BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Southend

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really think we need a experienced championship Centre Half next season along with Lenihan and Mulgrew so you are always covered in that area. I think Bennett would make a very good right back in the championship not sure about Nyambe. Williams and Bell not sure about either. If we can have a solid defence in the championship we will do well in it. 

2 minutes ago, GreenRover said:

Really think we need a experienced championship Centre Half next season along with Lenihan and Mulgrew so you are always covered in that area. I think Bennett would make a very good right back in the championship not sure about Nyambe. Williams and Bell not sure about either. If we can have a solid defence in the championship we will do well in it. 

All true but it depends on who we keep. Lenihan must have caught some eyes this season and there's that Dack bloke!

Can't make any assumptions I'm afraid.

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Armstrong, 2 wingers and a new center forward or two needed if/when we go up ,probably another centre half as well

As a minimum mate. Samuel, Caddis, Gladwin and Nuttall won't be good enough for the championship in my opinion, and Payne, Armstrong, Chapman and Antonsson will have gone back to their clubs. So 9 new signings as a minimum.

Just now, 47er said:

All true but it depends on who we keep. Lenihan must have caught some eyes this season and there's that Dack bloke!

Can't make any assumptions I'm afraid.

i

I suppose we have to get there first. Would Dack, Lenihan and Mulgrew leave for another Championship team? If it was a premier league team yes, but would be hoping for them to stay and build with Rovers. Interesting Summer if we get promoted. 

All hypothetical but if we do go up our squad is weak for the champ.  Of the contracted players...

Raya

Lennihan

Evans

Bennett

Smallwood

Graham (or is he out of contract in summer?)

Mulgrew (probably had the least injury plagued season of his career -will he have another?)

Dack

After that I'm struggling for champ quality players

Williams, Nyambe, Bell bench players.

Payne, Armstrong, Chapman all good enough but we probably can't afford any of them.

Need 6 new first team champ standard players at least to compete next IMO.

9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Armstrong, 2 wingers and a new center forward or two needed if/when we go up ,probably another centre half as well

Signing Armstrong here next season would be my 1st priority when/if  promote.

We need 2 wingers and experience centre back deffo. 

A target man striker to replace Graham eventally. 

A centre midfielder 

But before we look serious at this issue can we get promote 1st

8 hours ago, AAK said:

As a minimum mate. Samuel, Caddis, Gladwin and Nuttall won't be good enough for the championship in my opinion, and Payne, Armstrong, Chapman and Antonsson will have gone back to their clubs. So 9 new signings as a minimum.

Caddis is out of contract. 

I would expect at Payne to be here next season as permanent signing. Armstrong either here as loan or permanent signing.

Antonsson 50/50

Depends on Chapman fitness whether he here or not..

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

There's an option to extend Graham's deal for another 12 months...

Thanks for that info..

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would be surprised if we don't get some serious bids for Dack. Actually, scratch that, we are definitely going to get bids for him, probably even form the Premier league. Interesting summer indeed 

Dack's too slow for the Premier League

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Signing Armstrong here next season would be my 1st priority when/if  promote.

We need 2 wingers and experience centre back deffo. 

A target man striker to replace Graham eventally. 

A centre midfielder 

But before we look serious at this issue can we get promote 1st

Caddis is out of contract. 

I would expect at Payne to be here next season as permanent signing. Armstrong either here as loan or permanent signing.

Antonsson 50/50

Depends on Chapman fitness whether he here or not..

Thanks for that info..

Might be wrong but think Caddis signed for 2 years.

Grahams fine for another season. Thought you rated Samuel as his alternative?

Surprised youd keep Payne too, thought you wasnt a massive fan.

9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would be surprised if we don't get some serious bids for Dack. Actually, scratch that, we are definitely going to get bids for him, probably even form the Premier league. Interesting summer indeed 

I doubt premiership clubs can see this far down don't think they even look much in championship has to be johnny foreigner for most of them

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Much as I like him I don't see him being a Premier League player either.

Has the skills but would struggle against the pace of top flight defenders. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Might be wrong but think Caddis signed for 2 years.

Grahams fine for another season. Thought you rated Samuel as his alternative?

Surprised youd keep Payne too, thought you wasnt a massive fan.

I believe the Loan deal for Payne contain an option to buy. Techinal good and I have previously said sign him up. From a Huddersfield fan tbw. 

Ive said we need a long term replacement for Graham. 

Dont know about caddis

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

According to the Fan's Forum minutes, Waggott has a List A and a List B and is awaiting green light from India.

Sounds familiar somehow but anyway, agree with above posters, we will need 9 first teamers to compete in the Champ or we will be discussing relegation this time next season.

All eyes on the Rao Family to approve the funds.

Graham will be here, I think he will be fine for another season although Chaddy said his legs have gone (many times)..

Dack will be half the player against better quality opposition. No way he is good enough for the PL or quite simply he would be playing there. People forget we are in the THIRD division.

Be brilliant if we can sign Armstrong but I doubt we will afford him.

Chapman I think his career is probably finished now - so we may be able to sign him.

Mulgrew staying fit all season has shocked all of us. Be good if he can stay. I wondered what Hanley (tosser) thought when he was Sub for Scotland and Third Division Mulgrew was Captain.

I will be shocked (again) if Lenihan stays.

Antonnson will be gone. No loss there. If you can't excel in the third division, no good in the Champ. Served his purpose in the squad tbf.

Payne - depends if Huddersfield get relegated or stay up. I reckon they need 2 more wins but from where ?

Feeney - depends if Cardiff get promoted or not.... ?

Mowbray - depends if we get promoted or not. I reckon we need 6 more wins.

That’s all very nice, but what’s it got to do with the match against Southend tomorrow? 

Just now, MGPensioner said:

According to the Fan's Forum minutes, Waggott has a List A and a List B and is awaiting green light from India.

Sounds familiar somehow but anyway, agree with above posters, we will need 9 first teamers to compete in the Champ or we will be discussing relegation this time next season.

All eyes on the Rao Family to approve the funds.

Graham will be here, I think he will be fine for another season although Chaddy said his legs have gone (many times)..

Dack will be half the player against better quality opposition. No way he is good enough for the PL or quite simply he would be playing there. People forget we are in the THIRD division.

Be brilliant if we can sign Armstrong but I doubt we will afford him.

Chapman I think his career is probably finished now - so we may be able to sign him.

Mulgrew staying fit all season has shocked all of us. Be good if he can stay. I wondered what Hanley (tosser) thought when he was Sub for Scotland and Third Division Mulgrew was Captain.

I will be shocked (again) if Lenihan stays.

Antonnson will be gone. No loss there. If you can't excel in the third division, no good in the Champ. Served his purpose in the squad tbf.

Payne - depends if Huddersfield get relegated or stay up. I reckon they need 2 more wins but from where ?

Feeney - depends if Cardiff get promoted or not.... ?

Mowbray - depends if we get promoted or not. I reckon we need 6 more wins.

No point signing Chapman if he's " finished ". He just be a younger but less savvy Conway.

Archived