BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Be a bit underwhelmed with him, his scoring record is poor at best and that's in league one. Just seems like another version of samuel but a bit quicker. 

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd have signed any of those three before I would have given Conway a new contract.

Fair point. But Craig is the eyes and ears in the dressing room apparently. Id rather have someone who gets on the pitch and performs. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Striker options I would go for personally and some are far fetched but heres a little list 

Billy sharpe

Gary hooper

Chris martin

Rhian Brewster 

Lukas nmecha

ben brereton

Ollie watkins

Che adams

George hirst

Watkins has been linked with 10m+ moves to the Prem and im sure that Hirst has just joined a Belgian club. Far fetched indeed!

3 hours ago, AAK said:

Fair point. But Craig is the eyes and ears in the dressing room apparently. Id rather have someone who gets on the pitch and performs. 

He's the spy in the dressing room? Shouldn't think that makes him too popular.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Watkins has been linked with 10m+ moves to the Prem and im sure that Hirst has just joined a Belgian club. Far fetched indeed!

Has Hirst moved? Didn't know that I k we Watkins was one for the future was unaware he had Prem interest at that price though!  Lol

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Looking at that list, Armstrong stands out, aside from that slim pickings. Winnall I think id take but like Rhodes who you are always keen to deride, hes struggled for game time and goals in the last couple of years, that said I would welcome him. The other 3, Gallagher not good enough as weve discussed, Bradshaws goal return last year was very underwhelming, Toney nowhere near good enough and Wigan didnt even want him in League 1 and sent him back. Winnall, Armstrong and Maddison would be a good trio of signings, albeit 2 havent been linked and 1 we dont seem able to re sign, so it is a fanciful wishlist.

Not one person has said that Lowe is good enough so not sure why you put that comment.

But you mention our signings, if we are doing an analysis on the players weve brought in, ones an injury prone player who League 1 Oxford werent too bothered to see leave, and the other has played 17 games of competitive football in his career. So I doubt our rivals are too concerned to miss out on them either and im not sure how you can judge them to be "hands down" superior.

Oztumer certainly would struggle behind Dack, but Wildschut would definitely walk into our team.

Of Course Armstrong stands out. 

Winnall scores goals at this level and has pace. 

I rated Gallagher highly and I want him back here. 

Bradshaw was in a struggle team and a team that didn't created chances. 

Toney didn't play much at Wigan but neither did Devante Cole who they scored for a good fee. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Reading the opinions of the Oxford fans doesnt really instill confidence in Rothwell.

Common themes include injury prone, inconsistent, big doubts on whether he will play and if so, step up to Championship, and also surprise that weve signed him considering Payne struggled for game time.

Seems like its a gamble as a cheap, youngish squad player by Mowbray who can back up Dack.

Key thing is apparently he is a reluctant wide man, played there with an attacking full back to compensate. Played there mainly to accommodate other players.

and so what? 

Lets see where he plays tomorrow. Sadly I wont be at Lincoln as I'm away on Holiday in Kent

37 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Striker options I would go for personally and some are far fetched but heres a little list 

Billy sharpe

Gary hooper

Chris martin

Rhian Brewster 

Lukas nmecha

ben brereton

Ollie watkins

Che adams

George hirst

Hirst has just signed for a club in Belgium that Pearson managing. 

Watkins linked with 10m  move

Brereton No chance

Hooper and Martin wages would be a huge problem.

6 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

There's no right or wrong answer Stuart - each to their own I guess. Regarding our dingle neighbours, I might have a sneaky punt on them coming down this year - bought nobody yet, have also got to contend with Europe with a relatively small squad. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we locked horns with them again next year.

As long as Dyche is there so will they be.  Too bad they are made for each other he's clearly a top manager but not nearly sexy enough for anyone to want to take him away from them.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Him and Pittman are really good shouts to be honest.. Better then mine haha

Exactly. Can’t see Morris getting in the Norwich team, I think their German man has other plans. He did well at Shrewsbury. 

28 minutes ago, neophox said:

Billy Sharp always scores..

wonder When Gladwin is back? Would like him to get a run and succed. Did very well at Swindon but has since faded..

Hopefully never. Nowhere near good enough. Apparently loan interest in him according to the Lancashire Telegraph so hope he sees out his contract elsewehere.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of Course Armstrong stands out. 

Winnall scores goals at this level and has pace. 

I rated Gallagher highly and I want him back here. 

Bradshaw was in a struggle team and a team that didn't created chances. 

Toney didn't play much at Wigan but neither did Devante Cole who they scored for a good fee. 

and so what? 

Lets see where he plays tomorrow. Sadly I wont be at Lincoln as I'm away on Holiday in Kent

Hirst has just signed for a club in Belgium that Pearson managing. 

Watkins linked with 10m  move

Brereton No chance

Hooper and Martin wages would be a huge problem.

Mowbray has mentioned a few times before, having players on different lists, first choice targets, second choice, third etc.

Would like to think the quality on the first list would be the likes of Maddison, like Dack has proven to be consistently a class above League 1, Armstrong who we know compliments Graham and Dack brilliantly. Think Winnall and Mckay are the types that youd have as second choices choices, shown their quality before but their careers have been on a slide. Gallagher and Toney wouldnt even be on 3rd choice list for me and Bradshaw would cost far too much considering his poor goal record. You defend him saying his team didnt create chances (not sure how you know that) as if weve got the attacking midfielders to improve that for him.

Just saying I want our players to play in their positions.

Just now, Tormund said:

Carlton Morris would do well here.

Think hes seriously injured. Besides, hardly prolific at League 1 level.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully never. Nowhere near good enough. Apparently loan interest in him according to the Lancashire Telegraph so hope he sees out his contract elsewehere.

Mowbray has mentioned a few times before, having players on different lists, first choice targets, second choice, third etc.

Would like to think the quality on the first list would be the likes of Maddison, like Dack has proven to be consistently a class above League 1, Armstrong who we know compliments Graham and Dack brilliantly. Think Winnall and Mckay are the types that youd have as second choices choices, shown their quality before but their careers have been on a slide. Gallagher and Toney wouldnt even be on 3rd choice list for me and Bradshaw would cost far too much considering his poor goal record. You defend him saying his team didnt create chances (not sure how you know that) as if weve got the attacking midfielders to improve that for him.

Just saying I want our players to play in their positions.

Think hes seriously injured. Besides, hardly prolific at League 1 level.

Who do you suggest then??

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

and so what? 

Chaddy mate, roversfan99 went to trouble to talk at length about the concerns with Rothwell. I might not agree, but you can't just reply with 'so what?' and 'lets see where he plays'. He deserves a better reply, and I'm sure you can give one.

• Like 4

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Armstrong and Winnall are good shouts I think. Them 2 and Maddison would be 3 good signings.

Obviously Armstrong and Maddison would be ideal. I’d feel a bit better if we signed those two this week.

37 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He's the spy in the dressing room? Shouldn't think that makes him too popular.

Why does that have to be a negative?

He could be the biggest clown in the dressing room or the big brother the players look up too or the spokesman. Nobody knows except the players and manager