BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

38 minutes ago, Lihamylly said:

Magpies fans rate Armstrong high and have big hopes for him. Small and fast youngster, who have already had an successful spell on this league with Coventry (20 goals).

Might be just what we need or at least something different to add to the basket. Might also be a great partner to Danny, like already mentioned here.

I hope we get him.

Bradford is also after him, but ...

"Bradford not prepared to pay #nufc wage demands so a reunion Tony Mowbray at Blackburn the likely destination (sounds like it's pretty much a done deal). "

I have this odd feeling that the decisive fight which one of us is going to grab the second straight promotion slot, is fought now.

A six-pointer in transfer market.

Just a feeling.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even looking on Twitter Rovers fans seem fairly united in their desire not to have Lowe back. Maybe that was that purpose of the leak. That and to make us appreciate what midfielders we do have.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Even looking on Twitter Rovers fans seem fairly united in their desire not to have Lowe back. Maybe that was that purpose of the leak. That and to make us appreciate what midfielders we do have.

You might be onto something there seeing as Evans has been under scrutiny recently.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It took some a bit longer than others to see the many flaws in Lowe's game and I would imagine Smallwood finally showing even the most patient of fans exactly what was missing from his game. Practically everything.

Just now, Stuart said:

There's some pond life on the FB page who think it's a good deal though saying stuff like 'he works hard', 'he cares', he's a rovers fan through and through'. You know, all the same attributes that we could claim to have too.

In 6 short months, Richie Smallwood has shown more fight, drive, determination, leadership and purpose than Lowe did in 7 years. Basically everything Lowe should have been. In fact, as an England U-21 captain, and our captain, Lowe should seemingly have excelled in these traits. 

There is a big world of new and potentially exciting players out there. A sophisticated new scouting network we are told. If we end up bringing that perennial loser back, it's a terrible lack of inventiveness. 

I wish it wasn't Bayes who tweeted this then I'd find it hard to believe. 

He also tweeted "If Rovers sign Armstrong,Lowe,Downing,a back up left back and another creative midfielder then it will be a good window.

He obviously has contact with Mowbray and no mention of a pacy winger which us a disappointment 

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, DE. said:

A huge fall from grace for the boy. First team appearances in the PL, Welsh international, now can't even win a contract in League 1... and he's only 23.

Remember when he was going to Real Madrid?

Glad that we seem close to loaning a pacey striker that has previously netted 20 goals in this league. 

Don't know much about Bell.

Still need pace on at least one wing but preferably both.

Right back would be very welcome too.

7 minutes ago, LDRover said:

There's some pond life on the FB page who think it's a good deal though saying stuff like 'he works hard', 'he cares', he's a rovers fan through and through'. You know, all the same attributes that we could claim to have too.

Yet people with zero connection to the club and possibly on the end of a wage reduction opted to stay and put it right, odd that ?

Just now, islander200 said:

I wish it wasn't Bayes who tweeted this then I'd find it hard to believe. 

He also tweeted "If Rovers sign Armstrong,Lowe,Downing,a back up left back and another creative midfielder then it will be a good window.

He obviously has contact with Mowbray and no mention of a pacy winger which us a disappointment 

I think he's making it up as he goes along. Armstrong is always going to be linked here. He's just had his spell at Bolton ended, was very successful under Mowbray at Coventry - and that one was doing the rounds in the summer as well as all over the nationals today, Bayes is just piggybacking on that.

Downing always likely to join on a permanent given his importance to the team 1st half of the season and his availabilily.

Back up left back - I believe Mowbray has mentioned this in public himself and we've been linked with Bell for a couple of weeks.

I don't think Radio Lancs or the Telegraph have any scoops any more. 

One tweet mentioning Lowe is surplus to requirements at Birmingham and its all over the place. As mentioned earlier Mowbray himself said he wanted to keep him last summer but couldn't due to his wages.

Just now, JHRover said:

I think he's making it up as he goes along. Armstrong is always going to be linked here. He's just had his spell at Bolton ended, was very successful under Mowbray at Coventry - and that one was doing the rounds in the summer as well as all over the nationals today, Bayes is just piggybacking on that.

Downing always likely to join on a permanent given his importance to the team 1st half of the season and his availabilily.

Back up left back - I believe Mowbray has mentioned this in public himself and we've been linked with Bell for a couple of weeks.

I don't think Radio Lancs or the Telegraph have any scoops any more. 

One tweet mentioning Lowe is surplus to requirements at Birmingham and its all over the place. As mentioned earlier Mowbray himself said he wanted to keep him last summer but couldn't due to his wages.

Do hope you are right.Really don't want to see Lowe back here.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Rovers fan? He’s from Leigh.

He was ‘Rovers through and through’ because of his ridiculous wage, no other club would touch him with a barge pole.

A guy that's 'Rovers through and through' who turned us down in the summer for Birmingham Fing City, not that we should have offered him a contract in the first place (but we did), some Rovers fan. Farce of situation and IMO Tony loses the fans completely if it goes through, it would be absolute suicide. Hopefully the reaction on here has dissuaded Mowbray from letting it go through, sounds to me as if he's badly misjudged it (there must be something in it or Bayes wouldn't say anything, he's basically Mowbray's mouthpiece at this point), I'm sure someone at Rovers will be reading as we speak.  

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Do hope you are right.Really don't want to see Lowe back here.

I'd be very surprised and disappointed in Mowbray if he brought him back. We simply don't need more bodies in those positions, certainly not for what Lowe would bring, but even if we did I would like to think all Mowbray's talk about building something new and different means something.

Just now, JHRover said:

I'd be very surprised and disappointed in Mowbray if he brought him back. We simply don't need more bodies in those positions but even if we did I would like to think all Mowbray's talk about building something new and different means something.

Depends if anyone is being sold.

42 minutes ago, DE. said:

A huge fall from grace for the boy. First team appearances in the PL, Welsh international, now can't even win a contract in League 1... and he's only 23.

When first on the scene had more talent in his finger than Nyambe

1 minute ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Lowe would be a massive backwards step... although that said... What if it was at RB I recall him being ok there??

Wouldn't, say Lowe offered anything better than Caddis at RB personally.

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

I'd take him on no more than 3k per week

What qualities do you think he brings that would make him worth £156k a year? He literally doesn't have one saving grace, the worst player I have ever seen play for Rovers.

Just now, Doaksie said:

In 6 short months, Richie Smallwood has shown more fight, drive, determination, leadership and purpose than Lowe did in 7 years. Basically everything Lowe should have been. In fact, as an England U-21 captain, and our captain, Lowe should seemingly have excelled in these traits. 

There is a big world of new and potentially exciting players out there. A sophisticated new scouting network we are told. If we end up bringing that perennial loser back, it's a terrible lack of inventiveness. 

The first time I saw Lowe play I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He had nothing. Not one thing that you need to succeed in pro football. Pace, strength, close control, tackling ability, heading ability, passing ability, the ability to read the play. Not one of those things did he have, I was left scratching my head !

I've just read a pro J-Lo post stating that we could do with him for his 'closing down'. Closing down?  When has that been a stand out skill and since when has J-Lo ever been any good at it bearing in mind the amount of long range goals we conceded when he was the 'lynch pin'. The only closing down he'll be responsible for if he does come back will be the f##king riverside and the darwen end.

Archived