BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

FFS! You're as moronic as they are.

Hypotheticalmy if you were out in Blackburn or Darwen on a Saturday night out and you were annoying everyone in general by acting like a tit to start off with, then compounded it by repeatedly antagonisng a group of lads what do you expect would happen?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was notable was that 90% of the invaders eventually left the pitch and then promptly streamed out of the ground between the Riverside and DE before the players came out. Rovers fans they clearly are not.

Or maybe it was their intention to prevent the players coming out at all like they did at Donny and they thought they had succeeded. Two fingers up at authority and then crawl back under their rocks with ‘didn’t do any harm’.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hypotheticalmy if you were out in Blackburn or Darwen on a Saturday night out and you were annoying everyone in general by acting like a tit to start off with, then compounded it by repeatedly antagonisng a group of lads what do you expect would happen?

You are making it up. Look at the videos FFS

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Wigan fans went on when they scored. The horror;)

Pitch Invasions are a bit fashionable at the moment. Aided by the fact that league 1 clubs don't have many Stewards and don't want to pay for the Police. The worse aspect of yesterday was the lad getting battered on his return to the BBE. I thought that was pretty sickening to be fair.

I agree completely with that sentiment. Totally unacceptable and for what running on the pitch. Absolutely sickening and shameful

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

You are making it up. Look at the videos FFS

Not making anything up. Only going on what I was told. If it happened completely differently then what I"'ve said clearly doesn't apply

Great way to end the season, just a shame we couldnt win the League.

Pitch invasion was stupidity, I wasnt happy, I defended the one at Doncaster, it was totally different circumstances.

Seen people say thinks like that it justifies closing the Darwen End, few people swimming in their own self importance I think, fact of the matter is these idiots wont be seen next season regardless and are not normally in the Darwen End.

Policing was non existent too, obviously people shouldnt have gone on but a few poxy stewards didnt do anything. Incredibly short sighted from the club.

On the game, thought Evans was our best player, Bennett good too as was Graham.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Not making anything up. Only going on what I was told. If it happened completely differently then what I"'ve said clearly doesn't apply

On the videos it looks as if he thinks he’s being funny rather than trying to antagonise, either way it’s a cowardly assault and let’s hope the police treat it as such. Man in the bucket hat (says it all) looks to be the main culprit.

45 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Always makes me laugh this ‘grim up north’ stuff.

Often comes from fans of clubs like Luton or some other dive.

I’m happy to perpetuate the grim up north mantra of it keeps southerners down south. If ever I watch the programmes like location location location I always think my quality of life is much better up here than most they have on from down there. 

Well you’ve eaten cardboard for 10 years and you’ve managed to get a budget of half a million so we’ve dug deep and found you this lovely flat. It’s on a train line and has no garden but we’re not miracle workers. Oh it’s lovely we couldn’t have dreamt to have such luxury.

Give me the trough of Bowland all day long over a load of Chinese tourists and bicycles. 

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Couldn't make it yesterday for a variety of reasons - was the club making an effort to keep these 15,000 returning fans  eg, handing out fliers for next season, season ticket promotions etc ? 

Fliers? No need for these when there are posters all around the ground advertising the prices for next season. Was announce on the website, twitter and Facebook plus the LT. 

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You need to hypotheticalmy down, Danny Dyer.

Oxford is a nice city but some of the surrounding small towns, hamlets and villages contain as many buck toothed interbreeding knuckle draggers as you'll find anywhere up here outside of Burnley.  Difference is it only takes them 2 bottles of Bulmers to get giddy rather than the 20 pints of Stella us stereotypical northeners all have for breakfast.

Actually if you read the Morse novels he tells it like it is in parts of Oxford. The centre with its colleges and the river are nice but like every city it has its own overspill housing estates etc where the only thing in their favour is it doesn't rain as much. It's not a south v north thing though. Despite being a died in the wool northerner I loved living in Winchester and in Yeovil. It's the south east that's the issue. The south west gets ignored and scorned as much as the north west

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fliers? No need for these when there are posters all around the ground advertising the prices for next season. Was announce on the website, twitter and Facebook plus the LT. 

They should have been on sale (nah we’ll put them on sale, err Wednesday), with an open ticket office to buy them before and after the game.

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Btw, forgot to say it was good to meet mellison of this board briefly after the match

Good to meet you too gb! Ten years after we first spoke on the TeamTalk forums ?

• Backroom
Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Cardiff and Bolton fans in pitch invasion shocker......

1. After the final whistle.

2. At the point of safety/promotion.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Cardiff and Bolton fans in pitch invasion shocker....Rovers fans reel in horror!

Thats because they won promotion / stopped up today. Not 2 weeks ago like we did.

Lets see if the City fans invade the pitch as they are Premier League champions.

Cardiff fans did it before the whistle, they;

a) Got booed

b. Called brainless by the commentators

c. Their manager told them to get off.

And that was with it being an actual promotion moment too, not something that was achieved 12 days previously.

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

1. After the final whistle.

Some Cardiff fans do have the same idiot gene as some of our lot yesterday. They ran on with a minute to go as well.

• Backroom
Just now, Hasta said:

Some Cardiff fans do have the same idiot gene as some of our lot yesterday. They ran on with a minute to go as well.

Planks

Bolton got so lucky this afternoon. Coming back to win with two goals in the last 3 minutes and both the required other results going their way.

Hope Akpan and Conor Mahoney both relegated with Burton and Barnsley.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Bolton got so lucky this afternoon. Coming back to win with two goals in the last 3 minutes and both the required other results going their way.

Hope Akpan and Conor Mahoney both relegated with Burton and Barnsley.

The latter having played a grand total of 4 games according to Wikipedia (which could very well be wrong)

Archived