BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

What do you want me to do ..serve them Champagne Peach Punch and canapes on their arrival ..?:rolleyes:

What a nice gesture .......I'm sure the club can puts something in place for them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 47er said:

In the end it'll be about whether we are winning or losing. 

i thought attendances would plummet further after another relegation but they held up and then built up because fans enjoyed us winning for a change.

A lot will depend on what the Chicken Chokers do in the close season.

1 hour ago, JAL said:

That's good support for a team with nothing to play for and probably over three half hours journey time from Ewood Park hope Rovers acknowledged their presence.

Not interested in acknowledging their presence and being "nice". Once again where did that get the club when the likes of Anderson slither around? Quit showing the slightest weakness this day is all about Blackburn Rovers. The opposition are getting cheap tickets and ought to be grateful for that circumstantial luck. Let their twitter account promote their fans it's not Rovers job. 

I've asked for the title to be changed as well (to something referring to the fact that there will be a promotion celebration and possibly a league title) and that's been ignored. You can still mention the oppositions name but they are NOT the draw. If you want to talk mentality everything has to matter nothing is trivial. 

Good weather forecast, promotion party,  title still at stake and a likely big gate containing many fans who haven't been to Ewood in years.

There's no excuses for Rovers and Mowbray on Saturday - the team has to put on a performance.

A very good one. 

19 hours ago, Gav said:

6 Bburn End upper tickets bought, but a hotel is proving a little more tricky, looks like Preston is the nearest which is fine. 

Since when did The Higher Trap at Simonstone market itself as burnley west? (Closed that site down right away, dingle ****s) :P

Ribble valley, Gav. Make a nice weekend of it

6 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

This will be our biggest gate for a league match for years - since the premiership?

I’d say it could be the biggest home fan attendance since Tugay’s farewell in 2009.

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Not interested in acknowledging their presence and being "nice". Once again where did that get the club when the likes of Anderson slither around? Quit showing the slightest weakness this day is all about Blackburn Rovers. The opposition are getting cheap tickets and ought to be grateful for that circumstantial luck. Let their twitter account promote their fans it's not Rovers job. 

I've asked for the title to be changed as well (to something referring to the fact that there will be a promotion celebration and possibly a league title) and that's been ignored. You can still mention the oppositions name but they are NOT the draw. If you want to talk mentality everything has to matter nothing is trivial. 

Erm... nowhere has anyone suggested Oxford are 'the draw'.

6 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I've been parking behind the DE for the past 10 years, however i think I'll revert to my "old" car park opposite The Hindle Arms for one game and save myself the painfulness that is trying to leave Ewood with 11,000 fans - adding another 10,000 to that could have us there till midnight.

Looks like the weather gods are shining on us for Saturday too.

I've been parking on the car park by the BE all season, I phoned the club this morning to see if I'd need to book a space. Good job I did, the BE car park is fully booked up but I've managed to book a space on the DE car park. As of this morning spaces were limited there too

Had a look at the ticket sales an hour or so ago.

Riverside - 63 seats remaining                                                                                                     

Jack Walker - 18 seats remaining

Blackburn End Lower - sold out

Darwen End Lower - middle two sections very full, only first five or so rows have availability. Outer section nearest Riverside reasonably full. Outer section nearest the JW just a few sold.

Blackburn End Upper - a fair few sold

Overall, looking good. With Oxford having sold 1100 and, with two to three days of sales remaining, I still think we’ll hit 25k.

6 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Had a look at the ticket sales an hour or so ago.

Riverside - 63 seats remaining                                                                                                     

Jack Walker - 18 seats remaining

Blackburn End Lower - sold out

Darwen End Lower - middle two sections very full, only first five or so rows have availability. Outer section nearest Riverside reasonably full. Outer section nearest the JW just a few sold.

Blackburn End Upper - a fair few sold

Overall, looking good. With Oxford having sold 1100 and, with two to three days of sales remaining, I still think we’ll hit 25k.

Defo, with Oxford themselves stating a crowd of 25k is expected, rovers must have said that to them, mate. 

As far as I'm concerned, any fans returning from "boycott" are welcome back with no reason to feel like they have to do so with their tail between their legs, as some suggest. 

They are even more welcome to attend more often and even buy a season ticket if they so choose.

The prospect of 25k fans inside ewood has me couning down the minutes till game time. Bored of Ewood being 1/3rd full.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree. Let's see what the gate is for the first match next season before we start getting carried away.

The club is doing the right thing, trying to use this game as a hook. Well done, Mr Waggott.

We already know about the wonderful, passionate away fans.

The big take-up of tickets for this game is a fine demonstration that there are many more, who still care about Rovers..

Meanwhile, I hope Venky's resist the invitation to attend because I think it would be unhelpful, if they received a negative response on this particular occasion.

And before anyone calls me out/ asks me to change my pen name, I mean this purely as a strategy!

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree. Let's see what the gate is for the first match next season before we start getting carried away.

That will depend on pricing and the actions of the owners this summer. I'd be delighted if we put 3k more home fans on next years average attendance.

All this Saturday proves is that for a one-off there is still a very good-sized fan base out there if the prices are reasonable and there is something successful  to support.

13 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

As far as I'm concerned, any fans returning from "boycott" are welcome back with no reason to feel like they have to do so with their tail between their legs, as some suggest. 

They are even more welcome to attend more often and even buy a season ticket if they so choose.

The prospect of 25k fans inside ewood has me couning down the minutes till game time. Bored of Ewood being 1/3rd full.

The fact that 23,000+ are going to be Rovers fans with only say 1500 from the away club and it is a 3rd division game makes me relish it even more. 

The vast majority of those in the ground are going to be Rovers fans of all descriptions, turning up for a celebration of Rovers' success.

This isn't going to be a 25,000 crowd of tourists turning up from the region to watch United or Liverpool with 8,000 away fans and others hiding in the home ends. The naysayers won't be able to churn out the old excuse that 1/3 of those present are away fans.

Very few will be of an Oxford persuasion, very few will be turning up for the 'glory' of watching big names or celebrity players. It will be people turning up in their droves to celebrate a promotion for Blackburn Rovers.

I can't wait.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

That will depend on pricing and the actions of the owners this summer. I'd be delighted if we put 3k more home fans on next years average attendance.

All this Saturday proves is that for a one-off there is still a very good-sized fan base out there if the prices are reasonable and there is something successful  to support.

I agree that the actions of the owners will be critical in re-building the fan base. A few interesting signings could work wonders. I think a promotion is worthy of a hike in season ticket prices.

Archived