BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Great News. His videos him and Rovers have done today has been superb. 

Best signing of the summer

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Marcus Maddison looks a real player. It's an exciting thought having him play for us even if there hasn't been any real substantial link. 

The Video of Maddison season 2017/18 is very good. Good left and good delivery from wide positions. 

Not been linked with him. 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Wigan have signed Callum McManaman on a permanent deal. Another 'skint' club we need to be finishing above doing solid work in the transfer market....

I'd have had either McManaman or Wildschut here, fair enough if Mowbray doesn't fancy them but I sure hope we've better lined up instead.

I agree with both players here would have been good signings. 

I read that Pilkington from Cardiff is available now and I would be looking at him. Only 1 year left on his contract and available plus a Blackburn fan. 

What about a bid for Barrie McKay from Forest. Valued at 900k by transfermarkt 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Dack deserved more money.

In your work place if you proved yourself to be one of the most effective employees would you not think you deserve as much/more than a co-worker who isn't as effective as you?

I get where your coming from but his performances are worthy of better terms.He signed from Gillingham I can't imagine he was on massive money when he joined and has proven himself as our top performer 

Lol we shouldn't even get into my workplace! Totally different kettle of fish. Aside from the pay being miles apart anyway, at my place you have to work for anything from about 6 months to a year before you even earn a permanent contract. Plenty of people who aren't very deserving get promotions (the only way to get more dosh) ahead of those who are. But I digress. Football is a whole other world to all of our day jobs.

I should probably clarify - I don't begrudge him getting more, in relative terms, given his ability and how crazy money is. I just question the timing, and whether it was strategically sound or necessary yet. I'm also not 'unhappy' about it, just ambivalent on balance. When I said I'm not happy, I meant an absence of glowing positivity rather than actual unhappiness.

Edited by bluebruce

Fully deserved a new contract to put him what should be among the better paid players (apart from Evans who really does not deserve his current wage). He pissed L1 and was voted the leagues best player so on that basis alone he should be at minimum a competent Championship player and probably much better than that in my view. 

Also adds to his value should a club come calling and allows us to (hopefully) add or increase a minimum release clause. Its a no-brainer as no matter what his wage (as long  as sensible at this level) we will  not lose anything from Dack as he will either propel us to  promotion or be sold for megabucks  in a  few years time. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Video of Maddison season 3017/18 is very good. Good left and good delivery from wide positions. 

Are you warming to the idea now Chaddy? I noticed you didn't answer my earnest question of whether, if Kent was not available and we had the money, you'd like to sign him?

Just now, neophox said:

Dack deal done As I said

in the beginning of the week?

Did you say there would be someone coming in before the Liverpool game as well? Just wondering if that’s fizzzled out or taking longer than expected?

Just now, bluebruce said:

Are you warming to the idea now Chaddy? I noticed you didn't answer my earnest question of whether, if Kent was not available and we had the money, you'd like to sign him?

I was impressed by his youtube video. I'm still waiting hear the Peterborough owner comments about Maddison. 

I didn't see the question before so my apologises. I would like McKay from Forest. impressive stats last season after only playing so many games. If Maddison was available for 1 million you couldn't argue with that. I do a striker list shortly

• Moderation Lead

Fundamentally, re Dack- I’m sure we’d all agree that he’s the best player at the club, so it makes sense that his pay reflects that. Frankly, I encourage that every day of the week!

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

Good news about Dack. It’s another positive message and a sign that this is a team te current players want to stay part of. I guess that’s the legacy of promotion.

However, he is still a L1 player and, aside from a cameo from Davenport, we haven’t yet signed any Championship standard players. Davenport has even played more Championship games than Samuel - the last Championship player we paid money for.

We are relying very heavily on team spirit and an understanding between our young L1 team. In my view we need to mix on some experience (of the right age/quality) - particularly further up the field - which I guess will have to come from the league an market, if at all. Graham, Conway, Mulgrew and Whittingham have a combined age of 112. Another Lenihan standard.

Maddison and Marriott both look excellent but neither has any Championship experience so we are relying on some real impact even if we did sign both - and they seem pretty unlikely.

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Great News. His videos him and Rovers have done today has been superb. 

Best signing of the summer

The Video of Maddison season 3017/18 is very good. Good left and good delivery from wide positions. 

I agree with both players here would have been good signings. 

