SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Armstrong on the face of it would be an excellent back up to Graham.

Bell on the face of it would be a good alternative to Williams.

However, neither of these solve our main problem, our lack of pacy genuine wingers. We need one or two of these, preferably two before anyone else.

That said, all rumour. 

If we are signing Armstrong then I don't think he will be coming to play back up.Reading the article it suggests he is fed up being played wide and wants a central role at a club.As you say at the moment it's only rumour but if these signings do happen it is pointing toward us playing with wingbacks and two up front

8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Two wingers I wanted this month were either Billy Bodin or Graeme Carey, with Bodin being snapped up quickly by pne I hope we aren’t too slow for Carey 

Carey’s a decent player, but like someone mentioned above, he doesn’t solve our problem in that we need pacey wingers, having watched a lot of Carey last year and this, he is not a pacey winger.

37 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Might Bell be coming in as a winger? Bennett was mostly a right back when he came to us from Bristol City.

Bennett had a brief spell at right back but was always a winger prior to that. This Bell kid has seemingly played at full back most of his career if I'm right? If we are signing a left back to play him on the wing why not just by an out and out winger instead. Seems a better idea :lol: 

Just now, Garage Flower said:

Hahaha @#/? sake. Would he do a job in league one?

Would he do a job in the Evo-Stik? No. I honestly believe he wouldn't make a difference in any team at any level in the country. Please god I hope he doesn't come back. 

1 minute ago, Garage Flower said:

I didn’t rate Lowe overall but he had some decent moments and he did try his hardest every single game when many didn’t and he did clearly care. I can’t bring myself to dislike him seems a decent lad.

I don't dislike him as a person, him and Robbo were the only two players who stayed on the pitch and clapped the fans after relegation from the Prem. Doesn't change the fact we should NOT be bringing him back. He's not good enough for the Championship and I have serious doubts he'd improve our side if we signed him even at this level, DONT DO IT TONY PLEASE

Lowe's best position, by far, was at right-back. Would anybody here have him there over Caddis and Nyambe? I think that's something Lowe should really think about for his career - drop the illusion that you're best-placed in midfield, and start getting noticed in a more suitable position. Several players have taken that sort of "hit" to better their careers.

Wow it took us years to get rid and now we are apparently bringing him back? Has to be some kind of joke seriously. There is a reason he is not in favour at Brunch - the same reasons he was not in favour with fans here. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Wow it took us years to get rid and now we are apparently bringing him back? Has to be some kind of joke seriously. There is a reason he is not in favour at Brunch - the same reasons he was not in favour with fans here. 

Mowbray said at one of the fan meetings that he wanted to keep him, which tells you everything you need to know about him. This would almost be on a par with Kean coming back for me, I'm livid.

Jason Lowe would be a step in ghe wrong direction, sends out the wrong message.

We have made a bit of progress this season despite relegation in terms of rebonding with fans etc, that guy coasted his way through some poor championship seasons on premier league wages. No one wanted him on decent money when his overblown contract ended and he went to Brum for the most coin he could get.

Comes back and before we know it he'll be starting every game again in midfield as one of the better paid players whilst offering nothing apart from running around a lot, leaving gaping holes in front of defence and being a nice lad.

Move on for crying out loud we've seen enough and it was never nearly good enough!

Archived