BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'd even look into inviting a minor international team. The preseason game vs New Zealand was one of the more interesting ones to watch.

Only because of Ryan Nelsen really. Venkys should have arranged for Rovers to play India (over there but they could have come to Ewood as well) instead of playing Pune with an awful commentator calling the action. I remember someone hit the bar and he compared it to 1966! It would have made sense marketing wise but obviously logic and Venkys hasn't combined very often.

I guess some people would say Rovers should invite Pakistan too. If you think that's racist don't be so sensitive it's accurate to point out the local demographics. It's one way of attracting people with a Pakistani heritage (whether born here or not) to the stadium. Maybe Venkys wouldn't agree though India and Pakistan aren't exactly on brilliant terms. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
24 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Only because of Ryan Nelsen really. Venkys should have arranged for Rovers to play India (over there but they could have come to Ewood as well) instead of playing Pune with an awful commentator calling the action. I remember someone hit the bar and he compared it to 1966! It would have made sense marketing wise but obviously logic and Venkys hasn't combined very often.

I guess some people would say Rovers should invite Pakistan too. If you think that's racist don't be so sensitive it's accurate to point out the local demographics. It's one way of attracting people with a Pakistani heritage (whether born here or not) to the stadium. Maybe Venkys wouldn't agree though India and Pakistan aren't exactly on brilliant terms. 

India makes sense.

2 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Well, me being equally sad (must be something in the Darwen air), that’s a capacity of 31,367, less 3,000 seats in the Darwen End Upper, equals 28,367, less 3,855 home seats still to sell equals 24,512 home tickets already sold. Add to that the 1100 Oxford have shifted and that puts the gate currently at 25,612 - not bad.

If you then apply 'the dingle factor', it's looking like the gate could exceed 50,000! ;)

8 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Does anybody know if there is much left in the club shop, or is anybody popping in before Saturday to check. Hardly anything left online. 

I was in on Tuesday pal, if your after a £10 shirt there were only about a dozen. Some nice casual wear stuff though. 

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

If you then apply 'the dingle factor', it's looking like the gate could exceed 50,000! ;)

We will need to tarmac Bunkers Hill to accommodate all the fans ?

Surely they will restock (if it's running low) the store for Saturday with over 20,000 home fans showing up? I guess that would be logical though. Might be timing issues with manufacturing, etc though so may have to take that into account. Don't think I'm buying anything anyway so not really asking for myself.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Surely they will restock (if it's running low) the store for Saturday with over 20,000 home fans showing up? I guess that would be logical though. 

I asked that question pal and was told that everything that they had left had been put out. 

They  do have quite a few of the yellow or blue training t shirts though. I’ve bought one of each as they’re good walking base layer shirts. 

2 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

I asked that question pal and was told that everything that they had left had been put out. 

I think even Venkys logic at it's worst wouldn't hold back any existing stock!

I guess people won't be lining up to buy an official shirt at this point in the season anyway. Something more to mark the day though would probably sell. Such t-shirts could be made pretty quickly and cheaply though I'm pretty sure Umbro demanded no repeat of that counterfeit idiocy (those knockoff shirts albeit only in India) when they returned. Presumably they will have a contractual agreement to manufacture any such "commemorative" shirts or at least they should from a logical standpoint.

Non clothing items on the other hand could be a different matter though. Of course there may be a few more "unofficial" merchandise sales than usual!

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Surely they will restock (if it's running low) the store for Saturday with over 20,000 home fans showing up? I guess that would be logical though. Might be timing issues with manufacturing, etc though so may have to take that into account. Don't think I'm buying anything anyway so not really asking for myself.

No chance, pretty sure we order the stock well before the start of the season and have done for a long time, once sold it’s sold 

Or how about this for a novel idea... how about having next season's kit and training gear on sale by the last day of the season. 

Bit left field that, I suppose, file it with getting ST's on sale before the end of the season...

6 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Haha yeah, 50k in the ground with gates locked, 5k in Blues bar with the doors shut, 2k in the Fanzone lying on the floor p!ssed, 3k in the Fox & Hounds with doors bolted and not forgetting a hundred up the floodlights! That’s what I’ll be telling any Dingles...

