that header against Burnley....I'm having a flashback....:mellow:

They'll be getting rid in the next round of cost cutting it's on the cards as far as he is concerned. Another one of Gaz's raging underachievers. More in his locker than he's shown here on regular basis as a passenger. Won't be missed because he hardly ever plays or contributes odd good game aside but as usual his replacement if there even is one will probably be worse.

They'll get 500k plus add ons for this lad and 10k off the weekly wages again.

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Same affliction Ryan Nelsen had apparently.

Every season there seems to be an 'injury' or issue like this towards the end. It's getting really old. Given what happened with Nelsen, Samba, Givet, Salgado, it's no wonder fans are cynical.

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Keeping him in wraps to sell in the summer for a fee and in the interim avoid paying any appearance related bonuses. He's got 2 years still to run on his Rovers contract.

Lets see if Senior can get shut of Evans for a reasonable fee and Im not holding my breath.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/corry-evans/profil/spieler/73501

If we can sell that crock for a fee then happy days! I wouldn't mind if he was payed up personally.

Sorry but we shouldn't be paying anyone up ever again there's been enough of that pishtaking going on and it sends the wrong message to players who fancy a move and a wedge. Besides that they tend to do it for years rather than all at once which hamstrings the club more in the long run. The only people who really benefit besides the player is the agents as always and we are already a soft touch or an involved set of agents cash cow depending on what you believe.

I said when we signed Stokes it stunk and we'd end up paying him off, someone has got him here just to make a quick few quid. I stand by that, there'll be a mutual consent in summer just watch. He'lll probably suddenly pitch up in a few games at the end of the season in a shop window job as will Evans unless another appearance triggers something.

• Backroom

Yeah, I'm sure we'll get in a much better replacement. Evans zipping around the pitch in a wheelchair will probably be more effective than the dross we bring in to replace him. 

Just now, DE. said:

Yeah, I'm sure we'll get in a much better replacement. Evans zipping around the pitch in a wheelchair will probably be more effective than the dross we bring in to replace him. 

How could the replacement possibly be worse than someone that never plays anyway?

52 minutes ago, DE. said:

In his 4 seasons at Ewood, how many times have you walked away from a game saying Evans played well today? He goes under the radar because he never ventures forward, rarely tries a forward pass, never puts a hard challenge in etc. 

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, RV Blue said:

If we can sell that crock for a fee then happy days! I wouldn't mind if he was payed up personally.

Just what we need with our finances.....:huh:

Archived