BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Des O’Connor’s gone at 88. 

Sad news. Des always seemed to be on television at weekends and as well as being a really good singer he had a great sense of humour. For us older gits who can forget the way Morecambe and Wise ribbed him in a good natured way of course.

• Like 2

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Sad news. Des always seemed to be on television at weekends and as well as being a really good singer he had a great sense of humour. For us older gits who can forget the way Morecambe and Wise ribbed him in a good natured way of course.

Morecambe and Wise are timeless. I'm 29 and love them, and will be showing them to my chn.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jodrell said:

Ray Clemence RIP

What a keeper he was :tu:

As Sparks said earlier, it seems like all our childhood hero's/entertainers are dying (He wasn't my hero, Jim Arnold was in the Keeper stakes, but you get my drift)

Its a clear sign I'm getting old, but I still think I'm 21.

Edited by Gav

Me and my sons met Ray in Alcudia in 2003 and it was like chatting to an old pal talking to him about football. Lovely man and we also shared flights with John Robertson of Forest and Scotland on the same holiday and when we told Ray this he said “Please pass on my regards to him and his family if you’re on the same flight back”, which we were and we did. Sad day ?

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

Met with my dad as a patron of Prostate Cancer UK. RIP big man :(

I got lucky with that Mike. It was caught in time and I'm ok now. Some blokes are too squeamish and leave it until it's too late. My next door neighbour was one and it spread to his spine. He died on Boxing Day 2 years ago. Any blokes over 45 reading this - get tested !

• Like 2

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I got lucky with that Mike. It was caught in time and I'm ok now. Some blokes are too squeamish and leave it until it's too late. My next door neighbour was one and it spread to his spine. He died on Boxing Day 2 years ago. Any blokes over 45 reading this - get tested !

Dad still kicking 6 years after terminal prognosis of 5-7yrs, you'd never know he had it. It might not be a cure, but I think the 'Stampede' drug trial he's on has halted it.

Without any other intervention, his PSA has been at 0 (zero) ever since. Down from 775 at diagnosis when 4 (four) was considered 'high risk of cancer'!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Despite being a footballers' agent he was no expert on football - he negotiated a £9k bonus for Dave Beasant for every goal he scored unaware that he was a goalkeeper.

It worked. Wasn't Beasant one of of only two PL keepers to score a goal.

The other being....

• Backroom
2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Don't recall Beasant scoring in the premier league? There have been others though: Paul Robinson, Tim Howard, Begovic (sp?), and Peter Schmeichel spring to mind

Cough FRIEDEL cough