BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Bristol City Easter Monday

Paul

• Backroom

Starting to feel nervous about this one, wasn't nervous at all before Friday as I was convinced it was over. That bit of hope is a killer.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Venky idiots can't afford to fund it at it's current level anymore even though they've created the mess and they are borrowed out to the max. That's why the drawbridge was pulled up last summer, all the info is out there.

So they are slashing everything back out of desperation and don't tell me a mass boycott wouldn't affect them as far as the Rovers franchise goes because it would. Might not bother their own pockets but business is business and near nothing income might just be thing that makes them finally decide to loosen their grip on the club they are strangling to death slowly.

I'm sure their finance people are already concerned as well as some of their shareholders and business partners. They might just listen to the advice of these people instead of those who continue to benefit from downsizing the club including some that work at it who'll fob them off in order to keep collecting a wage.

Rovers big problem is lack of consistency. Will they find some for the run in when they haven't previously for years? Doubtful. I think we may beat bristol by the odd goal though. Won't be more as despite a star forward line(for this level), we struggle to score.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Got chatting to a Bristol City fan tonight as I'm down in the SW visiting the folks. He says the feeling amongst their fans is Monday is a 'must not lose' as opposed to our 'must win' mindset. They'll be looking to keep it very tight and be happy for it to be a boring affair. An early goal for us would be just the tonic.

As I posted earlier - this will give us the edge!  We are in more desperate need of the points than City and we will be more hungry.  Yesterday's win should serve as an adrenalin shot for all connected to the club.  I have no doubts about this one - 3-1 to Rovers.  Hope I bump into Andy Cryer after the match!

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As I posted earlier - this will give us the edge!  We are in more desperate need of the points than City and we will be more hungry.  Yesterday's win should serve as an adrenalin shot for all connected to the club.  I have no doubts about this one - 3-1 to Rovers.  Hope I bump into Andy Cryer after the match!

If only it worked like this! Stop jinxing us!

7 hours ago, 47er said:

If only it worked like this! Stop jinxing us!

Whatever I post on here has no impact whatsoever on the result.  It's nonsense to suggest otherwise.

Happy Easter.

4 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Why the hell is the club not lowering prices for this important game to maximize the potential crowd on what is a bank holiday...is there no foresight whatsoever at Ewood?

Are you looking for an answer more articulate and reasoned than: "no"?

The story of our season seems to be unexpected scalps away from home, followed by capitulating under any sort of expectation back at Ewood. Hope that Mowbray is drumming that out of the players and instilling some belief before it's too late, but I think Bristol City might put a nail in the coffin. :(

Rovers 1 - 2 Bristol City

Just now, Phil T said:

The story of our season seems to be unexpected scalps away from home, followed by capitulating under any sort of expectation back at Ewood. Hope that Mowbray is drumming that out of the players and instilling some belief before it's too late, but I think Bristol City might put a nail in the coffin. :(

Rovers 1 - 2 Bristol City

Not quite the Philip fillip we needed!

Suhail Slayer needs to have a quiet word with Suhail Slayer regarding discussing Suhail Slayer in the third person. It's the first sign of madness and Blueboy is worried for Suhail Slayer.

Paul Senior, meanwhile, should be reminded that the only way Rovers could be de-valued any further was if we brought in a glorified scout from Sheff Wed and made him Director of Football. Oh, hang on...  

Just looking at their away record, absolutely abysmal, hammered by Preston last time they ventured up our way.

Must win game, we will win, I'm going for a comfortable 2-0.

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Why the hell is the club not lowering prices for this important game to maximize the potential crowd on what is a bank holiday...is there no foresight whatsoever at Ewood?

Yep not like there is going to be several thousand away fans to fleece or anything and I suspect a number of clubs similar to us with a big empty ground to fill might have tried something even if it only brings in a couple of thousand extra.

