BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RV Blue said:

Anyone else think it's a bit dodgy that he seems to be basically running the club? He's a football manager ffs. If Venky's have for some reason decided they are going to back the club, get a proper structure in!

TM has put out a hell of a lot of positive spin there so I do hope that he gets the backing from Pune that he obviously expects.

A new 2 year contract is a year added to what he's already got plus the 1 year option. Still it's a good sign.

You are completely correct though and a correct club Board structure is desperately needed.

It will be madness if the owners expect TM to be the friendly face and nice calm talker on all Rovers matters.

Oh and if he doesn't get promotion next season then I expect the Raos to sack him. I didn't say I want them to ..... but they will.

Give him a contract extension to sugar coat it then he won't walk when they sell from under him and he doesn't get the 'ins' he wants. Cheaper than paying transfer fees :o

Still i'm glad he's staying on board although only in Venky land do you get financial rewards for failure !

I have a lot of respect got Tony Mowbray and am totally behind him. This is definitely a positive move and I feel totally different to how I did when Coyle's grinning face was in the Telegraph.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

TM has put out a hell of a lot of positive spin there so I do hope that he gets the backing from Pune that he obviously expects.

A new 2 year contract is a year added to what he's already got plus the 1 year option. Still it's a good sign.

You are completely correct though and a correct club Board structure is desperately needed.

It will be madness if the owners expect TM to be the friendly face and nice calm talker on all Rovers matters.

Oh and if he doesn't get promotion next season then I expect the Raos to sack him. I didn't say I want them to ..... but they will.

I wonder has Mowbray said this to them? Or is this an old fashioned Machiavellian power grab :)

This would suggest he has ideas for behind the scenes structures

"There has to be some restructuring internally, because we’re now in League One, but ultimately the aim is to build the departments up as I like them to work"

I love what he says in that report. We do need to build a good squad this season, but we should also be aiming to get back into the premier league. A good season next year, a bit of momentum and who knows the following year 

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wonder has Mowbray said this to them? Or is this an old fashioned Machiavellian power grab :)

This would suggest he has ideas for behind the scenes structures

"There has to be some restructuring internally, because we’re now in League One, but ultimately the aim is to build the departments up as I like them to work"

I love what he says in that report. We do need to build a good squad this season, but we should also be aiming to get back into the premier league. A good season next year, a bit of momentum and who knows the following year 

TM comes across as very thorough on detail and looks like he has a plan for the Club. His position and influence will grow substantially if he gets us back up first time round in what we all know is a very competitive league.

It is to be hoped that he gets the support he will need to have a decent crack at it.

It would seem logical to think that over the course of the meetings he had in Pune he raised the overall management structure, his current role and how it could be improved over time and dare I say how he could advise on that....;)

If the Raos have bought into that then next season will show it.

I am staying cautious and await the release of the elephant from the Audit room.

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Lot of time for TM genuine footballing guy. Not sure he should have got this so soon though. Not sure if it's deserved yet either.

It's a good point. Double edged sword really as we do need to hit the ground running but he is effectively being rewarded for failure.

The other paradox is the idea of rebuilding the team with players better than this division and not having any money.

Why didn't they spend to keep us in the PL but then threw money at the Championship in the first year? Are they about to do the same? And is that a good thing or a bad thing.

One thing is for sure is far rather it was Mowbray than the imposter or the FKW.

5 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Anyone else think it's a bit dodgy that he seems to be basically running the club? He's a football manager ffs. If Venky's have for some reason decided they are going to back the club, get a proper structure in!

Nothing dodgy about it! For all of venkys terrible mistakes, they were well and truly screwed by agents, anderson/sem etc, they wont trust anybody. They had no interest in the game and wanted someone to run the club for them, but enough of that. They call managers over to india to get to know them and look them in the eye. It looks like they like mowbray and like the what he has done so far and i really think they will back him sensibly!

All sounds good on the face of it but let's not get carried away here. Nothing has changed at the top, still the same old. I might start to have a bit more belief if TM is able to assemble a half decent squad for the start of next season. 

Just now, tugayislegend said:

Nothing dodgy about it! For all of venkys terrible mistakes, they were well and truly screwed by agents, anderson/sem etc, they wont trust anybody. They had no interest in the game and wanted someone to run the club for them, but enough of that. They call managers over to india to get to know them and look them in the eye. It looks like they like mowbray and like the what he has done so far and i really think they will back him sensibly!

Sigh!

19 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Don't be bloody silly

Bet Mowbray can't believe his luck. An extended contract after failing to keep us up and the run of one of the best training complexes in the country.

Thankfully, he appears to be a genuine guy who is only interested in the football.

17/18 will tell us if he is any good at his job.

/

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Lot of time for TM genuine footballing guy. Not sure he should have got this so soon though. Not sure if it's deserved yet either.

rewarded for failure in all fairness he took us down.....can he take us back up  ? should only have givne him a new contract if he does ..if he doesn't he really is a busted flush but then again he's at BRFC another Coventry

Just now, Athlete said:

rewarded for failure in all fairness he took us down.....can he take us back up  ? should only have givne him a new contract if he does ..if he doesn't he really is a busted flush but then again he's at BRFC another Coventry

Well we should have seen how it goes at the start of next season maybe till xmas before brandishing new contracts for him, he's achieved very little so far and i think he has a small share in our relegation personally.

Another reckless financial act to award a longer and probably more incentive or financially rewarding contract when he's not exactly flush with suitors. Set him a target, manage Mowbray and ask him to deliver a return by xmas. Motivation for a new contract, don't just give it him in my opinion. 

If he now has a stinking start and goes, we've just given ourselves a more expensive liability to pay off.

CHESTON strikes again.

Cant believe some people are moaning about Mowbray getting a new deal. Show commitment either way and say to the fans this is our guy and we trust him

Fans are behind him at Ewood. 

Plus point return of 22 points from 15 games was excellent with a decent squad

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Cant believe some people are moaning about Mowbray getting a new deal. Show commitment either way and say to the fans this is our guy and we trust him

Fans are behind him at Ewood. 

Plus point return of 22 points from 15 games was excellent with a decent squad

Point is... which you are missing is the fact he has done nothing to deserve one.

Archived