BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Southend

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not sure but they've been out wide. Lack of pace gets exposed out there. He's also looked weak. Like I said very different players. I'd take Dack every time based on what I've seen. There's a reason Payne can't get a start and that's because he isn't at Dack's level.

I see what you're saying, but in all fairness, Payne is not a winger. 

You may be right, and at this present time, based on their current form, he very well may not be at Dacks level (Although, I'd politely argue that it's difficult to compare their overall attributes and potential, as you's haven't seen Jacky at his best yet, whereas you've seen Dack in the form of his life) 

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a fan of Dack, and would love him at our club (obviously) even if he is an ex-Gill. I distinctly remember back at the start of the season, assuring you's that you'd signed an excellent player, who would come good for you. 

44 minutes ago, Shrimper said:

Can't argue with that really. Dack has been outstanding for you's in truth, and If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't wanna see him replaced either. 

However, I'd still stick my neck on the line & suggest that if Mowbray played Payne through the centre tomorrow, it'll probably win you the game. That's not to say we're not wary of Dack, as we've seen (maybe more than you guys) just how dangerous he can be. It's the fact that Jacky will want to prove something tomorrow, and could be unstoppable. Like I said, you're being spoilt with having 2 players who can play in that position so well. Either way, your "best" are better than our "best", so I'm sure it'll be an immensely tough game for us.

As for us, well the season didn't pan out as we had hoped. Brown lost the dressing room a while back. A number of senior players allegedly wanted to leave the club, with a few handing in transfer requests during Janurary. His favouritism of the disruptive Nile Ranger was supposedly a contributing factor to this, but so too was his continual public criticism of the team. I wasn't a big fan of his, nor his style of football. Don't get me wrong, he was successful for us, but the time was certainly right for him to go. 

Powelly was a cult hero for us back in the 90's. We're all fairly chuffed to have him back. He's a real man-manager, who constantly strives to get the best out of his team, which has shown in our form since his appointment. See, we've not got a bad squad. We've got an old squad, but it does have some quality in it. Brown just wasn't getting the commitment from them. Powell has changed that. We tend to play a solid 4-4-2, with pace on the wings & a high volume of balls into the box. I'm sure you'll all be thrilled to hear that Kightly has returned from injury, and seems to be very lively :) 

For us, the season is over, and it's just a case of going out on a high though. 

Dack plays the number 10 role. If Payne starts it will be from wide right. Dack is our main man not Payne.

I wouldnt start Payne and he would come on as an impact sub

Thanks for rest of the answer to my question

Thanks @Shrimper for bringing up the "number 10" role, please go the whole hog and tell us what you think of the "3-5-2 "formation, preferably tomorrow as mentions of both these are double shots in the match day drinking game :) 

note to self: Go bottle shop and stock up , could be a big night

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/16143218.Head_to_head__Blackburn_v_Blues/

We haven't beaten this lot at home since at least 1975 according to this. We desperately need to change that today.

They've drawn 3 out of their last 5 away but got a thumping 4-0 at Plymouth in their last away game. They beat Gills 4-0 in their last home. They've only lost 2 in their last 10.

Will this be where we feck it up?

I'll go 1-0 Rovers win.

22 minutes ago, david brent said:

Just throwing it out there... any danger of this game being called off?! Raining heavily at Ewood and it’s forecast all day! 

I would be extremely surprised if there was any doubt whatsoever.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/16143218.Head_to_head__Blackburn_v_Blues/

We haven't beaten this lot at home since at least 1975 according to this. We desperately need to change that today.

In fairness that's because we've barely played them! According to that article the last time we played them at Ewood was 1992.

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I was just saying.

It's an interesting stat but one I expect us to rewrite today. We're 29 points ahead of Southend now, and by 5pm I expect to be 32 points ahead of them. 

Just now, DE. said:

It's an interesting stat but one I expect us to rewrite today. We're 29 points ahead of Southend now, and by 5pm I expect to be 32 points ahead of them. 

I'm just about to set off. I hope you're right because I'm going to get pissed wet through and I don't want a repeat of the last time we played Southend at home as part of a promotion push. Or the end of season collapse that followed. I think Powell is a good manager and Southend don't have the worse squad in the league.

Anyway, that's enough joy and positivity spread.:D

Up the Rovers:rover:

Archived