I read that Pilkington from Cardiff is available now and I would be looking at him. Only 1 year left on his contract and available plus a Blackburn fan. 

What about a bid for Barrie McKay from Forest. Valued at 900k by transfermarkt 

3017/18? Cant argue with the longgevity.

No to Pilkington. Far too slow and the fact that hes a fan is basically irrelevant. 

McKay a more interesting one. Definite talent, skill and pace but unwanted by Rangers and now Forest in quick succession doesnt scream success. Transfermarkt value means nothing.

Glad to hear Dack has signed a new deal but dont get why it is only 3 years, makes it a bit of a non story. Was hoping for longer.

Edited by roversfan99

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, neophox said:

Dack deal done As I said

in the beginning of the week?

It’s been well reported to be close for a while 

• Like 1

Peterboroughs attention seeking bell end of a chairman has said on video that Maddisons clause is 2.5m (not 1m whoever said that), that 2 clubs met it but were trying to stretch the fee out over 4 years. One he was ready to go to a medical at until the snag of a player that team were selling didnt leave. If that was us I cant see who that player we were trying to sell would be. Maddison is back in training with Peterborough when they return from their training camp on Monday.

This rumour as much as he would be a good signing seems to have snowballed from absolutely nothing. I cant see us spending near that amount sadly. Hope im wrong. Same with Armstrong.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

3017/18? Cant argue with the longgevity.

No to Pilkington. Far too slow and the fact that hes a fan is basically irrelevant. 

McKay a more interesting one. Definite talent, skill and pace but unwanted by Rangers and now Forest in quick succession doesnt scream success. Transfermarkt value means nothing.

Glad to hear Dack has signed a new deal but dont get why it is only 3 years, makes it a bit of a non story. Was hoping for longer.

firstly you know what I meant

Pilkington experience to this squad would be good. 

McKay's stats from last season. Played 26 games, scoring 5 games and 7 assists. After Karanka came in he didn't play much but under Warburton he did. 

My Striker list for @bluebruce is Sam Gallagher(loan), Winnall, Toney, Armstrong, Bradshaw. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Be a shame to lose out when he's effectively said that they'd take payment over 2 years. Just over a million a year for 2 years - if we can't afford, or aren't prepared to pay that then we deserve to struggle this year.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

McKay's stats from last season. Played 26 games, scoring 5 games and 7 assists. After Karanka came in he didn't play much but under Warburton he did. 

Was only a joke chaddy.

Got experience, need pace and flair.

McKay not the worst shout in the world, probably cheap too and worth a gamble.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Peterboroughs attention seeking bell end of a chairman has said on video that Maddisons clause is 2.5m (not 1m whoever said that), that 2 clubs met it but were trying to stretch the fee out over 4 years. One he was ready to go to a medical at until the snag of a player that team were selling didnt leave. If that was us I cant see who that player we were trying to sell would be. Maddison is back in training with Peterborough when they return from their training camp on Monday.

This rumour as much as he would be a good signing seems to have snowballed from absolutely nothing. I cant see us spending near that amount sadly. Hope im wrong. Same with Armstrong.

I have feeling that we were the other club that was going to miss out. I think the club who was in pole position was WBA as they weren’t in the championship last season and they have been the bookies favourite. If they are still waiting for a player sale that could let us in with a chance, if we are in fact in for him. 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Completely agree. While I don't think the fee is too much I can't see us spending that much. 

Also there hasn't been a mention of any of our first team players being close to leaving let alone for a decent enough fee so think that rules us out.

I imagine it's West Brom, apparently they are close to signing a unnamed winger.

Edited by TruRover

I just hope we are in for Madison.. At least show some god damn ambition for god sake .. Players like him can make all the difference 

But instead we are being linked with average gallagher and some league 1 and 2 strikers in Harrison and eilsa what ever his name is 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My Striker list for @bluebruce is Sam Gallagher(loan), Winnall, Toney, Armstrong, Bradshaw. 

I didn't ask for one, but thanks for it anyway. I know you watch a lot of football, so I do appreciate your views even if I don't agree with a lot of your logic. Which of them, aside from Gally and Armstrong, do you rate most?

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I didn't ask for one, but thanks for it anyway. I know you watch a lot of football, so I do appreciate your views even if I don't agree with a lot of your logic. Which of them, aside from Gally and Armstrong, do you rate most?

I go for Winnall