8 hours ago, AlanK said:

I remember them vividly as I lived 20 miles from the Manor Ground for most of my life

Not forgetting Spackman, Brock and the rest.

In fact Brock ended up coaching my little brother, nice bloke

Yes they had a very good side, I remember them alongside Portsmouth because we seemed to draw them in the cup also.

They had the likes of Kevin Dillon, Vince Hilaire, Noel Blake, Micky Quinn and Paul Mariner.

Think both Oxford and Pompey went up in 80's, we always fell at the last hurdle....

1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Haha yeah, 50k in the ground with gates locked, 5k in Blues bar with the doors shut, 2k in the Fanzone lying on the floor p!ssed, 3k in the Fox & Hounds with doors bolted and not forgetting a hundred up the floodlights! That’s what I’ll be telling any Dingles...

Plus 150,000 on the Hill and Burnley sending drones over to see what a crowd looks like.

' They'd have to terrace Pendle Hill our crowds would be that big if we were in Rovers position'  proclaimed a dingle on the Lancs phone in one time when we were regulars at upper Prem level .

Yes mate but you'd have to fill your 18k home seats first :lol::lol::lol:

3 hours ago, Tom said:

No chance, pretty sure we order the stock well before the start of the season and have done for a long time, once sold it’s sold 

Orders for stock for next season will have already been placed some time ago with little flexibility for extra orders, so no chance at 48 hours notice!

The designs for shirts for 2019/20 will be being agreed about now.

10 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Orders for stock for next season will have already been placed some time ago with little flexibility for extra orders, so no chance at 48 hours notice!

18/19 mate, you're getting ahead of yourself.  We will be premier league by then.....and then we play in a virtual copy of the title winning season.....:brfc:

7 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Rovers seem to operate on a different sort of contract to other clubs when it comes to replica kits and training wear. We seem to be at the back of the queue in terms of unveiling our new kits and them being put on sale in the shop, whilst some clubs unveil them around now or early on in the summer we usually leave it until July for ours and the away shirt is traditionally several weeks after that on the eve of the new season. We seem to be supplied with one batch with little scope to increase that should the product sell more than expected, so for example this season we've seen the prices dropped down as low as £10 for an adult shirt that was nearly £50 last summer as they are trying to clear out all the stock ready for the new arrivals.

I think we are on a 'basic' contract which essentially sees us given what Umbro decide when they decide and once we've sold out that's our lot until next year. The range of training wear is also extremely limited with t shirts, jackets, tracksuit bottoms whereas other clubs have a much wider range of gear such as hoodies, gilets, polo shirts etc. Also other clubs seem to have the ability to order more stock should it be popular and sell better than anticipated.

I'll never forget the other year when they had sold out of some sizes of kids kits as early as Christmas and they confirmed they wouldn't be getting any more!

The way Rovers work with team kit is pretty much the industry standard, certainly for all but the very biggest clubs. Orders are placed well in advance of a given season and it's clearly difficult to gauge demand so far in advance. Some times not enough are ordered and some times too many - it's very difficult to get it right every season. It looks like we haven't quite enough stock for demand this season although it can't be far away from being just right if the shop is running out of stock 48 hours before the last game of the season.

19 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The way Rovers work with team kit is pretty much the industry standard, certainly for all but the very biggest clubs. Orders are placed well in advance of a given season and it's clearly difficult to gauge demand so far in advance. Some times not enough are ordered and some times too many - it's very difficult to get it right every season. It looks like we haven't quite enough stock for demand this season although it can't be far away from being just right if the shop is running out of stock 48 hours before the last game of the season.

Having said that they've drastically reduced prices of the shirts and had them available for £20 or less for a while now, presumably in an attempt to get surplus stock shifted. The club cash thing will have helped as many supporters will have been essentially given a free shirt when using their club cash from season tickets and membership, people who wouldn't have coughed up £20+ for one out of their back pockets.

Archived