BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Two (or three) wrongs clearly don"t make a right but whose bright idea is it to hold final games at 5.30p.m. On a Bank Holiday? A combination of all day drinking And in this case the unusually good weather is bound to encourage similar scenes up and down the Country at whichever Clubs happen to be promoted!

Buffoonery and oiks who Can't handle their ale aren't mutually exclusive to Blackburn and the surrounding areas I wouldn't imagine.

But really Rev you shouldn't have to arrange kick off times because some people can't take their drink and become irresponsible and selfish. The pubs and clubs all over BwD, the concourse, Fanzone etc were all teeming with fans drinking but the vast majority of the know how to behave. I quite liked the early evening kick off.

We shouldn't pander to people because they change in drink.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Wigan fans went on when they scored. The horror;)

Pitch Invasions are a bit fashionable at the moment. Aided by the fact that league 1 clubs don't have many Stewards and don't want to pay for the Police. The worse aspect of yesterday was the lad getting battered on his return to the BBE. I thought that was pretty sickening to be fair.

I was told he was flicking V's etc at the Blackburn End. What did he expect?

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

At least plenty have another ready made excuse for not turning up next season now !

True!

How many ST's do you reckon for next year? It was 8-9k this year. I can't see more than a 2-3k more thousand. Maybe 12-13k  if the half-ST's from this season return too. 'Where were you when we were shit' indeed. I thought that was a great response to the Invaders.

Have to point out once again why didn't the ref just end the damn thing? He might as well have rolled out a red carpet for them to come back on "restarting" the game. I think he blew up after about 2 seconds!

I think they'll be budgeting with about 12k in mind going off recent history and probably averages of 14/15k with the prospect of a lot of big away followings, until tv and police get involved that is.

Personally I think STs will be about 10/11k absolute tops.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Ahh, that makes it ok for a cowardly group of morons to start battering a defenceless man. If anyone gets prosecuted it should be those tits, they could have caused serious injury there. Luckily it was all on camera.

16 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Wigan fans went on when they scored. The horror;)

Pitch Invasions are a bit fashionable at the moment. Aided by the fact that league 1 clubs don't have many Stewards and don't want to pay for the Police. The worse aspect of yesterday was the lad getting battered on his return to the BBE. I thought that was pretty sickening to be fair.

Celebratory, spontaneous pitch invasions are one thing. Going on because you want to be a rebel, break the rules, not do what you are told and piss people off is slightly different. 

I could understand the original invasion at Doncaster. To keep doing it after TM himself had said stop was baffling. To do it yesterday despite the club telling you specifically not to, and before the final whistle, was just idiots.

Also, if Im in a pub and hundreds of people are watching footy on tv, and I decide to run around in front of the screen for 10 minutes so no-one can see, then just go and sit back alongside them, I have a feeling I know what will happen.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Ahh, that makes it ok for a cowardly group of morons to start battering a defenceless man. If anyone gets prosecuted it should be those tits, they could have caused serious injury there. Luckily it was all on camera.

Should have called him "outside" for a "one on one!"

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think they'll be budgeting with about 12k in mind going off recent history and probably averages of 14/15k with the prospect of a lot of big away followings, until tv and police get involved that is.

Personally I think STs will be about 10/11k absolute tops.

TV should not be a problem for us in the Leeds Division.

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We're all making a Mountain out of a mole hill when we should be basking in the glory of promotion...stand down folks.

A walk in the Sunshine is calling..:D

Way ahead of you mate 

vtlMlol.jpg

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Oxford fans view...

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/5-5-2018-blackburn-rovers-v-oufc-match-day-thread.819/

Some claim we were quiet fans,some typical anti northern rants...

:rolleyes:

Hilarious

'And our fans are incredible. There where 1200 of us, we weren’t going to make more noise than 20,000 drunk northern yobbos banging sticks, blowing vuvuzelas, letting of smoke bombs and generally being a thoroughly detestable bunch...but wow did we give it a go. It was deafening in the away end at times - and we more than contributed to a hell of an atmosphere'

I was sat in the JW Upper and I didn't hear them once. And they threw coins on the Rovers fans below according to Gumboots. Tin-pot morons.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Hilarious

'And our fans are incredible. There where 1200 of us, we weren’t going to make more noise than 20,000 drunk northern yobbos banging sticks, blowing vuvuzelas, letting of smoke bombs and generally being a thoroughly detestable bunch...but wow did we give it a go. It was deafening in the away end at times - and we more than contributed to a hell of an atmosphere'

I was sat in the JW Upper and I didn't hear them once. And they threw coins on the Rovers fans below according to Gumboots. Tin-pot morons.

Indeed and chanted "Championship you're having a laugh...blah blah" at a point when Rovers were pretty much dominating the game. I'm guessing most of them aren't enrolled at the local university! That's one of the few times I heard them.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Should have called him "outside" for a "one on one!"

Or just get a grip and leave it. It astounds me how someone can get angry enough to start throwing punches at something so insignificant.

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Celebratory, spontaneous pitch invasions are one thing. Going on because you want to be a rebel, break the rules, not do what you are told and piss people off is slightly different. 

I could understand the original invasion at Doncaster. To keep doing it after TM himself had said stop was baffling. To do it yesterday despite the club telling you specifically not to, and before the final whistle, was just idiots.

Also, if Im in a pub and hundreds of people are watching footy on tv, and I decide to run around in front of the screen for 10 minutes so no-one can see, then just go and sit back alongside them, I have a feeling I know what will happen.

Hadn’t really thought of it this way but good point.

• Backroom
Just now, RV Blue said:

Or just get a grip and leave it. It astounds me how someone can get angry enough to start throwing punches at something so insignificant.

Seemed a case of ‘chat shit get banged’ rightly or wrongly 

Stewards should have intercepted him and dragged him off before he got to the stand it was obvious what was going to happen with the way he was acting 

Just now, RV Blue said:

Indeed but it still would have been better than doing it in numbers. Shout at someone is one thing but assault? They are more likely to be noticed for that and punished than most of the invaders.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Wasn't there by then but my friend and his son who were in the BBE seemed to think he got everything he deserved.

I was told he was acting like a moron on the pitch, then when the BBE rightly expressed their disapproval he started to invite them to go forth and multiply.

I'm led to believe the bloke wasn't hurt and If that's exactly what happened I'd say that was a fairly decent bit of self Policing by the BBE myself.

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Probably not being attacked by 4 drunken knobheads and being punched back to the place they were attacking him for being in the first place.

Glad you enjoyed it though. Probably right up your Green Street.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Indeed but it still would have been better than doing it in numbers. Shout at someone is one thing but assault? They are more likely to be noticed for that and punished than most of the invaders.

Yes of course, but I doubt those in that gang of dickheads would be up for a one on one though

Archived