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

For me Mercer it is the comfortable nature of your predictions that I just cannot understand. Rotherham at home in September is when we last won by 2 clear goals - ONCE all season. We don't have the talent or nous to do comfortable - particularly in a game of tomorrow's magnitude. If we're gonna do it tomorrow then it'll be extremely tight as it has been in every win bar one this season.

That being said, clearly I'd bloody love you to be right! 

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I'm fuming by it. Forest reduced prices to £10 in home areas on Saturday - resulted in over 26,000 there.

Rovers reduced prices to £5 against Huddersfield on Easter Monday in 2001 in a crucial promotion fixture. Sure it was televised on sky. Resulted in an attendance of nearly 30,000 and an important win! 

Bolton reduced prices two weeks ago to £5 and had 24,000. 

I know they have had these deals of 4 games for £40 or whatever it was but they do not work. It's still £40 expenditure that people won't pay. 

If they have had the foresight to reduce prices tomorrow it would have resulted in a bumper crowd and good atmosphere.

I also see Villa is a category A pricing game! Absolutely ridiculous. Please somebody from the club read this and have the foresight to reverse that decision and make it £10 all areas.

I am a season ticket holder - I don't care if they have one off deals like this - it's far more satisfying seeing a full ground 

10 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

For me Mercer it is the comfortable nature of your predictions that I just cannot understand. Rotherham at home in September is when we last won by 2 clear goals - ONCE all season. We don't have the talent or nous to do comfortable - particularly in a game of tomorrow's magnitude. If we're gonna do it tomorrow then it'll be extremely tight as it has been in every win bar one this season.

That being said, clearly I'd bloody love you to be right! 

First goal tomorrow will be key.  As Gav has stated above, this lot have an abysmal away record and I think if we score first, we will go on to notch a couple more as I think they are as spineless as some of ours when we are at our worst.

Conversely, should they score first, and early in the game, I think it will be vital that we keep it bloody tight until at least half time otherwise if they get a second, I would fear the worst as I would not be confident of us coming back from two down, as Barnsley demonstrated.

Just now, david brent said:

I'm fuming by it. Forest reduced prices to £10 in home areas on Saturday - resulted in over 26,000 there.

Rovers reduced prices to £5 against Huddersfield on Easter Monday in 2001 in a crucial promotion fixture. Sure it was televised on sky. Resulted in an attendance of nearly 30,000 and an important win! 

Bolton reduced prices two weeks ago to £5 and had 24,000. 

I know they have had these deals of 4 games for £40 or whatever it was but they do not work. It's still £40 expenditure that people won't pay. 

If they have had the foresight to reduce prices tomorrow it would have resulted in a bumper crowd and good atmosphere.

I also see Villa is a category A pricing game! Absolutely ridiculous. Please somebody from the club read this and have the foresight to reverse that decision and make it £10 all areas.

I am a season ticket holder - I don't care if they have one off deals like this - it's far more satisfying seeing a full ground 

They should have done the £40 deal AND put individual games on for £10 each. 

36 minutes ago, david brent said:

Remember that Hudderfield game well,about 1,000 from Yorkshire at most tucked up in the corner of the Darwen End upper..

Superb crowd and atmosphere..made you feel very proud in a way!

Your comments on pricing are spot on.

As a Season ticket holder I do not mind if it is a nominal price in order to urge the team on.

But what can you expect when the Club's senior Managers have no connection to the Town,the Club or any long-term outlook.

Chancers all of em.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

They also tip us to win. I hope,for the first time in a long time, we handle this slight favourite tag and put Bristol to the sword. 

They're even worse than us way from home. 

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

We won't have a better chance than this to put pressure on the teams above us by getting 3 points.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

They're even worse than us way from home. 

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

We won't have a better chance than this to put pressure on the teams above us by getting 3 points.

We need to focus and concentrate from the get go. Not a repeat of Barnsley. If we score, keep going for more. We need to shut out the possibility of them scoring a late goal to equalise. If we play how we can added with a bit of ruthlessness in front of goal, we can win this. 

Archived